Blank Slate {Discussion}
.:Blank Slate Talk:.
*Roleplay*

Hey guys!

If you are seeing this topic, then you might have already seen the RP topic I made called Blank Slate.

I made this topic for the purpose of discussing/clarifying things that may be happening, and answering any questions that you guys might have about what is going on. Of course I'm gonna be careful about what I say, but you never know what you might get me to spill the beans about, heh.

For those interested in joining in with the RP but are somewhat on the edge, feel free to ask any questions you have that might help you get a better idea of whether you want to participate or not. Like I mentioned, this is mostly a general discussion topic, so anyone can comment with what their thoughts are really, give praise/criticism, postulate as to what this is all about, etc.

The following members and characters are currently involved:

Player Info Wrote:Member: Chronicler
Character: Russ Andos
Items: Black Leather Wallet, Driver's License
Memories: None

---------------------------------------------------------------

Member: Sardonic Nova
Character: Maximus (and a voice in his head)
Items: None

Member: Isaac
Character: Alpha N. Decatz
Items: Keys, School ID, Optimizer (USB Drive)

Member: Te-em
Character: Hideki
Items: None

Member: BlackInfinityEE129
Character: Echo
Items: Black Gun, Supressor

Member: Eonrider
Character: Vince
Items: Curved Sword, Pistol

I'm also gonna do my best to answer ooc questions from the RP here as well, so let's begin:

Sardonic Nova Wrote:Two minds, one body. It's not a psychic or anything. Is that considered schizophrenia? A quick look on the Internet says this sort of thing occasionally happens to very intelligent people, which falls right into place. Is this okay, or is it overpowered? I didn't give Max any belongings, seeing as he has this.

This is fine, so long as Max remains clueless about things that everyone else is clueless about. It doesn't seem over-powered to me really, as long as it doesn't give him any special non-human powers or anything.

In addition, Kathira had mentioned something about being disappointed about not being able to make a character background, so I wanted to clarify on that a little bit.

It's not that you can't create a character background. Almost every character here will need some sort of background/history to refer to at a later point in the RP, but you just simply can't make it known yet as per the storyline. So feel free to get some backgrounds for your characters, just don't share them yet as I previously stated. ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Okay! Yeah, the Second Voice is a bit of a dick and is going to withhold pretty much everything until it's time for Max to learn it, so I don't think that should be an issue. : )

If you don't mind me asking, what's the basis of this? The name "A Blank Slate" suggests that perhaps they get to start over, not only at life, but at existence? The White Void makes me think maybe the players are building a world of their own; how exactly is this going to work?

...Or am I not allowed to know that yet?
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
As the name suggests, they characters involved are starting over in a way (I would hope that would be deducible at least from the starting post), but it's a little more complicated than just that. You'll learn about that as we go, however.

As for the white void, I can't really give too much info on that for now, at least until we actually get rolling next week. Just think of it as a meeting point for the time being.
Pokémon Turquoise

Yeah, I ended up deleting my post because I just couldn't think of who to use! The thing is, personalities are half built off memories and experiences, and without that you're much less of a character. So I was gonna use a loud, hammy motormouth but how would that make that much sense if she doesn't remember the life she enjoyed so much? If I really went for a, well, blank slate of a character that'd fit in with what we have so far, I'd get very bored very quickly. This is part of why I like RPs to have set-ups that you post character forms to first; that way, I have other peoples or the GMs forms to springboard off of.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Let it be known that I stayed up until 12:31 AM on a work day to finish that intro post. Much blood, sweat, and unsweetened black tea have been spilled in the process.

But in all seriousness, this sounds exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing where we go from here.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I see what you mean, Kathira, and I definitely understand the difficult in utilizing a character like that. I will say that if you join in later in the RP when I open up additions, it might be easier to incorporate more of a background as you might be able to introduce a character with some memories intact at that point.

If I do any more RPs in the future, I will most likely include some sort of sign up form that goes more in depth, it just wasn't very ideal for the RP that I'm going for at the moment. And I've found that having a sign up period with past RPs that I've attempted has proven decently low yields of players. I'm hoping that jumping straight into it helps keep players committed for longer.

Also, I'm proud of you, Isaac. And hopefully the unsweetened black tea won't stain anything. xD
Pokémon Turquoise

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on the RP and join in later, in that case.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Hello, not sure if anyone here remembers me. I was active a month ago for about a week and a half and then I stopped posting. I'm back now, hopefully for the long term but we'll see. Anyway, I think this RPG concept is really interesting and I have a few questions for the character I plan to use in it.

