Rate the Avatar above you
Avatar could also mean Profile Picture or whatever and stuffs. But I call it an Avatar, therefore it will forever be blue men doing weird stuff with wyverns and defying the laws of physics.

Whoever posts next rates my avatar, then the next poster rates the poster above them, etc etc.

Let's see how many flame wars we can avoid who has the user-voted best avatar.

.em eb lliw tahT
What "blue men doing weird stuff with wyverns and defying the laws of physics" are you talking about, Kyurem? All I see is something weird and it scares the heck out of me, whatever it may be. Did I ever tell you that? And having the word "colgate" on it doesn't make it any better. It just makes it weirder.

My turn and your vote is 0, Kyurem. xD (joking, joking. Disregard this last sentence.)
(09-07-2014, 02:45 PM)Kaelyn Wrote: What "blue men doing weird stuff with wyverns and defying the laws of physics" are you talking about, Kyurem?

He's referring to the movie Avatar - the one with the blue people, as opposed to the element bending series with the bald kid, or the term used for profile pictures on discussion boards.

You get... an 8/10. Lucario is a great Pokemon overall, and he's fun to play with in Smash Bros. Can't wait to see his SSB4 final smash in action.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

OOC: Avi at time of post was black and grey striped cat, red exclamation mark over head.

I have no idea who or what that guy in your avi is.

I alsway think of 'Avatar' as what Zelda is to Hylia: a god in mortal form. i.e. awesome.

5/10, it's better than Kyu's.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
6/10.

Cat avatar. I've seen quite a few. Normally it would me 4/10, but yours resonates with me for some reason.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
7/10

I have no idea who that is and you'll change it in 2 months time but it's cool
9/10 Colgate is all sorts of ugly.
~ Taav

Oh, I didn't know we could post again, as I'd assume once an avatar was rated that was the end of it... Huh.

Anyway, a 9/10, Issac? Are you crazy? lol. That thing's horrible, whatever it is. Yours, however, I'd give a 6/10 (maybe a 7). I'd be interested in where it comes from, like an anime, or if it's just some form of fan art or something that somebody just randomly drew and posted online (like deviantart). There's a certain amount of aloofness in that grin-and-wink of his that makes me wonder what the story behind it all could be. ^^ And of course, there are the clothes. Whether or not that's just a fashion statement, or those are the normal clothes for the time period the artist had in mind, with what looks like a bit of flair, of course.
I wanted to avoid rating yours again, but you left me some questions to answer. Lucario is still at an 8/10 until my synapses change and tell me otherwise.

(09-09-2014, 08:05 PM)Kaelyn Wrote: Anyway, a 9/10, Issac? Are you crazy? lol. That thing's horrible, whatever it is. Yours, however, I'd give a 6/10 (maybe a 7). I'd be interested in where it comes from, like an anime, or if it's just some form of fan art or something that somebody just randomly drew and posted online (like deviantart). There's a certain amount of aloofness in that grin-and-wink of his that makes me wonder what the story behind it all could be. ^^ And of course, there are the clothes. Whether or not that's just a fashion statement, or those are the normal clothes for the time period the artist had in mind, with what looks like a bit of flair, of course.

The Mighty King Donnel rules over the entire continent of Ylisse, forcing policies in vegetable rights and universal doggone speech acceptance. His reign marks the highest abundance in food surplus since the beginning of history pages.

Made in gimp using these sources:
Donnel (Fire Emblem Awakening)
King Zephiel (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)

His wink is a blessing of fertility to all the land he owns, and also a curse to those who defy him in any way. The cooking pot on his head is his mighty crown, and combined with his formal king attire makes a visual statement similar to that of Andrew Jackson's - the common folk's president, or in this case supreme overlord.
~ Taav

7/10

It's a visually interesting avatar-- it looks nice, the colours are nice, and it's pretty nice overall, but the quality is pretty bad. It somewhat ruins the otherwise decent picture.
9/10, well drawn piccie, and a neat little reference to your username too! For those not in the know, that's Tetra fro Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, who was referred to as Dazel during development (only know this 'cause Dazel told me).
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Hmmm... 5/10

I'm half-way on this one for a couple of reasons. The shading itself looks good, though the jump from each shade of red and gray is a bit much in my opinion. Another shade or two would definitely help the colors blend together more smoothly.

