The Turquoise Garden of Epileptic Trees
Lightbulb 
OR WMG/Turquoise

WMG stands for Wild Mass Guessing, where we put our heads into overdrive and come up with theories for the unexplained, unrevealed, or ignored things in the Turquoise RPG, from storyline issues (Revivalists are totes evil!), to unexplained fakemon evolution (where does Gasvirlich get that armour from, anyway?), to just what the as-yet-unrevealed legendaries actually are (I haven't got a clue...). You can even put guesses as to what your fellows players are going to do with their adventures!

There's a reason this is wild mass guessing. The term 'Epileptic Tree' comes from the Lost fandom, who had a theory that the reason certain trees were moving the way they were at a certain time as because they were having epileptic fits. Ridiculous, right? That's the point. Some theories can be serious, some can be insane.

For example, some theories that must show up are:
X is a Time Lord
Overanalysing non-existant symbolism
Everyone is dreaming
Everyone is dead.

You get the idea. Feel free to comment on other people's wild guess, as I will collect all guess and notable comments into this first post.

I will also note whether the theory has been confirmed as true or confirmed as not true via the notes 'Confirmed' and 'Jossed', respectively. If it wasn't actual storyline or RP that proved/disproved the theory but instead an admin/mod/story creator (applicable to the author of the RP thread you're theorising about) simply coming here and saying so, then I will add the addendum 'via Word Of God' and, if possible, link to the post.

Here is the template to use for actual guesses:
(Theory summary) Wrote:This is a more detailed description of my theory. Here is the evidence. Thoughts?
And the code:
Code:
[quote=(Theory summary)]This is a more detailed description of my theory. Here is the evidence. Thoughts?[/quote]

Happy theorising! And now, the Guesses!

KathiraNarae:
New Logora's 'Villainous Team' is the Revivalists Wrote:It had to be said, right? I'm sure the villains that need to be stopped are the Revivalists, it's just that them seeming genuinely good (not thinly veiled with good) and the PCs getting to help them are simply a clever way of doing it. That stuff with the 'Inevitable Discovery' event? Whatever got the Unown riled enough to make that boss fight can't be good. And I'm betting it was the Revivalists. And that is NOT the action of a genuinely good team.
Phoenixsong is a Time Lord Wrote:And this site is his TARDIS.
MyKyurem's event thread Wrote:Is going to kill the boss through sheer funny and nothing else. I just know it.
  • JOSSED, Nibbles ate its last remaining health.

Metallica Fanboy
Evten Vargas is Haruhi Suzumiya Wrote:The more you think about it, the more sense it makes. That, or the less sense it makes. Be my guest.
Cynthia/Blue/Steven Stone appears at the postgame Wrote:The former and the latter would find New Logora very, very interesting. Blue, probably not as much, unless there are enough bigshot trainers to keep him entertained. I guess that's up to us.
A protagonist from a previous videogame also appears at the postgame Wrote:They're silent. It's tedious.
N traveled to New Logora after the events of B/W Wrote:There's not a single place in the planet that N hasn't traveled to after the events of B/W.
  • KathiraNarae: As far as I know, he didn't go to Kalos. I mean, the Pokemon Village is exactly the sort of place he'd go but the only X/Y reference to him is some guy in a house in Coumarine who plays Unwavering Emotion!
A green-haired character in New Logora is related to N Wrote:Pity we don't have physical descriptions of any sort for most of the notable characters.
  • KathiraNarae: Could be related to Ghetsis instead, his hair's sorta greenish. That is a terrifying thought, forget I had it.
An antagonist from a previous game will hijack this game's villainous team Wrote:Because there's totally a precedent for that.
We will bank on a Dark-type gym leader for the seventh frackling time Wrote:... Oh, wait, this time there is a Dark-type gym leader. Nifty.
  • CONFIRMED
There will be a pirate subplot Wrote:This thing's supposed to be someplace near the Caribbean, iirc, yeah?
Jackravage will get a Mega Evolution for ORAS Wrote:It's going to be Fighting/Fairy, and it's going to be a sight to behold.

Dazel:
Mega sharpedo isn't going to happen Wrote:I mean, come on. Everyone knows Mega Evolutions are reserved for fully-evolved Pokémon, and it just wouldn't make sense here. Besides, having a Mega Evolution that's not as strong as the actual evolution is weird. Mega sharpedo complicates everything and won't be implemented into Turquoise.

MrKyurem:
Mega Evolutions won't happen, full stop. Wrote:It should be rather clear at this point that Mega Evolutions are messing with Turquoise's Pokedex. Mega Ampharos making the evolution line one-sided, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Lopunny being Jackravange, etc etc. There's very few good reasons to bring Mega Evolutions into New Logora
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Gotta furnish this with some WMG essentials.

