Zen (Sign-Ups and Discussion)
(02-02-2015, 12:03 AM)Hawkman32 Wrote: When is this starting?
Soon. I had to wait until my laptop came back, which was yesterday. I still have to chalk up a starting post, too.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
So just to clarify, our first posts are to set up our characters in their native worlds/current situations/wherever our backstories left off? As in, we're all doing our own things separate from the other players and the events of this RP?
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

(02-02-2015, 05:25 PM)BlackInfinityEE129 Wrote: So just to clarify, our first posts are to set up our characters in their native worlds/current situations/wherever our backstories left off? As in, we're all doing our own things separate from the other players and the events of this RP?
Not necessarily! You may set up if you wish, and I recommend you do, but eventually the players will all meet. (Eventually meaning relatively soon, as the RP can't start proper until they do.) Feel free to make your way to the exposition city whenever you see fit.
What is the name of the region and government called?
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
(02-02-2015, 06:47 PM)Hawkman32 Wrote: What is the name of the region and government called?
It's just a city I made up, it doesn't really have a name. You can probably refer to it as "the city" and get by fine.
And I have just finished reading Shado's revised backstory and I have to say, I love it! I'm also a little proud that someone is using my ideas. Apparently, my creativity is not that bad. :P

Also, I'm naming this city and applying tech level.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(02-02-2015, 08:37 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Also, I'm naming this city and applying tech level.
Note that the city is based on 1930's New York City and adjust accordingly, if you will.
Year is 1937, the rain really never stops, name is based on mashing the latin for 'night' and the greek for 'rain'.

There is much rain. We're actually in Vancouver or Manchester. :P
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Wow, thanks Kathira. As a writer I love it when people enjoy my characters. And your creativity is wonderful. Your backstory combines a lot of diverse elements in it: magic, angels/demons, technology, not to mention themes of regret, redemption, tragedy, and all of the more comedic elements. Making all of that work well together (and you do do it well) is no small feat.

Also, there were two things about Shado's backstory that I forgot and have now added. Basically, since the Shadow Plane has only indirect effects on Physical Planes, the Physical version of Shado's mother could still (possibly) be alive, and since Shado is both Physical and Shadow in nature, there is no other copy/version of her, either Physical or Shadow.

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

When I created my character I literally thought to myself how can I be able to use different types of bullets.
Moderator Hawkman32

(02-02-2015, 10:55 PM)BlackInfinityEE129 Wrote: Wow, thanks Kathira. As a writer I love it when people enjoy my characters. And your creativity is wonderful. Your backstory combines a lot of diverse elements in it: magic, angels/demons, technology, not to mention themes of regret, redemption, tragedy, and all of the more comedic elements. Making all of that work well together (and you do do it well) is no small feat.
Eheh. Ultimately, it's all a part of my general head's big story that'll never really see the light of day, but redemption is actually one of the biggest themes of the entire thing. While hope is one of the virtue of Faith's domains in this great big mash-up, the others are trust in other people and redemption. Faithful angels have, as one of their duties, helping others who have either left themselves to rot in guilt over an evil act (see My God What Have I Done), or used such an act to jump headlong into career evil, turn back to the light. Unfortunately, Kathira's better at bringing hope to the oppressed masses via massive application of force directly to oppressors. She tries not to kill them since everyone deserves redemption, but being used as a blunt instrument is what she's best at. Despite being an angel of Faith, Kathira's always been sent off to deal with demons and try to get them to redeem themselves, being fallen mortals and all. Doesn't often work out ideally, though.

Ultimately, the massive combination is actually a result of my trying to get the Rule of Cool to work in my massive head-world, regardless of implausibility. Basically, it's allowing such ridiculous awesomeness as a cyborg angel grabbing an angelic friend with a flaming bat, another angelic friend with a minigun, a third angelic friend with enough electric mana and skill to hack nearly anything to together use an enormous amount of magic to change the ending of Mass Effect 3 in their favour and ultimately keep Harbinger as a pet locked in their basement. And crack jokes while doing it. And then find a plushie on eBay. And then make damn sure omnitools become widespread among angels because they're damn useful, but alter them so they run on mana first. It's weird and bizarre and I think the humour might actually be because I'm British because you can't do anything with an Englishman without them trying to put an undercurrent of humour into everything or be ironic at you.

Just to be clear, the above paragraph won't crop up in the RP. But that's what life inside my head is like. Mad, mad, mad, mad, mad.
(02-03-2015, 01:29 AM)Hawkman32 Wrote: When I created my character I literally thought to myself how can I be able to use different types of bullets.
Not entirely sure you'll have enuff dakka.
I just wanted to change something for my weapons but I want to get it approved by Dazel. I wanted to make my dual mite infused knives into knives literally made of mites, but instead of being small and fragile, they are larger and more durable. However, they already come pre combined and can't summon only the mite alone..It must be the full knife.
Moderator Hawkman32

Er, sure, I suppose, so long as it isn't a good deal more powerful than it was.
It's mainly just it's like throwing knives instead of regular knives
Moderator Hawkman32

Hawk, you are being way too insistent on getting the entire party together in one place. Not only was your first post nonsensical (Ozhics had only just arrived, how could he have been heard of!? Not to mention that his character bio indicates him as a non-action guy, not a fighter, so that's completely incorrect) but now you're controlling other characters in an attempt to shoehorn in someone else, by 'dragging [them] to the lake'. Controlling someone else's character is a big 'no' in RPing.
Sorry, Ohzics had already agreed and Black hadn't posted.
Moderator Hawkman32

Only because I couldn't tell you off in time. But I'm not so annoyed at the innaccuracy as the latest of trying to control another's character. As I said, that's a big 'no' in RPing.
I attempted to edit the paste to make it not seem so forceful and pushing and just Jango walking off in complete confusion
Moderator Hawkman32

I didn't post because I kinda agree with Kathira. It doesn't make sense that you could have found Ozihcs, and I don't really think Shado would agree to fight a... shark, just because some random dude asked her to. And I'm really pretty sure that Shado wouldn't let said guy drag her to some random lake, either. To be honest, before you posted I was assuming that once B-K posted we would all essentially pair up: Dazel and Kathira, Te-em and I, and you and B-K. Then after we played out those scenarios and developed some character relationships, we would all come together and the main plot could begin. Or you know, something like that. I think we should go down that path...?

I was planning on doing that, but since I had already looked for you guys before Bake posted, I was kind of confused. Plus, it would make sense for me to look for Bake since Jango thinks the shark was killed. Anyways, like I edited for Mango to say ( I think ) go back to what you were doing. Sorry for any confusion
Moderator Hawkman32