Merry Christmas!
I know it's probably not the 25th where most of you guys live, but here on Borneo it is! Better to get my christmas wishes to you guys in early anyway, eh?
So, hope you guys have a great Christmas (if you celebrate it) whenever it happens to be for you guys!
Presents? I wasn't personally interested in too much in particular, but perhaps a few TCG cards? One present looks suspiciously like a Basketball right now (parents aren't up yet) and I hope for a PS4 (though I'm 99% not getting one).
Merry Christmas!
-Gastly
[Image: 250px-225Delibird.png]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
Merry Christmas to everyone here at Pokémon Turquoise. After a multitude of trials during the past few weeks of my life, I'm finally freeing up time for myself and actually starting to relax again. This is especially good since it means I can spend more time with you guys. :)

So yeah, you can definitely say that it's a good Christmas for me so far. Asides from being reimbursed for the 3DS and Pokemon Y, I got a nice chunk of clothes to make it warmer while walking around campus from class to class. That and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. :P
Definitely looking forward to being a bit more free in the days to come. There'll definitely be less stress anyways, haha.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you all had a good one.

Not much for me this year, for my family and I have been spending a lot of money on textbooks and gear for school. My relatives gave me some money, and on Christmas day I got a money clip from my dad and a 3DS (Devil Survivor Overclocked) game from my mom. I actually slept through most of my day, to be honest. I did wake up for a nice dinner with my immediate family and grandparents though.

The best Christmas present for me would be doing well on my finals and having good grades for the first semester.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Forgot to mention that I also got Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS!
Finally glad to be able to play the new Fire Emblem so I can fan-gossip about it with Phoenixsong. :P
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(12-28-2013, 11:46 PM)Chronicler Wrote: Forgot to mention that I also got Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS!
Finally glad to be able to play the new Fire Emblem so I can fan-gossip about it with Phoenixsong. :P

Awesome, more Awakening owners! Be sure to use Donnel as he is pretty much god when it comes to growth. Also try Classic Lunatic, it's a lot of fun.
~ Taav

I know it's late, but Merry Christmas!

Got parts for a new gaming rig, a new tv, and some awesome shirts! Not to mention this awesome Confederate necklace!

I got Abigail a 3DS XL with Animal Crossing New Leaf and the Breaking Bad Complete Series collection!

And Jared went crazy over all the toys and gadgets we got him!

A very successful Christmas! And now on to New Year celebrations!
Well, now, since it is Christmas once again, let's revive this thread! What were you hoping for and what did you get?

Personally, I was hoping for some sort of game or book or a substantial amount of money, but I wasn't actually expecting anything much. What I got was...a lot, actually. A Filofax, slimy sleeves, file dividers, folders, loads of paper, highlighters (I have a collection now...), scarf and gloves, and food. Yes, I got long-life tins and pasta and OJ for Christmas. All in aid of letting me not spend so much money on such necessities. Yeah, thanks, this sort of thing is cheap anyway, idiot family! Can't you give me the expensive fun stuff so I don't waste MORE money on what I want?! *headdesk*

As a side note, if any of you on Steam/TF2 would like to get me Garry's Mod or Portal/Portal2 or a nifty hat for Christmas, I won't say no!
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
A group of my friends and I held a Secret Santa. Being that most of us are unemployed high school students, I wasn't expecting much, but I am very excited by what they got me. One person got me a really nice scarf. I was kinda disappointed at first, but I've been wearing this scarf every day since. I never realized how comfortable a decent scarf could be. I also got a portable battery charger for my phone, which I've been desperately needing for the longest time.

From my parents, Omega Ruby, which I've been slowing progressing through. Ruby was my first own Pokemon game, and it's been really nostalgic.
More presents for me just showed up, stuff I actually like! New calender (I'd been asking), the biggest box of chocolates I've ever seen (Lindt, too, so it's good quality), and a small bottle of vodka. Yay!
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Sounds like you are having fun, Kath. : ) That's good. And you too, Light. As for me, we were up driving in the middle of the night to get here, and then had breakfast/lunch at Ihop, and we are left scratching our heads on what to do next. ^^()

We did have some presents, but not much was very exciting. We didn't even have the whole immediate family with us, so... *shrugs* ^^() Hope everyone else is having a fantastic Christmas for those who celebrate it.
Had an okay christmas. Got some chocolate (which was promptly devoured. The milk chocolate anyways. Gave mom the dark chocolate) as well as some gift cards, and Ultimate NES Remix and Alpha Sapphire.

