{Spoilers} Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion
Hilda is the female PC of Black/White, and my favourite.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
It's probably just that the Diancite (whatever the Mega Stone will be called) will be ORAS exclusive and you could only get it if you have a Diancie.
And then a bunch of things happened, etc., etc.. I'm sure everyone who isn't avoiding spoilers has seen it all by now, but for a quick recap of the most recent news:

Phoenixsong Wrote: So that's mega sharpedo and camerupt confirmed, plus mega gallade for Wally (!). Sharpedo's packing strong jaw and improved stats across the board (nice, although unless they make some tweaks it won't have as wide a variety of biting moves to use it with as tyrantrum does) and camerupt has sheer force and is slower (...its speed was already 40 what are you doing) but otherwise buffed all over. Not too shabby-lookin' either, imo. I dig sharpedo's sawfish snout and gallade's cape. And hey, camerupt has an M for Magma on its forehead. Cute. Can't tell whether sharpedo has anything analogous.

Also it looks like primal groudon and kyogre have some sort of new super-drought and super-drizzle called "land of endings" and "sea of beginnings" (ugh thank god something that sounds more impressive than drizzle). No word on what makes 'em so super yet, but that's a thing that's happening.

EDIT: CoroCoro will be offering a trial/demo download serial code next month—a home version of the X&Y demos that people got to try last year, I guess. I hope the demo is available overseas, too... I mean, at this rate I don't see why it wouldn't be, but yeah.

Today, we find out that mega gallade's ability is inner focus, that rayquaza "holds a secret to mega evolution", and that the downloadable demo will allow players to snag a "new mega evolution" that will be transferable to the full game (along with "something special" that happens if you play the demo "every day"). Exciting!

I've heard some speculation that the "strong sunlight/rain" weather brought on by the new primal abilities is just the original endless weather rather than the new 5/8-turns mechanic, which makes sense to me; it'd be kind of silly if super-kyogre couldn't keep a storm going for more than a short while.

As for rayquaza's secret... I guess most of us were probably thinking it'd get a primal form to match the others, but this makes it sound like we'll see a mega rayquaza instead. Or... por qué no las dos? Or maybe no primal form but two megas, since it seems like something else should end up with multiple megas rather than just restricting it to charizard and mewtwo? Version-exclusive mega rayquaza α and mega rayquaza Ω? (I only just realized they're using uppercase omega but lowercase alpha... I get why, uppercase alpha is just A, but...)

I'm really wondering what other mega evolutions are likely to pop up next. Apparently they've dumped a bunch of clues in both the Kalos and Hoenn E4s—Sidney has what looks like a mega stone in his bracelet, and we know that his signature absol has a mega; Steven has mega metagross; and even though we haven't seen him yet, Drake's salamence now has a mega, too. Does that mean we're looking at mega walrein and mega dusknoir? And three of four of the Kalos E4 members, while currently mega stone–less, have mega-capable pokémon: Wikstrom's scizor, Siebold's gyarados, and now Drasna's altaria. I've had my money on Malva's torkoal being the fourth for a while now; now that mega camerupt is a thing it feels slightly less likely (torkoal and camerupt are kinda similar), so it could be pyroar or chandelure instead, but honestly I'm still hoping it'll be Mr. Turtle and that Mega Mr. Turtle will resemble that hoax torkoal evolution described as looking like a train. mega trainkoal goooooo

Also, at the top of one of the leaked CoroCoro images, there's what looks like a double battle with both Matt and Tabitha. Hm! Wonder what'd have those two working together against you, especially since one of the teams is ostensibly on your side... I think that spread of pages may be for the demo, so it's entirely possible that it's just to show off the teams and the double battling Hoenn is famous for rather than a reflection of an actual storyline event, but still! Interesting, very interesting.

(Meanwhile, I'm not the only one who's noticed that mega sharpedo's noseteeth are missing in one of the screenshots, right? I doubt it's significant—it's either an error, or the teeth can be withdrawn and sharpedo's movement loop has them extending and retracting every once in a while—but it's kind of weird.

Also I'm still annoyed that I can't find the A for Aqua on mega sharpedo yet. :|)
[Image: sig.gif]
For what it's worth, Archie's new design includes that weird inky mark on his face that closely resembles the markings on a Sharpedo, even a non-Mega one.

Personally I've found those megas underwhelming (that, and this dashes my hopes of seeing Wally steamroll things with a Mega Gardevoir), although it's good to see Sharpedo getting the Strong Jaw it ever so deserves. Now that just leaves Mightyena.

Also, there's already Mega Bannete, Phoebe might just use that instead... And in that motion, a Mega Glalie (and/or Mega Froslass) sounds every bit as viable as a Mega Walrein.
So, Mega Rayquaza is officially announced. Watch the video here.

First of all, I want to mention how totally amazing it looks. I thought maybe they wouldn't make a Mega Rayquaza, because there was no way on earth they could make it look better. But they did. Somehow. I mean... look at that! Oh, and the spots light up now! It looks so amazing, and I bet the Shiny is even better.

