Super Smash Bros
Where's all the smash love, fellas?

For those of you unaware, Super Smash Bros was a Nintento 64 game released in nineteen ninety something that featured Nintendo icons such as Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Pikachu, Link and others in a 4-player side-view fighting game. It was a risky game concept, but was extremely successful, so much so that two sequels were made afterwards, and a third is on the way.

SSB4 is on its way, and there's been plenty of buzz about it on most gaming oriented forums. There's a 3DS version that's coming out October 3rd, and a Wii U version to follow sometime afterwards. Both games have the same character roster, but different stages.

To get things started, I have a few questions for you.

1. What SSB games have you played and which one is your favorite?
2. What characters are your favorites or mains?
3. What new characters/stages/etc are you most excited to see in SSB4?
4. The official site will be announcing a new character this Monday (7/14) at 7:00 AM Pacific Time. What character(s) would you like to see put into the game, or think stand a good chance of getting in?
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

As excited about this game, I'm kinda disappointed that they couldn't pick a better name for it.

Although, I don't have much to say about the past games since I haven't played them that much, so I'll be really looking forward to the 3DS release since I actually have a 3DS
1. I've played Melee and Brawl, but prefer Brawl. I'm definately a casual gamer for Smash Bros, never got the hang of Melee tricks like wavedashing. Though I hate Brawl's tripping mechanic.

2. Characterisation-wise, I've always been a Ganondorf fan. When actually playing the game, though, I prefer Sonic and Sheik. Fragile speedsters FTW!

3. Personally, I'm interested in how Rosalina and Villager play, though I haven't payed much attention to who's confirmed to be in 4. If I happen to be horribly misinformed in my next answer, then set me straight!

4. Personally, I'm less interested in speculating on new characters (it could be literally ANYONE as Brawl's Pit and newcomer Wii Fit Trainer prove), and more interested in if Solid Snake, Sonic, and Wolf O'Donnel return. Not to mention the Star Fox team secret taunts and the codec...
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(07-12-2014, 10:55 PM)Lezoux Wrote: As excited about this game, I'm kinda disappointed that they couldn't pick a better name for it.

Yeah, I agree. They should have tacked on an additional word like Melee or Brawl did. Oh well...

My turn...
1. What SSB games have you played and which one is your favorite?
All of them. I basically grew up with the series. I liked Melee the best, though I'm quite fond of Brawl and the original as well.

2. What characters are your favorites or mains?
I tend to main in my favorite characters.

SSB - Link and Captain Falcon usually.
SSBM - Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy and Roy. Oh and did I mention Roy?
Brawl - Ike, Samus (mostly zero suit), Peach, Bowser King Dedede, and Toon Link.

For SSB4, I'm probably going to main Ike again, but we'll see...

3. What new characters/stages/etc are you most excited to see in SSB4?
I'm particularly excited for Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Luma, Greninja, and Palutena. I don't really pay attention to the stages as much, but Arena Ferox is a step up from the generic FE castle from brawl. Looking forward to the Spirit Tracks and Pokemon X&Y stages too.

4. The official site will be announcing a new character this Monday (7/14) at 7:00 AM Pacific Time. What character(s) would you like to see put into the game, or think stand a good chance of getting in?
Some rumors have been going around as to who will be revealed. A lot of people seem to think Chrom, since he's the newest FE lord and was the main protagonist of the most popular game in the series. A 'leaker' claims that Chrom, Shulk (Xenoblade) and Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven) will be in the game, but I have my doubts.

My heart would explode if Shulk was announced, but I kinda doubt he'll make it. I'd also love to see Chrom playable, though I would rather have Lucina/Masked Marth honestly. Either way, it would be cool to have 3 fire emblem reps (hopefully more unique than marth/roy in melee), and more RPG rep outside of FE would be amazing!

Other characters that I would love to see in the game are Isaac or Mathew from Golden Sun, Professor Layton from his own series, and Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Sadly, it doesn't look like any of these guys have a spot. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn has already been out for several years, and a 3DS version isn't on its way (might never be). Layton would be a hilarious fighter, though we have a few of those already in the game. And I thought Lloyd might have a chance, being a Namco character initially from a Gamecube game, but now that Pacman's been announced, I've lost most of my hope.

I really hope to see Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Ness and Wario return as veterans. I'd be happy to see Snake back too, but it's highly unlikely. The only character that I actively don't want to see again is Jigglypuff.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

Never played any of them, but since it's coming out for 3DS as well, and the little newsletter thingy made it look really cool, I might consider buying and trying it. I think I've see a Lucario in there? If I'm mistaken, then I guess Link. x3 And, since I don't know much about these series, I can't really say "who I'd like to see be put in the game".. ^^()
I believe Lucario was in Brawl. He might return for 4, I'm also kinda hoping Mewtwo makes a return having been in Melee but absent for Brawl.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Lucario is confirmed to return in SSB4
Awesome. Then I guess my favorite is Lucario..because.. Lucario. I love Lucario, what more do I need to say? XD

Awesome at the below comment as well. ^^
And I believe Mega Lucario is also confirmed to be in the game as well.
Many people, including myself, were under the assumption that a 5th/6th gen Pokemon would replace Lucario. But then Mega Evolutions happened, and Lucario was given another spotlight in X and Y. He's become important again, along with Charizard and plenty of others.

And that give Mewtwo a decent shot of getting back in. He was a popular Melee character, and has two different Megas to boast of.