There's also the white background, which never ceases to bother me. Luckily, there's an easy fix to this if you have photoshop, gimp, or any other image editing tool with greater capabilities than paint.

Other than that, the composition is pretty good, and I like the level of detail. It would be a little more interesting with a less symmetric light source, but that's just me being picky,

Did you make it yourself Kath?
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

4/10, it's bizarre and I have even less idea of what it is than your old one.

Yes, I did make that Pokeball image myself, and I don't have better image editing software than MS Paint. I agree with you on the shading, though, I'll see if I can fix that. Along with all the other balls I've done. Maybe tomorrow.

The symmetrical light source is simply a case of me trying to make things easier. I was going to do a diagonal source, but that proved to be hell, unfortunately. I've always considered shading to be one of my better art abilities, though I was using my usual palatte actually meant for much smaller sprite work. That proved to be a mistake.

This is just a normal Pokeball, too. I've done a Quick ball (whose diagonal lines on its bottom half still bother me), and an Ultra ball and Master ball, both of which I think I did fairly well. The whole shade blending works with jumps that big on some colours and not on others: the Ultra ball's shading is some of the best I've managed, ditto the Master Ball, but the problem on the Pokeball is magnified with the Premier ball I did. White is one of the hellish colours for shading, since I don't want it to be too close to actual white for the sake of my lack of transparency ability, but I want it to be visibly 'white'. Which plays merry hell since the way my current version of Paint does things means that you can select one colour then check it in colour picker again only to find that Paint has decided to alter it by one point in lum. And lum is what I alter. The white used is 5 points of lum in between each shade, as opposed to my usual jumps of 10 points each time, and I'd rather not risk trying one pixel at a time only for Paint to make two shades identical withou my consent and ruin it. *sigh* You'd be amazed how difficult working with Paint is, sometimes. And on other occasions, it's easier than you'd think.
8/10

The spritework here is impressive, though I suppose I'm really rating your avatar more as a work of art than I am as an avatar. My biggest gripe with it is that the shading is, well, symmetrical, which would very rarely happen in real life; at any rate, it doesn't happen in the Pokémon world very often. You'll find that most Poké Balls are usually getting light on the top left or top right, even in the anime.
On that note, there are many good sources that can help you get a more 'angled' feel. There's usually a shiny spot towards the top left or right of the Pokeball, depending on the angle.

http://cdn.marketplaceimages.windowsphon...icon_large

Anyway... I give Dazel's picture a 9/10. I really like the drawing style, though I actually wasn't aware that it was Tetra until Kath mentioned it.
~ Taav

7/10

It looks like a gorilla in a hat wearing a powdered wig... It's so confusing, yet it's interesting. x3

And I think Kathira did a good job, though, like Dazel said, the shading needs some tweaking.
9/10

Luxray isn't my favourite mon, by any stretch, but that pic is just...so...ADORABLE!

I'm not really sure when exactly I'll be able to edit my work to look better, but I'll see if I can switch to my Master ball later today. Fun fact: current avi was done because I saw a user on Pokefarm with a truly terrible avi of a pokeball, that honestly looked like the guy had just used the brush tool and then tried to scribble it out. Worse, he chalked it up to only having MS Paint, so I made this ball to sort of 'prove' that MS Paint is not the reason for such terribleness, it's laziness. Circle tool FTW!
As usual, 8/10. I think transparency would help it a lot, since I'm using a dark style, but that's a personal preference, I think. Like before, the spritework is nice and it's generally pleasing to the eyes.
8/10, great work Dazel! Loving the hat especially.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Thanks!

6/10

It's a relatively good spriting job, but I think it would be more impactful if I knew what it actually was. I feel like I'm missing out on a reference.