Super Smash Bros
YES! Mewtwo's back! I expected this, though I lost hope after the full roster had been revealed.

And man, look at stage builder.
http://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/18485/mast...opping.jpg

This is going to be awesome.

I still haven't been able to get SSB 3DS, despite tripping out to Target to purchase it last week. I'm going to try again this weekend.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Just got Smash for 3DS.

It's pretty fun. Haven't played much.

Spending all of next friday playing Pokemon ORAS and the new smash for wii u with friends.

Gonna be great.
Let's Play channel

Let's get to know each other =]
So... this hasn't been updated in a while!

I bought ssb4 3DS back in November, but I purposefully left it home along with my 3DS after Thanksgiving break, because I knew I would be distracted by it during finals week. It was a good move on my part.

I play a fairly mean Shulk and Ike, and I'm trying to get good at Lucina/Marth, Dark Pit, Pacman and Samus. I'm not perfect with anyone yet - I still spam roll occasionally, and I rarely make really stupid mistakes (like back-slashing off the edge with shulk xD).

Still waiting on the Wii U version. My family has it, but we can't play it until Christmas. I'm sure you all know how that is. <_<
I'm gonna get my own Wii U and copy of the game for the dorm, because having to wait until spring break to play again would suck.

Anyone wanna play on wifi this week?
~ Taav

I don't actually own the game yet, but I've played a substantial amount on the demo, and my friends' games. I've also been heavily hinting to my parents that I want it for Christmas or my birthday, which is a week later, so I'm hoping that pays off. I've never played a Smash game before this, so I'm quite new to how everything works. Nonetheless, I do have some characters I'm rather good at, namely Bowser and every Pokemon bar Jigglypuff. I'd also like to learn to play Wii Fit Trainer, for the hilarity factor, and Shulk, just because his playstyle seems very interesting to me. Once I get the game, I'd be happy to give anyone who wants one a match.
I've got both the 3DS and the Wii U version. Down for a match with anyone.

I seem to be getting Pikachu to work again despite the nerfs (thank 1.4 for the buffs, too). I've also got a good Shulk and Bowser Jr. (or, as it were, Ludwig) going.
Since everyone is talking about Smash today, I'll gladly with with anyone x3 Mind you, I only have the 3DS version (Don't own a Wii U)

Any takers~?
I'm in! Sounds like we've got a group now!

We should meet in the IRC and make sure we all have each other's FCs.

And here's the FC thread, for reference.
http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=525
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

So I now finally own Smash. If you see me online and feel like playing feel free to hit me up, I'm down for a match anytime.
(10-25-2014, 12:33 AM)Bake-kujira Wrote: And man, look at stage builder.
http://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/18485/mast...opping.jpg

This is going to be awesome.

oh how times have changed.

Who do you all main? I main Dr.Mario, because the Good Doctor doesn't back down from any fight.

unless it's a fight offstage

seriously

he goes 5 feet offstage he goes 5 feet under ynowatimsayin?

On a more serious note, I really like his playstyle. He isn't as offensive as Mario, but he packs more of a punch, and is great for punishment. Also, he can't abuse that U-tilt combo, which should be a negative but I count it as a positive because that combo is really boring.
That built stage really IS amazing!
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
[Image: vdrgazebo-2nd-catalog-page7-3WellsEnlarged.gif]

Well well well.

A Rayman fake leak has been revealed and confirmed false recently. Many people are extremely butthurt, the whambulance may have to be called.

RIP to those who were hyped, and let this be a lesson to take everything with a grain of salt and try not to be too hyped.
Isn't Rayman officially a trophy in Smash Bros.?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(02-15-2015, 04:12 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Isn't Rayman officially a trophy in Smash Bros.?