1. Could one of the items my character finds on his person be a gun (as in pistol)? It would tie in directly to my character's background and moreover, its primary purpose would not be as a practical weapon but as a source of tension, both for my character as he wonders why he's carrying a loaded firearm and for the group if they ever find out that one of the people among them is carrying a deadly weapon. I do understand, though, if a gun is something that might take the RPG in a direction you don't want it to.

2. What color is the sky? Is it also white? If the ground is white and the sky is white, and both are completely featureless, I thought that it might be difficult or even impossible to determine where the horizon is and so differentiate between land and sky. I think this would be an extremely interesting feature that I would like to reference in my character intro.

Though this is not a question, I feel the need to explain the influences on the creation of my character. My character won't actually know his own name. He won't have any ID on him or any memory of any name, and the only bit a writing anywhere on his person will be one word tatooed on his side: "ECHO." For a lack of a better option, he adopts this as his name until he can remember his real one. "Echo" is actually a reference to the main character of the TV show Dollhouse, who exists in a "doll-like" state in which she has no memories and no personality. Essentially, she is a "blank slate." Dollhouse is also a really good show.

So, yeah, hopefully I can get into this RPG as well as the Pokemon Turquoise RPG. Looking forward to it.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

1. That would be acceptable, and interesting... :3

2. The sky is also white. Everything is completely colorless, so as far as you can tell, there is horizon to differentiate from. I will say this however. The setting we find ourselves in now won't be the setting we find ourselves in forever.
Pokémon Turquoise

Another question: will we be able to choose what memories from what points in our life we remember first? For example, when we first start remembering our pasts will we be given prompts to remember something from a specific point in our background, say either early in our character journey or right before we were... uh... transported here? I'm asking because depending on what my character remembers first, he could develop into one of two very different personalities, and I specifically want him to go along one of those paths and not the other.

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

If memories are returned at any point, you may choose which ones return first. :)
Pokémon Turquoise

Dollhouse IS a good show, glad you reminded me of it. Don't be surprised to see Dollhouse references in my playing when I show up later. I only just realised that connection...
Just a reminder that I will be kicking off the RP tomorrow. If you'd like to join in, be sure to do so as soon as possible. ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise

Update: The first chapter of the RP has officially begun. As of this point, we are not accepting any new players. Once a recruitment chapter has been reached, other players will be allowed to join in. As mentioned in the RP, NPC's will all be controlled by myself. Thus, the rest of you need only worry about controlling your own characters.

As always, feel free to ask any questions here.
Pokémon Turquoise

I'd just like to throw in my support of Bake-kujira's attempt to revive this RP. Right now there's really nothing that I can post, but if other people were to begin posting again I would too.

Thank you BlackInfinity.

I think we can make this work, seeing as everyone here is still somewhat active. I know Chronicler has been very busy lately, so my hope is that he will at least have a moment to nudge the story when the plot needs to progress. Otherwise, we're all here, so there's nothing stopping us from resuming Blank Slate.

And of course, this is a waste of time if everyone else involved wants to continue. BlackInfinity and I are both interested in moving this forward, but I can't be certain about the rest of us. Even if you don't have time to update the roleplay thread right now, take a moment to post here to let me know if you are still interested.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Hi, I'm still interested. I'll make a post later when I have time.
I'm still in!
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
So... I'm thinking it's pretty safe to say that Chron's going to be out for quite a while. I'd like to keep going, but we can't really progress without him, unless take it upon ourselves to keep the plot moving. Unfortunately, we have no idea where he intended to go with this roleplay, and if we were to push it in a different direction at this point, the resulting story would be completely different. This isn't a huge problem in its own right, but I really liked where he was going with this and would like to see this story unfold in a direction that he would approve of. But since he's not around, our options are limited:

1. Wait for him to come back, or just give up and let the thread die.
2. Appoint a new game mod to nudge the story along.
3. Restart this roleplay to allow for active members to join and inactive members to leave.

We also have the unexpected revival of Zen to take into consideration. It might be a stretch to have both of these running at the same time, since we're a small forum and many of us are busy (or are going to be busy shortly). So... what now?
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

As a writer myself, I am very uncomfortable with the idea of taking another person's world/story and continuing it in a direction the original author did not intend, so I would vote against continuing Blank Slate without Chronicler. If Chron's too busy to update Blank Slate, then that's simply the reality of the situation and nothing can be done about that. In that case, I would suggest closing the RP until such a time as Chron is able to continue it. B-K (the Big BK! 'Cause I know how much you love Burger King...) is right that we still have Zen in the meantime.

I also want to announce that I will almost certainly be creating my own RP at some undetermined point in time, because I enjoy RPG's too much to not make one. I might do so in a few weeks, or over spring break, or during the summer. I also have no idea what my RP would be about, but I'll come up with something. If anyone has any burning suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.