Dragon Ascent is probably a Dragon/Flying type move, nothing totally original, I'm sure.

But its ability Delta Stream opens a million doors. First of all, the fact that it's called Delta Streams suggests maybe Delta Emerald, ahem. Then, it mysteriously... protects... Flying-types? This sounds totally overpowered and I love it.

From the video description:
The Pokémon Company Wrote:The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza is said to achieve Mega Evolution in a remarkable way—unlike that of other Pokémon—due to its unique biology.
I should've figured something was up, seeing as we get Primal Kyogre and Groudon, and then a Mega for Rayquaza. This is going to be so awesome! I can't wait, this basically refreshed my hype.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
It's...covered in unecessary, stupid, idiotic flowing things that I don't normally like on things...and makes them look awesome. How...?
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
My main thing is, why wouldn't Rayquaza also have a Primal? Maybe I'm not seeing it, but it makes no sense to me. Also, I wonder if the special thing we get in the demo (if it ever comes out and I can get it) has to do with that? Maybe we get Rayquaza'a mega stone? Probably far-fetched and incorrect, but that's all I can think of. I've got my mind too boggled down by this pre-cal/trig..... >.>

And it may just be me, but I don't think Rayquaza looks all that good.... the things in front of it's head that look like pincers or like Giratina's things? ehh... I'l get used to it, but I don't think it's all that great. *shrugs*
Hmm. Design-wise, it's not much of an exchange. The face pincers look awful, but I can get used to them. I find that it's just about as awesome as it was before -- and this being Rayquaza, that's plenty awesome.

Also, apparently, Delta Stream is twofold in its powers. One is that it's still just like Air Lock, albeit completely preventing any weather changers from activating at all, just like the Primal abilities force their favoured weather on. Additionally, it seemes to drop Flying-type weaknesses to neutral damage. I'm not sure whether this means it'll take 2x or outright 1x from Ice moves; either way, it seems that neither Groudon nor Kyogre will be able to murder it as easily as they could before.

Dragon Ascent has been described as the strongest Flying-type move... If they actually mean that, then it'd have to exceed Sky Attack's BP.

Also, GF has apparently trademarked "Delta Emerald". I'm... going to need a moment.
re: dragon ascent: Serebii is currently implying that it's just flying. That said, I didn't see anything in the trailer that mentioned its type, so I don't know where that's coming from. Maybe they only mentioned it in the Japanese footage.

re: why mega and not primal: The thing is, primal reversions are a reversion—they're more powerful, yeah, but the implication is that groudon and kyogre have taken a step backward to a stage where they're completely savage and out of control. Mega evolution is an evolution, a step forward or a progression. Having rayquaza become an uncontrollable savage doesn't seem very helpful when it needs to stop uncontrollable savages, but having it become more advanced and in control probably would do the trick. It's supposed to be "better" than they are, above their base, single-minded urges, so if it's the one that maintains its composure instead of flipping a table and kaijuing Hoenn, that'd prove its superiority and mark it as a proper savior to the people of Hoenn, I think.

re: jaw thingies: I'm not in love with them either, although at least it's easier to see the actual jaw underneath than it is with giratina's mask. I believe it's supposed to look like the letter delta, though, so if nothing else it's there for a reason instead of solely there to make one of my favorite pokémon look weird. (Giratina you have a perfectly good face why are you hiding iiiit :( )

re: that thing I mentioned about "saviors" in an earlier paragraph: The official site has expanded on the primal kyogre/groudon lore with a bit about rayquaza:

story time, kiddies Wrote:It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...

Not sure if the singular great stone is an argument against my belief in a second mega rayquaza. I'm still not counting the idea out.
(10-02-2014, 12:42 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: so if it's the one that maintains its composure instead of flipping a table and kaijuing Hoenn
I am now stuck with the mental image of Primal Groudon flipping a (relatively) very tiny table in the most aggressive way it can muster. It's beautiful.

But yeah, that blurb probably settles it -- Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre become so when they absorb the energy of the ancient world. Rayquaza isn't meant to absorb that energy; it's meant to dispel it.

We'll see how that unique method of Mega Evolving goes, though... It better be good.

(Also, I'm presuming that the big great stone of summoning Rayquaza is either in the Sky Pillar, or is the Sky Pillar itself.)
(10-02-2014, 12:42 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: re: dragon ascent: Serebii is currently implying that it's just flying. That said, I didn't see anything in the trailer that mentioned its type, so I don't know where that's coming from. Maybe they only mentioned it in the Japanese footage.
That would be so, so weird. I mean, Dragon is right in the name. ?_?
This is just a far-out-there epileptic tree, but what if Rayquaza does have multiple megas and he mega evolves in the usual way...but the rayquazites are special partly because they were made from the mentioned pillar!
Official English site is saying that dragon ascent is flying, so there you go, I'spose.

It also explains a bit more about how delta stream works and goes out of its way to mention how it's not like air lock. It almost kind of sounds like air lock can ignore delta stream in addition to other weather? IDK if that's what they mean to imply, but it is kind of weird. And it confirms that it can cancel the primal weathers, which I wasn't sure about earlier. Would've been surprised if it couldn't, obviously, but it wasn't originally clear.

