{Spoilers} Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

So Nintendo decided to drop this little surprise on us this morning. I can't say that I'm disappointed at all. Truth be told, I loved the 3rd generation as it expanded my love for Pokémon even more. I'm kinda super excited to see what they can do for it now that they are working through games on the 3DS. What are everyone else's thoughts on the newest remakes to be released since Heart Gold and Soul Silver?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Are you serious? When this morning did they do this? *Hasn't watched the video yet* But I'm about too. XD This is going to be awesome. I still have the original three, although the clock/time-based events don't work anymore. ^^()

Okkaayy.. Well, I'm definitely hyped now. I had been wondering if/when they were going to do this. ^^ I am buying it the day it's in stores. ^^
From what I can see, the video from youtube was posted about an hour ago, and many places are still posting the news on their own blogs and what not. And I have no idea where my originals are, which makes me really sad but I can always play the ones that belong to my siblings. :D
Pokémon Turquoise

I'm so hyped. Now I want to see some actual gameplay.
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n57l37BklD1rdfyqoo1_500.png]

I am so excited
I'd definitely like to see some new gameplay too, especially when they say 'within a spectacular new world.'
Is it possible that while the same legendaries and several of the same Pokémon might be the same, we might be in a new region for these games?

Also, the changes on Kyogre and Groudon's art are so perty. I'm not sure about mega evolutions, but they might possibly have different forms.
The anticipation is too much! >_<
Pokémon Turquoise

So I totally thought this thread was going to be about some silly fangames based on the title, but omg omgggggg I am so unendingly excite.

Only thing I'm leery about is the "whole new world" thing since I rather like Hoenn, thanks, I'd prefer to go back if possible, but other than that I'm so ready for this.

...except I really need to actually beat X/Y at some point before this comes out. Come on, GF, think of the slowpokes when you start releasing games like crazy, seriously. (Plus there's that fighting game that's probably going to get shown at E3 too? Holy cow.)

this had better mean the return of secret bases omg
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
[Image: ILE3fpQ.jpg]
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
I really doubt that "new adventure = not Hoenn" because like, what would even be the point of RS remakes that aren't in Hoenn? Kalos has like half the Hoenndex so it's not as if they need to make another region for all the RS Pokémon.

That, and I don't think they ever advertised FRLG or HGSS as "an old adventure" (although it would have been entirely apt for FRLG), so it just sounds to me like typical Nintendo taglining.

Also, I want (decent) Contests again. And the Battle Frontier from Emerald, too, none has been greater.
Just got through wishing for secret bases and actually-good contests in another hype thread. Totally forgot about the EBF. I am absolutely ashamed of myself for this oversight. I almost don't even care what the main game is like if secret bases and the battle frontier come back in all their glory.

I doubt they're going to ditch Hoenn entirely, but they may pull a Johto-Kanto/Kanto-Sevii Islands and add in a second area to explore. Hopefully it'll be more fleshed out than the anemic G2/4 Kanto was now that they've got a lot more room to expand.

Hm. They're probably not keeping Pokémon-Amie, or at least not in the same flavor because we're not in France anymore and the pun would be out of place. Super training might stay, though, and obviously the PSS and such will for connectivity reasons. Wonder what the modified/replaced Amie will be like? And how you'll get sylveon if they change it much?

But yes, am so hype for RedundantRuby and SuperflousSapphire being A Thing. (S'pose I'll eventually have to let those names go if there really is a lot of new content/a new region, heh.)
[Image: sig.gif]
I am really hoping that this takes place in a more futuristic Hoenn. An enhanced remake would be pointless, since RSE are indirectly compatible with the latest games, and it just makes sense to bring new stories back to the older regions.

On that note, I have high hopes for this. 3rd generation was one of my first, and also one of my favorites, in the series. Don't disappoint me, Pokemon Company.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

(05-07-2014, 03:38 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Just got through wishing for secret bases and actually-good contests in another hype thread. Totally forgot about the EBF. I am absolutely ashamed of myself for this oversight. I almost don't even care what the main game is like if secret bases and the battle frontier come back in all their glory.
Yes. Yesyesyesyesyes Battle Frontier and Secret Bases and whatever I guess contests too but Frontier and Bases aaaaaa

Being able to mix records over the internet and/or visit other people's FOR REALZ secret bases would be the best thing and GameFreak can have all my money ever if they do it.

(But seriously they better bring the Battle Factory back, yo, I'm not kiddin' here.)

I'm just put off a bit by the "new world" thing in the advertisement; they always do the "new adventure" thing, but I think this is the first time I can remember them advertising a new world.

Now it could make sense that Hoenn has changed a lot since the last time we were there, I mean the regional legendaries are the most likely to terraform everything, so maybe something happened and the region's been dramatically reshaped or whatnot? I'm okay with something like that as long as I still get my precious Fortree City and generally gorgeous tropical settings.

Not so hype for the fact that they're almost definitely adding new formes or mega evos or *something* to the weather trio, seriously stop doing that GF it's so lame.

But for the most part I have no misgivings except that I am going to waste too much time on these games. Bring it on, GF. Bring it on.

wow I feel like I suddenly want to write a Hoenn-themed fanfic in celebration I don't know what to do with myself
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a game. Ruby was my first ever proper video game. It was what really got me into Pokemon, and now I can't wait to see the return of Secret Bases and the original and the best Battle Frontier.
I really hope they've spiced up the encounters for the water routes, though.
"During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes.
Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon."

A tidbit of info that Serebii put out regarding the new games. I guess that kind of confirms that they are gonna make some sort of forms for Kyogre and Groudon, though it was kinda expected because they can't really just leave legendaries alone nowadays, can they?

