A Few More Questions...
So now that I'm done with my rival battle, my primary objective until it is complete will be capturing all 6 of the Pokemon on my dream team. At least two of these Pokemon (Finnial and Vaering) are difficult enough to catch in the wild that I've decided to get them through IRP Quests. So I have a few questions about catching Pokemon and creating IRP Quests.

1. For catching Virlich in Jarovesu Badlands, this is what's on the Noticeboard thread:

Wild Pokémon (Flatlands):
30%: Numel [12-33] / Camerupt [34+]
25%: Vulkhet [12+]
20%: Slugma [12–37] / Magcargo [38+]
15%: Virlich [12+]
5%: Fallorite [12+]
5%: Virlich [12–19] / Sparcoil [20+]

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be obvious, but just making sure, this says that while your Pokemon are between levels 12-19, Virlich has a 20% chance of showing up in any battle, right?

2. The Quest Creation Center thread says that you can get 1% rarity Pokemon from chaining multiple quests together. How many hard quests strung together would get me a 1% rarity Pokemon?

3. Could I take a quest line off of New Logora? I want to do a quest line consisting of 2 hard quests (or however many will get me a Vaering) and an extreme quest focusing on the Academy that Abysis attended for the past three years. I imagine that the first quest would take place on New Logora and then the rest in the Academy, which is not in New Logora. I wouldn't have to show any of the surroundings or even specify which region the school is actually in.

4. Thinking about what my quest line might involve: I know that New Logora doesn't have a "Team" (like Team Rocket) per se, but for my quest line could I make one up? Well, actually it wouldn't be a "Team" at all but instead a full on militant/terrorist group that just happens to use Pokemon as weapons.

Another option that I could even utilize in addition to the militant group is a legendary Pokemon. What I would love to do is have the militant group battle the legendary Pokemon over the Academy, with Abysis and friends stuck in the middle of it. That would also make for fantastic symbolism of the inward struggle that Abysis himself is experiencing. Seeing as how New Logora doesn't have any legendary Pokemon, though, I can see how this might be problematic.

That's it for now, but I'm almost certainly going to have more questions as I develop this quest line further.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be obvious, but just making sure, this says that while your Pokemon are between levels 12-19, Virlich has a 20% chance of showing up in any battle, right?

Da.

The Quest Creation Center thread says that you can get 1% rarity Pokemon from chaining multiple quests together. How many hard quests strung together would get me a 1% rarity Pokemon?

Two hard quests, and then the pokemon of your choice is available after completing a subsequent extreme quest.

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to trade the finnial I'm battling for your starter if I'm able to catch it and you don't want Crocoal.

Could I take a quest line off of New Logora?

I'll have to defer to an admin on this one, but I'd be surprised.

Thinking about what my quest line might involve: I know that New Logora doesn't have a "Team" (like Team Rocket) per se, but for my quest line could I make one up?

Probably. Note that New Logora does have legendaries, though--not that much is known about them at present, but more information will become available as time comes on. The first of them, Kolnoq, is mentioned in the Fire Grace Festival thread (there's also a picture).
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Thanks for the info. A few follow up questions...

Two hard quests, and then the pokemon of your choice is available after completing a subsequent extreme quest.

So what you're saying is that a quest line consisting of two hard quests and an extreme quest will only get me one 1% rarity Pokemon?

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to trade the finnial I'm battling for your starter if I'm able to catch it and you don't want Crocoal.

That depends on the answer to the previous question. If yes, then absolutely I'll trade. If no, then I'd rather get a Finnial through the quest line because I can work some story into how I get it. If the answer is yes, though, and we do trade, I would like to pick the nickname for the Finnial, if you don't mind.

Note that New Logora does have legendaries, though

Oh, okay. Well, I guess the follow up question for that is can I use any of those legendaries? I wouldn't think so, since I'm guessing you mostly reserve legendaries for special plot events that involve all of New Logora.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

So what you're saying is that a quest line consisting of two hard quests and an extreme quest will only get me one 1% rarity Pokemon?

Yes.

If the answer is yes, though, and we do trade, I would like to pick the nickname for the Finnial, if you don't mind.

Sure, although it doesn't matter--you can freely rename pokemon at any time, even if they came from someone else.

Well, I guess the follow up question for that is can I use any of those legendaries?

I imagine so. IRP quests aren't "canon," so you can pretty much do in them what you wish. There's no moratorium on bringing legendaries into your stories so far as I'm aware.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design