Many, Many Questions
I'm probably not going to be able to actually start my adventure until after finals, but in the meantime I have a few precursory questions. I actually have quite a few, so I will number them. If any of these questions are already answered somewhere on the forum, I apologize for the redundancy. I have looked for answers, unsuccessfully.

1. It is my understanding that after our rival battle, we can go to nearly any island. Once we're on an island, is there a specific starting point and from there a linear progression of places to travel through? Or can we jump around and skip over areas and then come back to them? Specifically, I want to get to Fulgurok Mountains (Mountainside) and Xybryle Bay as quickly as possible so as to catch all the Pokemon on my dream team. Do I have to be a certain level and/or are there specific plot progressions I have to go through to get to those locations?

2. Follow up, when do we get Surf and Dive, which I will need to get three out of my six Pokemon?

3. Another follow up, most of the Pokemon I want to catch are pretty rare. When I get to the area where they are available, do I have to go through the same process as in the video games of running around in circles until the specific Pokemon I'm looking for shows up? For example, Finnial in Fulgurok Mountains has a 1% chance of appearing in every wild encounter. That would mean, statistically speaking, I would have to go through 99 encounters of "A wild X appears! I run away." before I would find a Finnial, which one, would be extremely boring for both me and the moderators who have to update my thread, and two, at the rate at which this RPG moves, could literally take months. The alternative that I see happening would be me arriving at an area like Fulgurok Mountains and saying "I'm going to stay in this area until I find a Finnial," at which point the game would cut straight to an encounter with a wild Finnial, the implication being that I spent a lot of time in the area before that encounter that just wasn't shown because it would be too long and tedious. In fact, what I could do, instead of going through 99 wild encounters, is write up a little blurb about what I did while I was looking/waiting for a Finnial. That would actually be fun.

4. I have read that there will be breeding in this RPG in the future, but I don't know how up to date that information is. Will breeding be available in the immediate/near future? There's at least one Pokemon for which I really need an egg move.

5. Since this RPG has an at least somewhat non-linear progression in terms of the order in which you visit areas, is the level of wild Pokemon and/or those of trainers in each area scaled to match yours? For example, if one trainer goes to Route 606 right after the first rival battle and then later to Route 604, while another trainer does the opposite, would 606's Pokemon be about level 5 and 604's level 10-15 for the first trainer and for the second, 604 would be level 5 and 606 10-15?

6. I believe that NPC's are mostly controlled by moderators, especially in battles, but would there be any instances where I could control NPC's actions, specifically for story purposes (and thus out of battle)? Likewise, I read in a previous thread that it is (probably) permissible to create an NPC "partner" of sorts who travels with you and with whom you can interact with for story purposes. Could this partner be your rival? Meaning, could you travel and interact with your rival outside of the rival battles already in place? And if so, could you control what your rival says and does outside of battles?

7. For our first rival battle, there is a list of about ten moves that our Pokemon can use. Are we free to choose whatever four moves we want from that list, or will our Pokemon come with four moves randomly selected/selected by the mods?

I may or may not think of more questions besides these, but I think this is a good start. Thanks in advance for the time and effort it will take to answer all my questions.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

I can answer a few of these.

1. There is no real linear progression. Some Gyms require you to have a certain amount of badges before you can challenge them, and different areas have different requisites for their use, but you can go wherever you want throughout the RPG without struggle. You should not have trouble finding your dream team quickly (I have no badges and only have one Pokémon to go).

3. I'm afraid you can't just specify what you'd like and have us skip to it for you. If that were the case, it would require no effort to capture powerful Pokémon. You do, in fact, have to run around for a while to find rare Pokémon, but it won't necessarily actually take 99 encounters. You just have to hope you get lucky. :)

4. I can't say much on this one, as I don't know very much about it, but I do know that breeding is going to be implemented in the forseeable future! No matter what happens, you'll probably want to catch the Pokémon in question without the Egg move and just wait, since I can't tell you how long it'll be until breeding is a thing.

5. Yes, it is, but the Pokémon found on the routes don't change; for example, if you are relatively weak still, you might find a Mareep on Route X; later, you may encounter a Flaaffy, and so on.

6. Yes, certainly. However, like you said, you can't change what they do in battle, and I don't think you can battle your rival more times than normal.

7. Pokémon Turquoise is unique in that Pokémon are not restrained to four moves. Pokémon in this RPG don't forget moves, so your Pokémon can learn all the moves it can possibly learn at once. You don't have to pick four unless you really want to, for some reason. The reason for this is because it helps the RPG progress as fast as possible, seeing as on other terms, it is much slower than normal.