Great thing about megas is that it's really easy to convert them into final smashes.
~ Taav

1. Like Bake-kujira/Isaac/IO/Whatever-other-name-the-creator-might-have-at-the-time-you-are-reading-this-post, I too grew up with this game series. From SSB on N64 all the way to Brawl, and I've loved every second of it. For obvious reasons, Brawl is my favorite. Awesome graphics, very easy to just pick it up and play for hours with your brother, love creating levels, love pre-made levels, love the story, and just... love.

2. Favourite Characters:
SSB: Samus, Link, Fox (speaking of, what was his -> B move? It wasn't super speed like in melee, that's all I can remember.), Pikachu, Kirby
Melee: Samus, Zelda/Sheik (<3), Peach, Link, Young Link, Mewtwo, Kirby, Falco, Fox, Pikachu
Brawl: Samus/Zero Suit, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Link, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Ike, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Toon Link, Rob

Overall though, there hasn't been a single character I have truly disliked so much that I absolutely refuse to play them. Each one has their strong suits and I have learned to adapt to each one when playing against my brother for hours on end.

3. Every single fricking new and old character they've introduced so far! I for one love that Sheik and Zelda and Samus and Zero Suit are separated for I usually used Zelda more than Sheik and Zero Suit more than Samus. This way, I get a special for Zero Suit that doesn't change her back to Samus and I get a VB move for Zelda. I'm also really excited for Greninja. I lot of people aren't because of his design with the whole tongue thing but I actually really like the tongue scarf. I mean, it is kind of gross, but he looks so sick. I just hope they have the shiny version available cause I love the black and red. I also love Lucario's new Aura build up thing. Gives him another element. And I'm glad Charizard's back. Also, I believe Mega Lucarios will be Lucario's Final Smash Attack for obvious reasons. Honestly, I don't want Mewtwo back. I feel like Lucario is more balanced and Mewtwo was a little OP and Lucario managed to balance his power out. I'm sure Mewtwo will be in a pokeball--excuse me masterball, which I love by the way. Never again will a pick up a pokeball, hoping for a legendary and cry when Goldeen/Magikarp pops up.

4. I want to see... Honestly, can't think of any new characters. They just keep surprising me. Thought they were gonna stop after Wii Fit Trainer, then after Little Mac, then after Rosalina, Palutena, and now I'm expecting them to stop after Pac-Man but who knows. I mean, it's Nintendo. They have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge roster of characters to choose from. I didn't even know Little Mac existed and I never though Pac Man or Villager would be in a fighting game but I'm really excited for them. To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Mewtwo since everyone's been wanting them. Also, I actually want Jigglypuff again. Man, she is pretty badass once you get the hang of her. Her Final Smash is also pretty awesome if you position it just right. Anyways, I'd love for Midna to make it into the fight. I would actually shed tears of sheer joy if that happened.
I'm at work, so I'll have to make this quick, but....

Lucinaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Sorry shulk.
~ Taav

Super excite for Lucina and Robin. I did not expect that at all. Also, is Chrom a character or just Robin's Final Smash?
Chrom has been confirmed as non playable.
~ Taav

Well, not disappointed but not super excited. I mean, I've never really played any Fire Emblem games, the only one being Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones or something like that and it was pretty good. It just sucks that it wasn't Midna. But at least she'll be in Hyrule Warriors! Anyway, since they've now reached 36 which is 1 more than Brawl. Do you think they'll add more or no? I'm kind of hoping because despite how big the roster is, I'd still love more characters to play as.
(07-14-2014, 05:03 AM)DancinMan91 Wrote: 1. Like Bake-kujira/Isaac/IO/Whatever-other-name-the-creator-might-have-at-the-time-you-are-reading-this-post

FYI I've settled on this one. Isaac was only meant to be temporary.

(07-15-2014, 04:46 AM)DancinMan91 Wrote: Well, not disappointed but not super excited. I mean, I've never really played any Fire Emblem games, the only one being Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones or something like that and it was pretty good. It just sucks that it wasn't Midna. But at least she'll be in Hyrule Warriors! Anyway, since they've now reached 36 which is 1 more than Brawl. Do you think they'll add more or no? I'm kind of hoping because despite how big the roster is, I'd still love more characters to play as.

Yeah, I imagine it's not all that exciting for non FE fans. I've seen a few people who were downright angry about the reveal, because they didn't care about Fire Emblem and thought it didn't deserve the four slots.

I'm guessing that the roster is going to be 40-45 characters in total. They are definitely not finished revealing newcomers or veterans yet. Apparently, we will find out the entire roster in next month's CoroCoro Magazine.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

I really hope they haven't decided to give Ganondorf the old boot, separating Sheik and Zelda and bringing back Toon Link is just ridiculous if they really plan on getting rid of Ganondorf, he's a major character! Besides, they totally need to ditch Sheik and replace him with Tetra.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
I think I'm too fond of Sheik's gameplay to get rid of hir. But I agree that they shouldn't get rid of Ganondorf. He may be pretty much useless gameplay-wise, but he's an awesome character who needs to remain a fixture, especially if Bowser is.

Personally, what with keeping Toon Link, I think Zelda and Sheik should've been kept together, thus keeping the number of LoZ slots down and allowing for newbies, while still having a large LoZ presence.
I agree.

Wario is probably in; the Nintendo eShop complied a list of games Wario is in, and SSB4 was part of it. Thoughts?
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
*groan* Why Wario?! Why not Waluigi?! He's way better!

Waluigi hates this.