Daily Pokémon Discussions
As I've stated elsewhere, I'm not a fan of the Charmander line. Bunch of over-hyped lizards. That being said, I can not complain about this mega evo. It helped me a number of times during my Mono Fire run on Y, and that design takes me back to the days well over a decade ago when there was talk of Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise having evolutions (Sapasaur, Charcolt and Rainer) The images were crap, yet their megas feel like a nod from Gamefreak to those of us that played back in the day.

The design isn't that bad either. >.> Makes it feel like more of a dragon without being one. Still isn't a fave of mine though, neither as a mega or as a line.
Mega Char Y is absolutely fantastic. I honestly wish it could've been the only Charizard Mega, and part Dragon itself. I mean, the only good thing about MegCharX is the removal of the crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, why couldn't that have been added to MegaCharY? Oh well.

Unfortunately for me, I have X so I have to trade for MegaCharY.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I tried really, really hard to get a Mega Charizard Y to work on a Sunny Day team, back when I was more in the competitive battling scene. It didn't work nearly as smoothly as I had hoped it would, sadly. Mega Charizard Y isn't bad, but it just doesn't compare to X. Tough Claws is a much better ability than Drought for 6th gen, mostly because weather itself was nerfed considerably.

I love 'em both to death. Charizard is my favorite original starter. I manged to get both Charizardites, since I chose Charmander in both X and Y.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

This needs to be bumped because why not?

[Image: wailord.gif]
...Used Random.org for this. >.> Darn you, Random.

I really have nothing to say about Wailord. Aside from being the largest known pokemon (Yet somehow super light compared to others) and having the defenses of a soggy tissue, I know nothing nor care about this creature.
I love Wailord, for no other reason than its seeming ability to produce fertile offspring with a teeny tiny kitty. Oh, and I think it's meant to be made of helium...?
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
(07-15-2015, 07:44 PM)Orchestra Wrote: [Image: wailord.gif]

[Image: DwMjjoJ.gif]

Wailord was definitely my favorite Pokemon at one point, and is still among my favorites even today. My first forum username was a Wailord tribute, and well... what can I say? Wailord is the biggest and coolest.

Why do I love Wailord so much? For one, he's basically just a freaking huge whale, arguably based off the blue whale - also my favorite species of my favorite animal. Need I really say more?
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

We haven't had one of these for a few days, sooooo... *Rolls a 721-sided die*

[Image: crobat.gif]
Crobat :3 I can't say I am a huge fan, but I also can't say I dislike them. After training a few, I can say that the ever-annoying Zubat evolves into a real beast. Battle-wise, I'm not sure which I prefer; The swift and powerful Crobat, or the bulky, eviolite-toting annoyance Golbat. When it comes to looks however, Crobat is easily the best of the line. Zubat can be... cuteish, and Golbat... Is a Golbat. But who doesn't like Crobat's design? It's simply awesome. (Aside from the mouth. The mouth just looks really weird.)

Neither my favorite flying or poison type, but given a chance, I would gladly use a Crobat again. :3
Crobat's primary use I've seen in the games? Give one to your major villain to show that they do, in fact, have a heart. After all, Crobat requires high friendliness to obtain from Golbat. The same mechanic is used to show how awful Ghetsis is: his Hydreigon packs a full-power Frustration. Personally, I really like this use of Crobat.

Also, this and this are relevant.
[Image: abomasnow.gif]
Your mon for the day is #460 - Abomasnow
Thanks Random. :\ Yeah. Thanks.

Aside from its shiny (Which I do like) I just don't have any interest in it. Horrible weaknesses to many common typings, its movepool is somewhat shallow and its usual movesets are obvious. I've seen so many with Drain Punch, Wood Hammer, Ice Shard and Ice Punch/Avalanche, I've stopped caring.

Its mega is nice, with some great attack stats, but no matter what form it is, it still has that less-than-amazing movepool :\ Though Hail + perfect accuracy STAB Blizzard with 132 base sp.atk is beastly...
[Image: excadrill.gif]
Number 530: Excadrill

At first, I wasn't a fan. It became over-rated quickly, and its design just didn't appeal to me.

Then I did a second playthrough of White (Replacement copy since my main was stolen ;_; I miss my shiny 'cario...) After fighting Team Plasma in the first cave of the game (On the route with the daycare) a dust cloud popped up. Expecting an item, I ran into it and found myself a Drilbur. First instinct was to just kill it, but then I got the urge to catch it.
I can see why they were so popular in fifth gen wifi battles. These things are monsters. Sadly, I wasn't running a sandstorm team, so its ability was wasted, but damn... If I came across something that was bulky, Excadrill would drill right through, no effs given.

