Pokemon Mafia
I was reading both the rule thread and the actual thread and decided I really wanna try something like this. I know that it didn't go down very well last time since people lost interest but maybe we should try again because I'd really like to do this. Anyways, just a suggestion.
It's certainly worth another shot. There has been plenty of activity lately, and so long as there is someone to host it and members to participate, then it should be fine.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I guess I could host it... to be honest I would rather play it but if nobody else wants to host I will... should it just basically be like the other one except maybe with a different setting? Or should we just keep the same setting?
If you are interested in hosting a mafia game, you can setup the theme however you'd like! It can be a normal werewolf deal, it can be pokemon related, or it can even be the evil Snicker bars vs. the protective Twix bars battle of the century, with the M&M's stuck in the middle. :P
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(04-12-2014, 03:38 AM)DancinMan91 Wrote: I guess I could host it... to be honest I would rather play it but if nobody else wants to host I will... should it just basically be like the other one except maybe with a different setting? Or should we just keep the same setting?

I would be happy to host a game if you really want to play instead of hosting. I finally have some free time, now that exam week is over.
~ Taav

I would much rather play. Thanks Isaac. The question is if people are interested and I think a pokemon themed one would probably be the most fun, just maybe not exactly like the one before. If you need help with a theme, PM me and I'll help you come up with one. Thanks! :)
We should have Turquoise Pokémon in this one! Were those in the last one?

Also, this is a great idea. The forums are a bit more active now, so now's as good a time as ever to start this back up.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Looking at the previous roles that were used, which I think we should still use, this is my idea;
The setting can be a wild herd in the Fulgurok Mountains
Mareep stays the same; Innocent Citizens
Ramfere takes the place of Herdier (has the ability to protect someone each night)
Flaafy could take Smoochum's place (can roleblock to insure no night actions are taken). Could be a prostitute as well
Marazuma could maybe be the detective (filling Riolu's role)
Lobovo or Lamlie (or both) could be the mafioso members (filling Scraggy's role)
And then Luvaris can be the mafia leader (filling Honchkrows role)
Would Ramfere be a bodyguard or a doctor?
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

They're both the same thing, are they not?
(04-13-2014, 10:55 PM)DancinMan91 Wrote: They're both the same thing, are they not?
Nope! A bodyguard selects someone, and if they're attacked, there's a fifty-percent chance that the bodyguard will die in the person's place, and a fifty-percent chance that the bodyguard will kill the attacker.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Oh. Well, that's neat. I like that one better then the bodyguard. If we want, we can just do the doctor though.
Okay, so here's what I've gathered so far, based on the posts in this thread and some of my own personal ideas. Feedback is highly appreciated and kinda-sorta mandatory if this is to go smoothly. Keep in mind that I've never hosted a mafia game before, so even if I think I know what I'm doing, I have no idea how the outcome will be.

We're essentially doing another Floccessy Ranch Mafia (perhaps under a new name), with changes in the roles and rules.

I will post a sign-up thread soon, but before I do so, I want to know what you guys think about these roles, what else you want to see, if you have any specific questions, et cetera.
~ Taav

I think Minijina should pick a side at the beginning. He won't be aligned with that side, but he wins under that side's conditions. If he picked Mafia, he wouldn't know who the Mafiosi were, or what they did. Minijina would still turn out roleblocker when inspected..

Could I ask why Ampharos is a role detective and not an alignment detective?
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

(04-14-2014, 09:10 PM)I liek Squirtles Wrote: I think Minijina should pick a side at the beginning. He won't be aligned with that side, but he wins under that side's conditions. If he picked Mafia, he wouldn't know who the Mafiosi were, or what they did. Minijina would still turn out roleblocker when inspected..

I was thinking about allowing this beforehand, though I decided against it when coming up with the proposal simply because he doesn't really contribute to either side, and therefore it makes more sense for him to be a third party.

That being said, allowing him to choose a side doesn't sound like a bad idea, and since it wouldn't tip the odds to either side's favor, it would certainly be acceptable.

Quote:Could I ask why Ampharos is a role detective and not an alignment detective?

Again, it could go either way. Having Ampharos detect roles would be useful for detecting the Minijina, who serves as a hindrance to both the town and the mafia but isn't an official member of each side. At the same time, there's the added penalty that sometimes the reading is inaccurate, which forces the Seer to also use game context to determine whether or not her detection is useful or not.

Mechanically, it's meant to make the detective/seer more powerful, but also less reliable. Thematically, it's an intuitive sense that the Ampharos would have, rather than a talent for investigation like a typical detective. Being able to sense who someone is would be more potent than using shreds of evidence to conclude whether someone is suspicious or not, which is why she can detect roles rather than alignment.
~ Taav

I like this. However, I don't really wanna do another Flocessy Ranch setting and like the wild Fulgurok Mountains setting more. Mainly because it's a little more realistic, as in these pokemon really could be doing this and that makes it interesting.
(04-15-2014, 01:50 AM)DancinMan91 Wrote: I like this. However, I don't really wanna do another Flocessy Ranch setting and like the wild Fulgurok Mountains setting more. Mainly because it's a little more realistic, as in these pokemon really could be doing this and that makes it interesting.
Fulgurok mountains sounds good to me. Let's go with that.

I will have a sign up thread up later today, after I finish my linear algebra proofs.

Edit:
The game thread is ready. Just post in the thread to sign up.
http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=817

I've set the deadline/start date to April 22nd.
~ Taav