(Evten Vargas is Haruhi Suzumiya) Wrote:The more you think about it, the more sense it makes. That, or the less sense it makes. Be my guest.
(Cynthia/Blue/Steven Stone appears at the postgame) Wrote:The former and the latter would find New Logora very, very interesting. Blue, probably not as much, unless there are enough bigshot trainers to keep him entertained. I guess that's up to us.
(A protagonist from a previous videogame also appears at the postgame) Wrote:They're silent. It's tedious.
(N traveled to New Logora after the events of B/W) Wrote:There's not a single place in the planet that N hasn't traveled to after the events of B/W.
(A green-haired character in New Logora is related to N) Wrote:Pity we don't have physical descriptions of any sort for most of the notable characters.
(An antagonist from a previous game will hijack this game's villainous team) Wrote:Because there's totally a precedent for that.
(We will bank on a Dark-type gym leader for the seventh frackling time) Wrote:... Oh, wait, this time there is a Dark-type gym leader. Nifty.
(There will be a pirate subplot) Wrote:This thing's supposed to be someplace near the Caribbean, iirc, yeah?
(Jackravage will get a Mega Evolution for ORAS) Wrote:It's going to be Fighting/Fairy, and it's going to be a sight to behold.
Yeah, I have no idea who Haruhi Suzumiya is or where she's from, other than it's Manga or Anime, which I have nothing to do with, so that's why I didn't put that essential down. Regardless, I've added the WMGs. Trust the other troper to be the first to reply!

I've also added a couple of comments I had on two thoeries, and added the Confirmed qualifier to another.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Mega sharpedo isn't going to happen Wrote:I mean, come on. Everyone knows Mega Evolutions are reserved for fully-evolved Pokémon, and it just wouldn't make sense here. Besides, having a Mega Evolution that's not as strong as the actual evolution is weird. Mega sharpedo complicates everything and won't be implemented into Turquoise.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Mega Evolutions won't happen, full stop. Wrote:It should be rather clear at this point that Mega Evolutions are messing with Turquoise's Pokedex. Mega Ampharos making the evolution line one-sided, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Lopunny being Jackravange, etc etc. There's very few good reasons to bring Mega Evolutions into New Logora
Quote:[September 20th, 2014 16:26] Phoenixsong : There will be mega evolutions, though there are not currently any plans for megas for pokémon that are not actually available in the game. Not much point in, say, mega chesnaught if no one can get a chesnaught in the first place.
[September 20th, 2014 16:26] Phoenixsong : Not really planning on any megas for canon pokémon in general, either.
[September 20th, 2014 16:27] Phoenixsong : Between X&Y + a minimum of four more from ORAS (sharpedo, lopunny, altaria, camerupt), that's plenty of mega representatives from canon, I think.
[September 20th, 2014 16:31] Serpens V. : Oh. Wait, Mega sharpedo when we have Khargonaut(Or whatever's the name)?
[September 20th, 2014 16:34] Phoenixsong : We're working on that, although to be fair I'm pretty sure they'd already play differently stat-wise.
[September 20th, 2014 16:34] Phoenixsong : Unfortunately I can't really know that without seeing mega sharpedo's stats, so there may be a bit of a wait depending on how things go.
At least one of the above is Jossed.
Hmmm, I wonder if NL will get Mega Ampharos AND new Mega Luvaris...
Well, The one sided line wouldn't be a problem. We just have to make Phoenix(or whoever has the skillz) make Mega Ramfere and Mega Jackravage. With Mega Altaria the things will probably be like Mega Sharpedo.
The thing about sharpedo is that of course it's possible to implement its mega form, but it doesn't... make... that much sense. The thing that makes mega evolution special is that it only operates on fully-evolved Pokémon; that's why it's a mega evolution and not just an evolution. A solution that I see possible is giving khargonaut and chantirrus mega evolutions, while omitting mega sharpedo and mega altaria. Ramfere should probably get a mega form, too.
A green-haired character in New Logora is related to N Wrote:Pity we don't have physical descriptions of any sort for most of the notable characters.
  • KathiraNarae: Could be related to Ghetsis instead, his hair's sorta greenish. That is a terrifying thought, forget I had it.
...Aren't Ghetsis and N related?
(10-31-2014, 01:58 PM)Dazel Wrote:
...Aren't Ghetsis and N related?

Nope! Black 2/White 2 confirmed that N was adopted. Ghetsis apparently found the kid in the woods one day and took him in. The strong family resemblance was just coincidence. It should be noted that this is the canon explanation, and I don't like it.
(09-24-2014, 12:38 PM)MrKyurem Wrote:
High time this was mentioned: jossed hardcore.
(10-03-2014, 09:05 AM)Dazel Wrote: A solution that I see possible is giving khargonaut and chantirrus mega evolutions, while omitting mega sharpedo and mega altaria. Ramfere should probably get a mega form, too.
Okay, so, this solution didn't work out perfectly, but I did correctly guess all three megas! I guess that makes me the Official Turquoise Prophet™. From now on, I'll be calling the shots here.

Uh, at any rate, I wanted to voice that maybe mega starters could be a thing soon? Since ΩR/αS were released, getting a mega stone for your starter is a lot more plausible! (Mega starters have been a thing for as long as megas have, but the starter capable of mega-evolution was not the one you got at the beginning of the game through the professor, so ΩR/αS set the real precedent.) I'd be pretty interested in seeing New Logora megas specifically, as the New Logoran starters are my favourite.