Inactive [04045-81-6325] Interview with Jacquelyn Grimshaw (Acoatyl Tower)
"...turned out Creepy Bird Tower had a visitor center. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but from a distance all you can see is the tower itself, you know. It's like this white bony thing you can see sticking up over the city from pretty much anywhere. The actual visitor center's pretty tiny and hunkered down at the base of tower in that little parkish area with all the fountains and stuff--look, no, this is totally important, okay? Stop giving me that look.

Anyway, can you blame me? And how was I supposed to know a backwater little place like that would have dioramas? Like, I was expecting a couple pamphlets, maybe some stuffy little library or something, but the place was all full of these great little displays! Kinda dusty, yeah, but there was plenty there, all about the Tower's history and the excavations and restorations that had gone into building it up into the tourist attraction it is today. And dioramas! I'm a sucker for those things, let me tell you.

So I spent maybe a couple more hours there than I should have, you know, urgent mission and all that. Read all the signs, chatted with the receptionist a bit, she looked flattered someone was actually asking questions--gathering information, you know, vital stuff for my upcoming trip.

At least I had plenty of time to actually take a look at the job I was supposedly going to be doing once I got to the tower and found the professor. It was something about transmite going nuts and supersonic-ing everything everywhere to death and how I was supposed to be putting a stop to it, handsome reward, stay off the grass, blah blah blah. Now, I wouldn't know a transmite from a hole in the ground, and my pokédex was doing its extra-useless thing like it was back at the dig site, but I figured it didn't really matter too much. The long and the short of it was that I was supposed to be beating stuff up until it couldn't squeak anymore, and that sounded like an assignment that was pretty much my speed.

So it was late afternoon by the time I actually got to the tower, and I spent a while wandering around in the visitor areas on the lower floors, reading the plaques and checking out the reproduction dig sites that were all 'here's how scientists are carefully exhuming things to better understand the past and totally not because they want all the treasure for themselves.' There wasn't a ton, really, in the pokémon-free zones, but it was cool enough, I guess.

Around five, though, they started to send people through to herd everyone out of the tower, so I figured it was time to get going. I headed out through one of the doors warning about wild pokémon on the other side and proceed at your own risk and stuff.

Out there things were a lot less patched up, and I mean a lot, like gaping-holes-in-the-floorboards levels of not even trying. Holes in the walls, too, big ol' windows without glass and collapsed bits and everything. I wasn't far up in the tower at that point, of course, but even just a couple of floors up that kind of a view can make a girl nervous, you know?

Indy was getting kind of restless in my bag, so I let him out to run around a bit--the better to tacklemurder anything trying to sneak up on me, you know? 'Okay, Indy. We're supposed to be looking for a whole bunch of pokémon going bonkers, so if you see any, just give me a squawk, all right?'

He made some kind of gurgling noise that I figured was a yes, but honestly seemed a lot more interested in the tower itself, and most specifically, the big gaping holes in the walls. In particular, he was showing a rather unsettling interest in running right up to the edge of them and just standing there staring out, now and again kind of stretching his arms like he was thinking about starting to flap and, I don't know, take off, or more likely jump and fall and die horribly.

So I think it's perfectly excusable that I was a little distracted, you know. I was all, 'Whoah now, buddy, I don't think those wings of yours are quite ready for the prime time yet,' and he was completely ignoring me of course, so I wasn't paying all that much attention to what was in my way while I was going to intercept the potentially-flattened-starter situation. Naturally, that's exactly when the mission decided to go and intercept me.

OOC: Going to start off the Revivalist mission "T is for Turmoil." That means I need an encounter with two confused, wild, non-transmite pokemon from the lower floors to face in succession.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
As Jacquelyn Grimshaw and her trusty sidekick Indianna walked through the Tower, a ear piercing screech rang throughout the building. Shortly afterwards, a large flock of Transmite burst into the room, their many cries echoing throughout the room as they screeched. Through the flock of Transmites, one could see a difference in the colors.

As the flock continued screeching loudly, Indianna began reacting strangely. Soon, he was stumbling around, wailing his arms everywhere. Shortly afterwards, a Chatot came flying through the flock of Transmite and straight into Indy, who thus fell over afterwards. The Chatot to was quite woozy, barely even able to continue flying. Not far off from the Chatot, an Auriole, also woozy, crashed into the Chatot. The Chatot let out a cry of anger as it tried to attack the Auriole but missed entirely.