Also, it is mentioned that they are full remakes, meaning that I don't think it will be a sequel in any way, but instead the same time period and the same story possibly. It doesn't completely remove the chance of extra places being available for travel, however, so we'll just have to wait and see about that 'spectacular new world'.
Pokémon Turquoise

[Image: tumblr_n59et6ddNc1tqe6hto1_500.jpg]

It's definitely not very likely that the whole "new world" business actually means anything. I'm glad to hear actual confirmation that they'll definitely be RS remakes, at least.

(05-07-2014, 03:38 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Just got through wishing for secret bases and actually-good contests in another hype thread. Totally forgot about the EBF. I am absolutely ashamed of myself for this oversight. I almost don't even care what the main game is like if secret bases and the battle frontier come back in all their glory.
If it wasn't before due to the sheer awesomeness, I think the Emerald Battle Frontier has definitely become fully ingrained into my brain after I actually went to all the work of getting all seven Gold Symbols.

I wonder if I can pull it off again if they do bring it back in all of its former glory. Obviosuly, for one thing, the Frontier Brains are gonna need updated teams -- and there's a lot of fun that can be had with the kinds of team they could get now, too. And just as well, I may need to change up my own frontier-beating squad, and I'll be happy to since it'd just be boring to go about it the exact same way.

(05-07-2014, 03:38 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Hm. They're probably not keeping Pokémon-Amie, or at least not in the same flavor because we're not in France anymore and the pun would be out of place. Super training might stay, though, and obviously the PSS and such will for connectivity reasons. Wonder what the modified/replaced Amie will be like? And how you'll get sylveon if they change it much?
They might spin it under a new name. I personally suggest just calling it "Hoenn" because Hoenn is the way of true love. In any case, it's also entirely possible to just run with Pokémon-Amie even if it becomes something of an artifact title. (I'm definitely banking on the former, though, if only because they've been able to come up with a Lava Cookie variant every single time)

If they don't have Pokémon-Amie around, Eevee will probably just have to level-up with a Fairy-type move to become Sylveon. I always figured that that was their failsafe for any games that can't run Pokémon-Amie.

(05-07-2014, 05:58 PM)Negrek Wrote: Now it could make sense that Hoenn has changed a lot since the last time we were there, I mean the regional legendaries are the most likely to terraform everything, so maybe something happened and the region's been dramatically reshaped or whatnot? I'm okay with something like that as long as I still get my precious Fortree City and generally gorgeous tropical settings.
We know that's not gonna happen now, but it was kind of fun making joking theories about that. Like, Omega Ruby doesn't have annoying water routes now! Alpha Sapphire actually uses the Dive mechanice to its full potential!

(On the former, though, there's something somebody else's said about the water routes that definitely rings very true -- annoying as they might be, they also contribute to Hoenn's truly unique theme. Use some Repel and it can all just be worth it. It's definitely better than having Sinnoh's or Kalos' legendaries who are almost completely disconnex with their home regions' flavor and are basically just there for the evil team's schemes.)

(05-07-2014, 05:58 PM)Negrek Wrote: wow I feel like I suddenly want to write a Hoenn-themed fanfic in celebration I don't know what to do with myself
Special interview with Jacquelyn Grimshaw?
Quote:I think the Emerald Battle Frontier has definitely become fully ingrained into my brain after I actually went to all the work of getting all seven Gold Symbols.

Whoah, mad respect. I was way too lazy to more than silver anything but the Battle Factory. (Which incidentally is the best facility and if they change so much as a hair on its precious little head I'm going to hulk out and wreck things.)

Quote:On the former, though, there's something somebody else's said about the water routes that definitely rings very true -- annoying as they might be, they also contribute to Hoenn's truly unique theme.

Oh, totally. I think all the water is definitely part of what makes Hoenn Hoenn. If they could find some way to make the water routes less annoying, that'd be great, but I hope they don't opt to cut way down on them just because people get really tired of tentacool and wingull after a while.

Quote:Special interview with Jacquelyn Grimshaw?

Haaaa, well, no, I think I'd rather do something completely different. I've been writing a lot of asshole protagonists recently, so it would be nice to kick back and do something else for a change.

Confirmed as full remakes.
I'm excited and worried all at the same time. 3rd Gen was by far my favorite (love Torchic/Treeko/Mudkip) but at the same time I'm worried that they'll do a really crappy job and that it'll be identical. Also, I'm really excited for decent contests and the battle frontier. Also, since Blaziken has a mega evolution, I wonder if Sceptile and Swampert will get ones too... It'd make sense and then that way people won't just choose Blaziken cause of the mega evolution (not that I would choose Blaziken for that reason). But yeah. I'm still a little meh on this... though, I was meh at first at the whole Fairy idea and now I love it so... we'll see.
Eh... not nearly as pleased as I initially was. Really didn't want another remake... but at the very least it doesn't surprise me at all. How typical.

To be honest, I'd rather just play R/S/E over again. I'm now inclined to skip this one, or at least put it off until I have played other games. I'm sure the graphics will be swell, and the story will be just as good/bad as the original (since it will be exactly the same)... but plot and characters are much more important to me, and that's really where Pokemon flops more sadly than a Magikarp.

The possible existence of Mega Swampert might change my mind... it really depends on how good it is. And the other generation remakes did succeed to bring new content to the table (absolutely loved Pokeathlon). I'll consider getting one or the other (probably Ruby since it was my first Pokemon game). Not gonna kill my wallet by buying both games like I used to.

I won't be happy until another Shadow Pokemon game comes out!
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

(05-20-2014, 11:49 PM)Isaac Wrote: ... but plot and characters are much more important to me, and that's really where Pokemon flops more sadly than a Magikarp.
[Image: VSN.png]
[Image: Spr_HGSS_Eusine.png]
What are you talking about?