Doctor...Whooves?
I just wanted to see how many Whovians and how many Bronies were on this forum. I don't watch much TV, maybe some CSI and Top Gear when they're on, but the only shows that I take real pains to watch are Doctor Who and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. (And Death in Paradise, but that's not that well known.) So, how many fellow Whovians and Bronies? And, more importantly, do those groups overlap here?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I have a no on all three. I mainly watch anime on the internet. ^^() Not so much tv nowadays...
I watch a lot of anime, but I'm also caught up with the Doctor Who series (the new stuff anyways). My Little Pony is a no-go for me though. I'm almost 20 years old and don't really find it all that entertaining.

That being said anyways, I'm excited for the next season of Doctor Who! The vibe I'm getting is that the new doctor isn't going to be like the last two we've known. What are your thoughts on it, Kathira?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

My experience with TV nowadays revolves around anime. Needless to say, I don't pay attention to Doctor Who, CSI, Topgear, or MLP at all. I was watching the Walking Dead a long time ago, but I don't really find zombie apocalypse stories to be all that interesting (oddly enough). The only shows I actively watch right now are Hunter x Hunter and Eden of the East, and every once in a blue moon I'll catch Criminal Minds on actual TV.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

@Chron: Age is no object with FiM. That's who the bronies are, guys and girls aged 18-30. I honestly implore you do actually give that incarnation a try first, then say you don't like it if you genuinely don't. It is actually pretty good, not typical horrible little girls fare. Definately something for everyone, and how many shows can you say have villains who are G-rated succubi, or Q-expies?

I've seen Capaldi in something other than Doctor Who before and I like him! I mean, Tennant is my Doctor (Smith didn't impress me), but I am actually looking forward to Capaldi. Specifically, I saw him in the TV miniseries Neverwhere as the Angel Islington, so I can now make jokes about it being a good thing that the angel has the phone box! And I am getting that vibe myself, another reason to look forward to it. Nice to see a fellow Whovian, though!

@Taav: Seriously, so many people I run into on the internet always go on about anime and I've never liked it, myself! Though I'm with you on zombie apocalypse stories.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Yeah, I do watch Doctor Who, occasionally, and I must say, it's pretty enjoyable. If you ask me Capaldi is the best Doctor since the restart(I haven't watched any of the Ecclestone episodes though), and series 8 overall has some pretty good episodes in comparision to previous ones(Especially first half of series 7). I might start watching it more organized way, though I'm planning to start with the original series from the 60's. Anyone seen it here?

And only MLP-associated media that I consider attention worthy is Friendship is Dragons. The rest of it... I don't consider it that good, and I dunno what people see in it, really.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Eccleston has nothing on those who came after him. NOTHING. I have to say, I haven't been watching as much of the Capaldi run as I should be. I know his acting, he's brilliant, but I didn't entirely like the turn the Doctor's character was taking and I sort of drifted away. As for the original, my Dad has a DVD of the pilot, but his Doctor was always Tom Baker. Would you like a jelly baby? :P

What we see in FiM is that it is good: the writing is more mature than you'd expect, the characters are believable and well-written, lessons learned in previous series actually stick. It's a lot better than previous incarnations of MLP. But FiD is fantastic in and of itself; thanks to that comic (and Darths and Droids), I want to get into proper tabletop RPGs. Never really found anyone to do it with, though, the tabletop gaming society at Loughborough were more Warhammer oriented.