As the two tried, and failed, to successfully fight each other, they soon realized the trainer in the room and turned their attention to her. The two then seemed to form a team, for some reason wanting to remove this intruder from their shared home. Although they wanted to fight together, the Auriole soon wandered off and began pecking at air while the Chatot seemed to stay where it was. It seemed you had a battle on your hands.

[12] [sp=f] [sp=chatot] 51/51 [Keen Eye] (Permaconfused)

OOC: Great. Thanks for a nice, meaty update, DangingMan!

A note to the mod who updates this next: based on the mission objectives, both the chatot and auriole I'm facing should be perma-confused, as will be all the pokemon I send into battle.

I'm going to start off by bait and switching Kelevra for Tyan.

/send Kelevra
/switch Tyan
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

The ultrasonic waves were still hurting her head, but the bird managed to land a peck on Tyan all the same. It did little damage though.

[10] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 35/40 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=f] [sp=chatot] 51/51 [Keen Eye] (Permaconfused)
OOC: Commence thunder shock.

/thunder shock

Although the Chatot seemed like it tried to attack the Mareep, it instead hurt itself by running into a pole. Meanwhile, the Mareep was perfectly able to hit the Chatot with a shock of lightning.

[10] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 35/40 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=f] [sp=chatot] 25/51 [Keen Eye] (Permaconfused)

OOC: Gogo thunder shock.

/thunder shock

Once more the Chatot hurt itself in confusion, leaving it wide open for Tyan to go in and finish it off, assuming that the sheep could overcome the confusion that the Chatot could not. Luckily for Jack, Tyan did, and fried the Chatot with a crisp shock of electricity.

Kelevra gained 79% EXP!
Kelevra grew to level 12!
Tyan gained 80% EXP!
Tyan grew to level 11!
Tyan learned Cotton Spore!

[11] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 38/43 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=f] [sp=chatot] 0/51 [Keen Eye]
Next:
[12] [sp=m] [sp=auriole] 42/42 [Technician] (Permaconfused)
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

OOC: Make it another thunder shock, please.

/thunder shock

The Auriole was also faster than the Mareep, also striking first; however, his first strike happened to be against himself as he rammed straight into the pole. Meanwhile, Tyan tried to get past his own confusion and shock the bird, eventually ending up just hitting himself instead.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 33/43 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=m] [sp=auriole] 36/42 [Technician] (Permaconfused)
OOC: /thunder shock

While the two Pokémon that fought endlessly were confused to the point of attacking themselves previously, they both managed to find their targets this time and attack successfully. Though it was clear who the victor would be in they both were to hit their targets once more. The Auriole was weak to the electric blasts coming from the static sheep, and wouldn't be able to withstand another hit.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 27/43 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=m] [sp=auriole] 12/42 [Technician] (Permaconfused)
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

The bird was quick and sure of his movements, despite the confusion. He managed to strike the mareep with another peck attack. When the electric sheep was going to attack, however, he stumbled over his own feet and planted his face in the ground. How embarrassing; a mareep shouldn't lose to an auriole! The golden bird was just chirping happily, ready to move for another attack.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 14/43 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=m] [sp=auriole] 12/42 [Technician] (Permaconfused)

The speedy little bird zipped around the dazed Mareep before diving in, swatting his face with an Astonishing wing slap. The attack caught Mareep by surprise, stunning it and making the electric sheep to stop his own attack. However, the slap made Mareep's ability kick in, zapping the Auriole and causing him to fall to the floor.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=mareep] 6/43 [Static] (Permaconfused)
[12] [sp=m] [sp=auriole] 12/42 [Technician] (Permaconfused) (Paralyzed)
OOC: Switch to Aron and use metal claw.

/switch Aron
/metal claw

Neither Pokemon was able to do much of anything as Auriole was paralyzed and Aron found itself running into a wall.

[12] [sp=m] [sp=aron] 39/45 [Sturdy] (Permaconfused)

OOC: /metal claw

The auriole, despite both the confusion and paralysis, managed to surprise Aron. The astonish attack caused him to flinch, withdrawing.

That hadn't done much damage, Jack thought. He wouldn't be getting anywhere with this.

[12] [sp=m] [sp=aron] 37/45 [Sturdy] (Permaconfused)