Yes, but there was recently a fake which showed Mewtwo and Rayman in the character select screen, complete with brand-new artwork and a video. Really well made if you ask me.
This better not be an April Fools joke.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

[Image: fighter_1.jpg]
Lucas confirmed DLC! Mewtwo will soon become available to purchase (for those of you who were unable to secure both games to get him for free). Also, a number of mii DLC costumes have been announced, including Dunban, Link, Majora's Mask (headgear), and more.

I've never been a Lucas player, but I'm psyched to have him back! But the most exciting thing for me is definitely the Dunban costume. Nintendo, you've won. Here, take my wallet.

Dunban should be wielding his sword in his left hand though. How unfortunate.

ALSO, can't believe I forgot to mention this. Nintendo has put up a poll for new characters. Yes, you heard me right. A poll. You can tell Nintendo what character you want to see as DLC. The deadline is 10/3/2015, same day the 3DS game was released last year.
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
~ Taav

I made a single bet for this Direct.

One, single bet.

I betted that Lucas would not be revealed during the Direct.

Damnit, Nintendo. You could've at least let the screen go to black at the end of the direct, then let us hear a familiar "Kept you waiting, huh?"
For those of you who have answered the poll, who have you voted for?

I voted for Isaac. No, not me. Isaac from Golden Sun. I've wanted to see him make the roster for such a long time. Seeing Little Mac jump from Assist Trophy to Playable character gives me hope, and the fact that he wasn't used as an assist trophy makes him a viable candidate. Nintendo has a bunch of classic RPGs, and Golden Sun is considered to be one of the greatest, probably the best from the GBA era.

Isaac would be great. He's a character that a lot of people have asked for, and would make for an interesting fighter. In Brawl, he made use of his 'move' psynergy, which was the big hand that would push you off the screen if you got caught in it. But in his game, Isaac can summon a giant sword to impale his enemies, unleash earth-based attacks, and call forth overpowered gods and mythical creatures to wreak havoc in battle. Basically, he can do so much more than a typical sword user, far more so than Shulk or Robin. He also wields multiple weapons - swords, maces and axes, so they could really go a million directions with him.

So that's essentially why I want Isaac in. I'd also be excited for Bayonetta (even though I haven't played the games), Prof. Layton or Phoenix Wright, or pretty much any JRPG character that would be viable. I've always wanted Lloyd Irving to have a chance, being a Namco character from both a Gamecube game and its Wii sequel, but... I'm just don't see him getting a spot, sadly.

Who do you all want?
~ Taav

After exterminating most Not Safe For Kiddy language (what I've left in doesn't count... I think?) from my documents, I've decided to share my document telling you why you should be voting for the best character to join the Smash roster, Quote from the game "Cave Story."

Vote already!
Honestly, I voted for Ice Climbers because I want them to come back. That and I can't think of any nintendo characters to add. Looking at your suggestion Kyurem, I'm gonna vote for Quote right now though. That would be so cool!
(04-04-2015, 07:21 PM)FierceDeity Wrote: Honestly, I voted for Ice Climbers because I want them to come back. That and I can't think of any nintendo characters to add. Looking at your suggestion Kyurem, I'm gonna vote for Quote right now though. That would be so cool!

Ice Climbers aren't in the game due to technical reasons - they simply can't happen.
I wouldn't discount Ice Climbers entirely. The technical limitations only applied to the 3DS version of smash. If enough people wanted them back, there is nothing preventing Nintendo from offering them as a Wii U exclusive. It depends on how badly people want them back, and if they would be willing to make an exception for them. They weren't willing to have any game exclusive characters for the initial roster, but for DLC? It's not as certain.

It's unclear how many of the cut brawl veterans will be making a return, if any. I know a few people who want Wolf or Snake back, and there's no telling if either of them will be returning. Personally, as much as I would love to have Snake back, I'd rather see newcomer DLCs make an appearance.

It really depends on how many DLC characters they plan on making. If they plan on releasing characters regularly for at least a couple years, there's a good chance that we will see some new and old. If they only plan on doing a couple, then I figure they'll pick the most popular (and feasible) newcomers. Not that I would really know.
~ Taav