Anything else? Anyone else can feel free to add to my answers or correct them. This was just me taking a stab at it.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Many good questions, and here are some answers that will hopefully help you out!

1. There is no specific starting point to any island. If you take the ferry, I suppose that there are usually two general starting points on each island, but you are by no means limited to accomplishing what is available in those areas. Once you get to an island, you can freely travel through to whichever area you want so long as you fulfill the requirements of 'doing something' in each area that you need to pass through. 'Doing something' can mean a wild battle, a trainer battle, a sidequest, or even a happiness session. There is no specific plot progression since you are basically making the plot as you go. There will be a over-arching plot that involved all of New Logora in the future, but that won't effect how you plan your journey.

2. Surf and Dive will be available by sidequests. From what I know, we are still working on implementing the right sidequests for getting these HMs. As soon as we get the sidequests ready, there will most likely be a notice in a Turquoise Article about it. It most likely won't be until after a player gets 3 or 4 badges, so it's not something that is immediately pertinent to where everyone is at, but these sidequests are something we hope to get out this Summer sometime.

3. Okay, so there are actually three ways to get these 1% Pokémon.
a) You can literally keep trying to find wilds until the darned thing appears, which like you mentioned could take forever.
b) You can utilize the Sweet Honey item available in the Referral Shop, which significantly raises your chance of finding these super rare Pokémon.
c) You can attempt to create an IRP Quest Line that will make receiving these Pokémon more RP-based than luck-based. More info on that here.

4. We will hopefully be implementing a breeding center soon after the 6th generation changes are implemented. It is on the agenda, and it is something that will be available at some point in the future. It's another thing we hope to knock out this Summer.

5. The level of wild Pokémon scales to that of the strongest Pokémon on your team (usually 1-7 levels below your own).

6. The NPC's in your story, including that of your rival are yours to control. It is completely permissible to have the NPC travel with you, even if they are your rival. The only thing that the mods will control is the battle choices when your rival faces you, and they'll do their best to add flavor to match that of what you have done with your rival. You're even able to control the rival's words during battle, you just can't control the choices they make.

7. All of the moves available are at your disposal, not just four. Any move a Pokémon learns in the TRPG is permanently learned. It's possible we might have a PvP stadium in the future. If this were created, then the PvP matched might be restricted to four moves, but that would be it.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Thanks a lot! This was really helpful, and quick besides.

7. Wow. That's something. That actually changes quite a lot. Small follow up question: is there PP in this RPG? If a Pokemon knows several dozen moves, it would seem like quite a bother to keep track of how much PP each move has left, and meaningless besides, since the Pokemon is never going to run out of moves to use.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Not a problem, glad to help!

And no PP, so you are free to use the moves as much as you'd like. ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

To elaborate further on #2, dive is already available here. Surf is still TBD, however, as are cut and strength. We're working on it!

As for #3, yeah, some rare pokémon are going to take some effort to find, or at least at first. It would defeat the purpose of giving things rarities in the first place if you could just bypass all that searching with a statement and a post's worth of description, so unfortunately we can't allow that. It is kind of a drag to have to hunt one down manually over what could potentially be months, true, but at the same time it doesn't really make sense for everything to be easily obtainable in an RPG. Remember that in-game stats do play into the mechanics here, and so a pokémon with high stats like distrike is going to be a lot more powerful than commons like aculago or icauriole; getting one will take some elbow grease but should pay off nicely in the end thanks to its extra muscle.

That said, finnial is currently the only 1% rarity wild whose obtainment can only be expedited in the ways Chron mentioned. Chances are you can use your future birthday promos for the others so long as you meet any badge requirements, granted that they may be a ways off. :) There may also occasionally be other players who don't want anything specific from their birthday promos and who may be willing to offer you their choice in return for something else. On that note, if someone else happens to grab one of the things you're looking for (especially finnial) by the time we implement breeding and you still haven't found one there's the option of negotiating a trade for an egg/baby, too.

#6 - In addition to the answers given above, it actually shouldn't be a problem if you request an occasional "extra rival battle" outside of the defined encounters in sticky threads. Such battles won't count as progress toward getting to Victory Road, however, nor would you get any extra cash or other special rewards for winning. They'd just be a custom plot trainer with standard trainer payout, as mentioned here, who happens to be your established rival. (The section as-is makes it sound like this shouldn't be possible, but as your rival's team is already determined mostly by the mods it's not like you're controlling their pokémon selection any more than any of the other examples mentioned.)
[Image: sig.gif]