I still find the design to be extremely goofy, but it's still a good pokemon. I can't help but think, if it got a Mega, if it would look like Drimogemon...
How to catch a pokemon?
I want a riolu or sizegenetics lucario in pokemon heartgold how do i catch one please be specific
(09-05-2017, 03:23 PM)lucileburt Wrote: How to catch a pokemon?
I want a riolu or lucario in pokemon heartgold how do i catch one please be specific

Hi lucileburt,

I think you can find an answer to your question via the following youtube link. Questions like these are typically easy to find answers for by searching google or youtube for future reference, instead of reviving old topics like this one. Please keep this in mind in the future so as to avoid breaking any forum rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmDAF67f3k
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Alright I figured it's about time this thread got started again anyway, so let's see what Pokemon the RNG has for us to discuss today!
[Image: 314.gif]
It's Illumise!  I... don't actually have a lot to say about Illumise.  It's Volbeat's counterpart, but Volbeat is also one of those easily forgettable Pokemon that isn't very strong and doesn't have any other particular niche.  Heck, Illumise isn't even one of those Pokemon that's memorable for being forgettable, like Dunsparce.  Poor Illumise, you deserved better.  A new evolution or a Mega or even an Alolan form might have been all you needed, but alas it seems even Gamefreak forgot about you.

Anyway, did you guys know that if you breed Volbeat and Illumise together, the offspring can be either one?  That's pretty neat.
Hey, I like Illumise, and I especially like Dunsparce. It's just a shame they aren't that good. Maybe if both bugs got a stat boost, as well as some move changes (like Illumise the freaking FIREFLY getting Tail Glow like its male counterpart!) they would be a little more loved. Hell, maybe give them some evos like I've seen online and in romhacks.

Yup. They're one of the few pairings that can produce either species, along with the Nidorans (it still, to this day, baffles me about how the male line can breed, yet the female's evos can not)
This thread hasn't been daily discussions for a while, but damn it I don't want it to die.  Anyway, today's Pokemon is...
[Image: wartortle.gif]
Wartortle!

Wartortle suffers from the same problems as a lot of other middle-stage starters.  It's not a bad design, but it can't hold up to the cuteness of its pre-evolution or the coolness of its evolved form.  Perhaps if it had a larger role in either the games or the anime it'd be more popular, but as it is let's face it: Wartortle is what you have when you no longer have a Squirtle but you're still waiting on your Blastoise. Personally I think it'd be cool if Ash's Squirtle had evolved to become the leader of the Squirtle Squad, having something to distinguish itself as the leader besides differently-shaped sunglasses.

While Wartortle is a good transitory stage between Squirtle and Blastoise, one thing about its design puzzles me.  Upon evolving from Squirtle, Wartortle suddenly gains luxriously fluffy ears and a tail, which then completely disappear when it evolves again.  It seems to me they might have been added in order to prevent Wartortle from simply looking like Squirtle with claws and angrier anime eyes, but when I look at some other Gen I designs (mostly Poliwhirl -> Poliwrath) I start to wonder if that's true.  Even if it is, I can't see any reason not to keep the fluff on Blastoise.  After all, Blastoise might look pretty good with a bit of fancy floof to call its own.
I think middle stages in general can get overlooked pretty often in starter lines because of the hype surrounding how cute the first stage should be and how cool the last stage should be. Which overall casts a shadow that can be hard to overcome. There was definitely the lack of a Wartortle in anime, which is realistically probably the only chance for a middle stage to get more popularity in most cases. In the games, they are predominantly just stepping stones to getting towards that final evolution that will kick ass. Granted there are some middle stages that actually do end up being Pokémon that are preferred, like with Dragonair sometimes.

Design wise, I don't really see the point of any of the fluff either. Not only on the ears, but the tail as well. You would think that the fluff might start on the first stage to make it more cute, and then start to mature on the second stage and head towards the design aspects of the third stage.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

While Wartortle's design is questionable, I think its quite useful in battle. A defensive set with Eviolite and it's very bulky and hard to kill. Sure Blastoise has more natural bulk and power, plus what its mega form brings to the table, but Wartortle I like more aesthetically than the evo.

I can't see Ash's evolving which is a shame. A Wartortle with those Gurren Lagaan glasses would be cool. x3
Another few days, another Pokemon!  Today's is...
[Image: shinx.gif]
Shinx!

Shinx is a pretty cute little fellow.  I remember my first time playing through Pokemon Diamond and coming across one in the wild and hearing its oh-so-adorable cry.  Back then, however, my teambuilding strategy was to use my starter and nothing else, so I can't say I've ever used one in-game.

Other than the fact that it's cute, I don't really have a lot to say about Shinx.  It's certainly a solid design, and next time I play through a game where it's available I think I'll add it to my team and see how it goes.
I love the Shinx line :3 Caught one during my first playthrough of Pearl. And Oliver was terrible! But I enjoyed having him on my team, and along with Lucario, Luxray is still one of my fave two Sinnoh mons.

Shame the line isn't that great in later gens. Intimidate and Guts are fun abilities, and they have a fairly decent (but predictable) move set to use the latter. Their stats are just awful. x3 It really is a shame. I'd love to see the line get a Mega, or at least a stat buff.

And yes, Shinx and its cry hella adorable. The female having little blue socks on her hind feet is cute too.
Probably one of the more likable 'mons from gen 4, but I have no special attachment to Shinx really. It's kinda cute maybe? I do like its design in general, though to me it doesn't really scream Electric type like Electrike does. I will say that this is definitely one of the lines that get more interesting with each stage of evolution. Luxray was definitely one of my favorites back when I first played Diamond and Pearl 3000 years ago.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]