Curious
I am a complete newbie here and wanted to know what would classify as being an "Open" thread?

I mean my own thread isn't taking off and would like to join one that would be open so I could learn how things go on this site before I try opening any more threads myself.

So what would classify as being "Open"? Just wanted to know so I don't look stupid for getting into one that could be "Closed" lol!
Great questions, I'll do my best to answe them!

First of all, the open and closed thread prefixes are only used in the IRP Quests forum to designate when someone is looking for members to join their IRP Quest. Then, it is changed to the closed prefix when the IRP is started and members are no longer being accepted for that particular IRP group.

If you are referring to the adventure topics located within the sub-forums of the New Logora forum, you'll first want to make sure you have read the Getting Started Guide and the Beginner's Guide to New Logora. Those, as well as the FAQ found on our wiki page should hopefully answer most of your questions.

I'll give you a quick explanation of how things typically work too, though. :P
For the most part, journey's here are solo, and there are calculations done as in a real game with the fake Pokémon. Your journey's are tracked in your profiles that we create and handle for you, although the Personal profiles are for your own personal use. Usually, you will go back and forth between a moderator and you controlling your player. When you wish to roleplay with another player, you typically do so using an IRP prefix in the forum you post the thread to. However, when using the IRP (Interactive Roleplay) method, you can roleplay however you want with you partner(s), but nothing in your moderator-made profile will be affected, unless you are receiving rewards for an IRP quest that you start or join. In the topic that you and Noah Corek have been RPing in from the Leddin Town forum, it would be considered an IRP topic because you aren't playing solo, meaning that your profile won't change at all from anything you two do in the topic, but you are free to RP how you choose in that topic together until your heart's content. Usually, topics that are active that a player has made will have no prefix, while a player would change a topic's prefix to inactive if they are done with it for the time being. IRP topics will always have the IRP prefix, and will be considered open for the players involved for as long as this place is around.

Again, reading the guides will be your best bet for getting the hang of things around here. That and taking a look at previous topics to see what other players have done in certain areas.

I hope I helped! ^_^
Chron
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

It did thanks. :)
No problem! Just make sure that when you want to start your solo journey, you'll be making a second topic in Leddin Town for just yourself, and Noah will do the same. Within your solo topics, you can act as if you are still each other's rivals, but each other's actions in battle will be decided as if they were NPCs.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Alright... thanks for letting me know this, I honestly thought for some reason we could do the role play with others and still have the mods come into it. :)

But glad to hear differently.