Hm... so since only "a very limited number of pokémon" can dispel delta stream's strong winds, I'm going to guess that that means it can remove desolate land/primordial sea but that they can also remove it if groudon/kyogre switches in/reverts while rayquaza is already in play, and that air lock probably does stop delta stream as well.

No Sugimori art yet, though. Booooo.

Meanwhile: Had to share this pretty fanart by Twarda. Muuuuch better angle for appreciating the delta chin/its actual jaw. I feel better already!

[Image: tumblr_nctyvpPTb11qk8ukco1_500.jpg]
I would like each of you to read this article, hm?

To summarise:
  • Mega Pidgeot
  • Mega Beedrill
  • Free-riding Mega Lati@s
  • FREE-RIDING MEGA LATI@S
I'm surprised they revealed Mega Beedrill without revealing Mega Butterfree alongside it. I am fond of how they made Mega Beedrill more wasplike, though. It looks incredibly angry with something. As for Mega Pidgeot, No Guard is certainly an odd ability for it. They say its Special Attack is going to increase as well, which to me only means one thing: Hurricane spam. Aside from that I can't really think of anything else Pidgeot currently gets that can take advantage of increased Special Attack and No Guard, so I'm guessing ORAS is going to give it some fun new toys to play around with.

As for the Latis, I'm glad they finally decided to introduce the sky as a place you can visit. The idea has been in the fans' heads for a long time, I'm sure, and it's good to see the games finally implementing it. Plus, Latios is one of my favourite Pokemon (hence Eonrider), so it'll be fun to finally live up to my username and ride my mighty steed into the sky.
I've reread the post serebii has and it actually makes me more excited for the game. I don't know about the rest of you, but the "encountering pokemon in the sky while flying" and the pokedex thing they edited in earlier this morning kind of gives me the feeling that they (Gamefreak) are *trying* to make the game more realistic. That's just my take on it. Sometimes seeing pokemon in the overworld before you get into a battle id realistic were the pokemon world true and real; finding pokemon when you're flying makes sense because the pokemon would be everywhere, not just when you walk into the grass; being able to scan pokemon and whatnot without battling them is also a touch of reality. It just makes me wish the pokemon world was real. x3 True, ORAS will have pretty much the same plot and all, but these new little things (they're not really little, but you know what I mean) will do so much for the gameplay, I think (unless, of course, the sky thing doesn't have a lot of options, or is really strict on where you can actually go). As long as the new stuff doesn't get boring too quickly, I think ORAS will be a great game.

I don't know why I just wrote all of this. You all know this information just as well as I do.. I guess I just wanted to post. x3
TL;DR: Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. Mega Steelix is just a poor version of Mega Aggron stat-wise (75/125/230/55/95/30) with Sand Force as an ability. Mega Glalie has a stat distribution of 80/120/80/120/80/100 and can spam Explosion all day long with Refrigerate.

[Image: f4aRFUV.jpg]
[Image: IbYv3G9.png]
Mega Glalie looks ridiculous. Mega Steelix looks pretty awesome. Shame they're the other way around stat-wise...
I don't know that I'd call it a "poor version of mega aggron", really; the stats don't read the same way if you look at them in the context of the rest of the things the pokémon can do rather than solely looking at the numbers. The only worse stat that matters is attack (who cares about special attack and neither of them is winning any races anyway, and 30 is better for trick room or gyro ball if you feel like messing with those), and 125 is still respectable enough considering it didn't even break 100 pre-mega. Outside of the stats mega steelix has a nice secondary STAB that mega aggron doesn't, and if you're playing under sand then both of steelix's STABs end up doing a lot more damage than the same attacks from aggron. It can't take SE hits as well without filter but it also has slightly better special defense and HP, only one extra weakness and an extra immunity, so on the main (and with my admitted "lol I stopped paying attention to competitive play years ago") I'd say they're pretty even overall. I'd even hazard a guess that steelix is better just because STAB earthquake is still a godsend to anything as far as I'm aware, let alone boosted by sand force. I am surprised that they didn't finagle the stats so as to push the defense up above 230, though; steelix has higher defense than aggron, so I'm not sure why the megas have evened them out instead of letting steelix retain its one "edge" in the stats department.

So yeah, while it'd be nice if they stood out a bit more, steelix's type combination and more offensive ability will probably give it enough opportunities to play differently.

Man, I didn't even think about explosion when first I saw it had refrigerate, though (was too busy wondering whether we'd get mega froslass). That's amazing. A STAB, 1.3x explosion that nothing in the game is immune to? Mother of god. although it can only use explosion once, not all day
The greatest surprise here may be Steelix being given the ability to actually not die from any single super-effective special attack. I mean, 95 still won't exactly let it wall any Chandelure, but at least now it might be able to get 2HKO'd by most super-effective special attacks instead of being OHKO'd.

Mega Glalie is going to be terrific with Refrigerate, though. Just watch that sorry excuse for a movepool turn into a vast array of different ways to murder the shit out of certain dual-typed Dragons. Also, that beard.