Hope you all had a good Christmas~
Stealthily self-gifted myself Hyrule Warriors. Bought it for myself and let folks wrap it. The rest of the loot was just the same old -- clothes, chocolate (they lost my best bar! I am so fucking mad!), cash, and for some reason, a backpack. As far as family goes, the real gift was that I got to diss someone on Secret Santa.

The day's been great, mostly because I got to do a bunch of awesome things with internet friends. Such as Smash. Three-stocked some wimps today, oh yeah.

Happy holidays to all!

(PS: to all who got Fire Emblem Awakening last year, Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword is on the Wii U VC now, so you folks can all play an actual Fire Emblem game this year! Okay, I'm kidding, but really, if you can withstand the inherently greater difficulty, you may enjoy it more.)
Merry Christmas guys.

It's been a relatively uneventful day. I was able to skip church (doesn't really make much sense for me to go, but my family usually insists), and I slept for a good chunk of the day because I was up all night playing Xenoblade. As for presents, I got some CDs, the Magic Bullet (a blender set), and a Samus amiibo. My brother got Smash Bros for Wii U, but we didn't end up playing it that much, sadly.

I played some 3DS wifi though, and was getting whooped by some really good opponents. I still don't really know how to handle Captain Falcon, Rosalina and the like with my slow characters. It kinda depresses me.

(12-25-2014, 09:02 PM)Metallica Fanboy Wrote: (PS: to all who got Fire Emblem Awakening last year, Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword is on the Wii U VC now, so you folks can all play an actual Fire Emblem game this year! Okay, I'm kidding, but really, if you can withstand the inherently greater difficulty, you may enjoy it more.)

Hold your cavaliers matey, Blazing Sword was mad easy until HHM. Did you try FE:A Lunatic/Lunatic+? The only game that comes close to it in impossibility is the Japan-only FE12. Even Hard Mode 5 "Merciless" was more merciful than Awakening Lunatic.

But Blazing Sword a good game nonetheless. And I'll admit the plot was better, and the difficulty was more manageable. But if you play it, you definitely should consider playing Sealed Sword afterwards.

And also, play Fire Emblem 4. And 5 and 8 and 9 and 10 and 11 and 12.
~ Taav

(12-25-2014, 09:19 PM)Bake-kujira Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 09:02 PM)Metallica Fanboy Wrote: (PS: to all who got Fire Emblem Awakening last year, Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword is on the Wii U VC now, so you folks can all play an actual Fire Emblem game this year! Okay, I'm kidding, but really, if you can withstand the inherently greater difficulty, you may enjoy it more.)

Hold your cavaliers matey, Blazing Sword was mad easy until HHM. Did you try FE:A Lunatic/Lunatic+? The only game that comes close to it in impossibility is the Japan-only FE12. Even Hard Mode 5 "Merciless" was more merciful than Awakening Lunatic.

But Blazing Sword a good game nonetheless. And I'll admit the plot was better, and the difficulty was more manageable. But if you play it, you definitely should consider playing Sealed Sword afterwards.

And also, play Fire Emblem 4. And 5 and 8 and 9 and 10 and 11 and 12.
I know, but think in terms of people who haven't played games where there is no Casual Mode, or grinding DLC, or broken pair-up mechanics, or skills with ridic high activation rates (or, as far as Blazing Sword goes, skills at all, bar Lethality). Lyn's story alone sounds like hell when put it all together.

And yes, FE6 is also great, provided you can speak Japanese or find a translation guide/patch that doesn't suck roe. FE4 and FE5 and FE12 likewise. And then all the others between 7 and 11 have no such problems. And either way, everyone should play them all.
Well, this might be a bit late, but I feel like sharing it regardless.

I finally got Smash for the WiiU. I was going to buy it myself, but my mum told me she would buy it so the whole family will play it and it won't just be mine. She ended up giving it to just me anyway, however, since I was the only one who really wanted it.

I also got a lot of things for my guitars! My electric has been leaning against the wall for ages, so I finally got a stand for it, and I've been playing it without an amp, so I got one of those! I totally underestimated how great an electric guitar can sound while plugged in.

I also got ten dollars, which I'm going to use for the Mario Kart 8 DLCs. Can you blame me?
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]