Zen (Sign-Ups and Discussion)
This forum is oddly empty, so I'm going to change that...

[Image: OJ7t7L5.png]

art (/ärt/): n. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

Art has always been part of human nature. Millennium ago, the early man gazed upon the empty walls of a cave and saw much more than orange sediment; he saw wonder, he saw the cattle and beasts in his everyday life begging to break free and into the world in the form of a picture.

And every day since, man has illustrated his mind with paint or quill, evoking emotion in all of us. Art has always been a piece of us, whether it is our forte, or not.

There is life in art. People do not see paint on a canvas-- they see what the artist saw. It is the most remarkably effective form of communication ever, as well as one of the first. We can enter a world of our own by viewing art, and create a world of our own by painting it.

But perhaps the life in art is more than we have thought. Perhaps the little stick men that we all have doodled during class have lives. Maybe you had illustrated a single frame in a very complicated life. Far fetched, yes? But isn't a photo the same thing? Often times, we look at photos and see it as no more than art. It was someone that had stood up and posed, and was immortalized in photo. But what do those people go home to? What are their internal feelings? All of this is invisible from the outside, but they exist. As do the lives of each drawing you have created.

There are people that have tapped into this parallel existence. They walk among us. Comic artists, book illustrators, and the like-- they have risen above the average photo and have recorded video, sharing it for the entire world to see. They have captivated imaginations of men and children, as they build entire worlds in detail.

But what if someone went beyond? What if someone was sucked into this world of drawings, where possibility is endless and imaginations are tangible? And what if, in some crazy turn of events, that person that was sucked in brought a pencil with them?

? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Name: Hideki Hreyrie (aka "Ozihcs")

Weapon of Choice: Umbrella and an electric torch. The umbrella he once found after it had been dropped by a logician, because logicians always drop their umbrellas when it is raining, never when it is sunny, and this odd truth fascinates Ozihcs.

Partner: Accompanying Ozihcs is a monster from his fantasies (or nightmares). It is a winged dog-like creature with dark purple fur. His name is Ozi. Sometimes he will stand on his hind legs and seem to somewhat resemble a monkey. He has a long, slim tail and a dog's muzzle. His front paws have long fingers like a monkey's hand. His eyes are red, with a faint glow.

Ozihcs and Ozi are not so good friends. According to Ozi's nature, he is loyal to and trusts only his closest friends, and is mistrustful against everyone else. Ozihcs has bad experience of the monsters from his dreams, so he does not trust Ozi either.

Physical Appearance: Ozihcs wears black trousers, a white shirt and a black short coat. On his head he has a black cap with a visor. Ozihcs hair is dark brown, almost black. He is not very tall and his face is quite pale.

Personality: Ozihcs has often been quiet and withdrawn, spending his time day-dreaming. He does not like the reality he lives in. Ozihcs is a careful and somewhat frightened person. For some reason he is tormented by nightmares; it might have something to do with his past. Ozihcs finds it difficult to trust strangers.

History: Ozihcs had been left by his austere parents at a house that functioned as a school for him. There were also homeless children there. The house also came to admit mentally ill people and others who found no place in society, thus Ozihcs called the house Doom Asylum, for he thought that place to be terrible. He often dreamed he would fly with a silvern dragon out to freedom. Day-dreaming a lot, he once left reality for a moment to fly with his dragon.

He met friends at Doom Asylum. One was a mental case, so they called him Mental-Casey. That's when Ozihcs, before known as Hideki, got his name. With a friend - even though they were fighting more often than not - Ozihcs became a little tougher and talked a lot more.

Ozihcs does rather not mention the time before he came to Doom Asylum.
Accepted! This is still going to happen as soon as I have enough participating players, so don't be afraid to bump this thread.
Holy crap this is a lot. I think I might have gone overboard with this one. Not sure, just have a feeling. I've been thinking about this for way too long.

UPDATE 2/2/15: I have majorly changed Shado's backstory, so take a look (if you care).

[/spoiler]
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Accepted! You really went above and beyond there, nice work. Shado sounds incredibly powerful, and while I did notice that you tried to compensate for that, I have one request; you may keep her powers as they are so long as you are able to practise restraint in the roleplay itself. While it's okay to have powers so strong, it's not okay to use them as an instant fix to any problem Shado lands herself in, so keep that in mind.

e: To clarify, none of the people in this roleplay are from our world (at least, no one you can play as). They're drawings that essentially live in fabricated worlds, which should hopefully make this very open-ended. You can essentially go wherever you want with your character, since there are no boundaries, and I thought it would be fun to see all the motley dramatis personae interacting. Basically, while your world can closely mirror Earth, be sure not to make your character come straight from Earth. That takes away a bit of the fun.
Putting my own application up, for reference.
Thing about me and my creative characters is I grab Kathira and alter certain bits to fit the thing. This is closer to what she is now, powers and all, towards the latter end of her story, while the trainer you're familiar with is powerless and closer to the beginning.

Yeesh, this took a while.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
...Wow. Definitely accepted. This is really nice; I love how her strengths and weaknesses aren't just realistic, but intertwined. Looking forward to roleplaying with this character.
I was wondering if this was ever going to be a thing... Awesome. I'd like to make a ridiculously long biography so I can better blend in with the rest of you, but for now this is the best I can do. Sorry.

You'll notice that I kept my character extremely simple, and perhaps even a bit cliched. This was my intention.

you happy now infinity?
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

*high and mighty* Well, I'm sorry for thinking! :P

Remna is...interesting. I see you're taking advantage of the whole 'we're all drawings' thing.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Can I join in?
(01-28-2015, 05:19 PM)Hawkman32 Wrote: Can I join in?

I don't see why not! Just fill out the sign-up sheet so that Dazel can approve your character.

Welcome to PT, by the way!
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

Thanks! I'll type it up when I get on my computer. I am currently on my Kindle.
Welp, here's mine :D
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
The companion is just fine; just make sure you don't give it too much power. Having a companion that's the end-all to anything is generally bad.

We can probably start soon, unless Kaelyn intends to join as well. Anyone who wants to start at the beginning should get on it!
Ok got it
Moderator Hawkman32

Dazel you're literally killing me here.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

It was the in the year 2023 the rp started
Moderator Hawkman32

(01-29-2015, 10:47 PM)Bake-kujira Wrote: Dazel you're literally killing me here.
Oh dear, I'm sorry. I was certain I'd gotten you. Accepted, of course.
When is this starting?
Moderator Hawkman32