Super Smash Bros
Oooohhhh...Who's Shulk, again?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Here's the reveal video.

Shulk is from Xenoblade Chronicles, a JRPG for the Wii that's getting a sequel (Xenoblade Chronicles X) for the Wii U.
Now it's Reyn Shulk Time! poor Reyn!

Well, I am now officially satisfied with the roster, even if they do butcher it with Dr. Mario. Shulk looks incredibly fun to play, so I think I've found my other main in addition to Ike. Gaur Plains was a great stage choice, and seeing Dunban and Riki (but mostly Dunban) in Shulk's chain attack final smash made my day.

Good to see he has the swim suit alt too.

Now I just need to finish Xenoblade...

EDIT: A 3DS remake of Xenoblade seems to have been announced in addition to Shulk's appearance in smash. I figured something like this might happen, as US customers didn't stand a fair chance at obtaining Xenoblade. I just hope the scenery and gameplay is as stunningly beautiful as the Wii version.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Got a chance to play this at PAX Prime a couple of weeks ago. The Wii U version looks promising! Only got a chance to plat Gredinja, but I want to try out villager and maybe pac-man. The 3DS version looked alright...it was really weird trying to fight with DS controls.
Let's Play channel

Let's get to know each other =]
Hey Evanibble, welcome back!

I figured that the 3DS version wouldn't be as nice control-wise as the Wii U version and the previous games, but what I really want to know is how fast the game plays.

I have a code from a friend, but I can't use it until I can find some wifi for my 3DS. Stupid college wifi doesn't work because the 3DS won't accept a username and password, and all attempts to use a virtual hotspot have failed. I may have to take a drive to Dunkin Donuts tomorrow... <_<
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Huh. If loughborough uni does that as well, that's further reason not to take my 3DS with me. With any degree of luck, I can download Smash Bros 3DS when I get back, it's nice to have a portable version. On a console I can play. It'll sure be wierd without C-stick equivalent, though.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
I've been kicked off of school wifi on my laptop (twice now) for trying to connect my 3DS using a wifi hotspot application. ITS apparently assumes that anyone using that much bandwidth is torrenting or has a virus.

I gave my code to one of my friends who likely has more free time to play it. I'll be busy until Friday anyway, which is when the demo is apparently going to be released to the public.

Also, the game seems to be breaking the analog pads on 3DS handhelds, due to the high intensity of the game controls. I'm wondering if the 3DS version will even be worth getting. Perhaps it will be a better experience on the new 3DS models, but my gut tells me most people aren't ready to shell out more money to get a better version of a console they already own. I certainly don't want to, not anytime soon anyway...
~ Taav

Spoilers in the box.
(09-16-2014, 02:24 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Spoilers in the box.
~ Taav

(09-16-2014, 02:30 AM)Bake-kujira Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 02:24 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Spoilers in the box.
(09-16-2014, 02:08 AM)Bake-kujira Wrote: Also, the game seems to be breaking the analog pads on 3DS handhelds, due to the high intensity of the game controls. I'm wondering if the 3DS version will even be worth getting. Perhaps it will be a better experience on the new 3DS models, but my gut tells me most people aren't ready to shell out more money to get a better version of a console they already own. I certainly don't want to, not anytime soon anyway...
This actually seems to be more due to people getting intense about the game than about the game being in and of itself intense. (I should know, I've got more than one controller stick whose rubber was obliterated in the wake of my Smashing...)
(09-16-2014, 03:02 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote:
All characters will appear in both games. And Falco's back.

(09-16-2014, 03:19 AM)Metallica Fanboy Wrote: This actually seems to be more due to people getting intense about the game than about the game being in and of itself intense. (I should know, I've got more than one controller stick whose rubber was obliterated in the wake of my Smashing...)
Sure, but I question how good the feel of the controls will be in general. The analog pad isn't quite as durable as the analog stick of a gamecube controller, and I'm guessing that it will be somewhat of a pain to play on the portable system. But I wouldn't know.

And just the fact that a ton of people are messing up their 3DSs in the first week of the demo is a bit nerve-wrecking if you ask me. Even if they are going crazy, it says a thing or two about the console's durability.
~ Taav

(09-16-2014, 03:25 AM)Bake-kujira Wrote: And just the fact that a ton of people are messing up their 3DSs in the first week of the demo is a bit nerve-wrecking if you ask me. Even if they are going crazy, it says a thing or two about the console's durability.
First week of the demo, not first week of owning the 3DS to begin with -- you'd expect that these people weren't necessarily being gentle with the other games either. Besides, even if worst comes to worst, Nintendo is a lot more reasonable about warranties and customer service than most corps.
Soooo has anyone else got it in their hands yet? I haven't had a ton of time with it just yet (I was able to leave work early and picked it up in the afternoon, but I didn't really play much at first because I had an awful headache... hence the leaving early), but now that I'm feeling better after a nap I've been enjoying it! So far almost all of the new characters I've tried have been easy and pretty fun to control, although I'm a little disappointed that Robin doesn't seem to be able to dash. They're still fun to use aside from that!

Of course at the moment I'm just happy I was able to change the control scheme and set L to shield and R to grab. Why grab is L by default when it was always Z before (i.e. on the right side of the controller) is beyond me.
[Image: sig.gif]
I have been Smashing practically nonstop since the midnight release. Thank Master Hand for truant college teachers.

We should get some Smash going between ourselves around here sometime soon!
I'm going to wait until fall break to get the game, which is in a couple weeks for me. I'd rather get the cartridge version of the game anyway.

But I did finally get to play the demo for a little bit. The 3DS version is, surprisingly smooth. I'll have to come up with my own custom set of controls, but other than that I was thoroughly pleased.
~ Taav

Hey.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys.

As DLC for 2015. For those that get both games.

So those of us that pick and choose our systems and only have one or the other...

We be boned :3 Unless they decide to release it as pay DLC.
(10-23-2014, 07:56 PM)Orchestra Wrote: Unless they decide to release it as pay DLC.

They're going to. Everything they've said, their tweets, the reveal, etc etc, turns to it normally being paid DLC, but free to those with both games
Oh? I was counting on having to pay for the 3DS game, because I'm not passing up a chance to use Mewtwo, of course. It's good to know it may come as additional paid DLC.

In other news, apparently dual-planed stages are coming to the WiiU version. This opens a lot of doors, I think, but it may also be needlessly complicated, depending on how many stages are like this.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]