New Beginnings
Quote:OOC: I'll go to the caves, searching for wild Pokémon. Can I change areas later?

Javier had never been on his own in unfamiliar territory. The first time he was out on a route, he was with his parents. Now he was just alone, with his Pokémon, of course.

He entered the caverns. He looked around, steeling himself in case any wild Pokémon jumped out.
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

OOC: You will be allowed to switch areas whenever you want.

The first steps echoed deep into the caverns, and the more bashful Pokemon all hid away. This little Pokemon, however, approached you with an open smile. How will you respond to this little guy?

[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 18/18 [Pickup]
Instinctively, Javier reached for the first Poké Ball on his belt. Hurling the spherical capsule into the air, it let out Gulliver with a loud ping.

"Gulliver, Tackle!" he commanded.

The Spraylet sprung out of the ball rearing for battle and almost immediately went in to strike his tackle. Taking the hit, the wild Dustley shook itself off before striking its own tackle.

Gulliver used Tackle!
Dustley used Tackle!

[5] [sp=m] [sp=spraylet] 20/24 [Torrent]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 13/18 [Pickup]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
"Follow up with Tackle, Gulliver!" Javier told his Spraylet. He couldn't believe he was in a battle all by himself, in the middle of a cave.

The two Pokemon continued to run into each other, knocking each other back. After a while, the dustley seemed to look tired. Perhaps it was down soon.

[5] [sp=m] [sp=spraylet] 16/24 [Torrent]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 7/18 [Pickup]
"Use Tackle once more!" Javier ordered Gulliver. The Spraylet shrieked as it could see that the Dustley was tired at this point.

With a few more traded tackles, the two Pokémon finished their turns once more, with Gulliver awaiting his next order, if there were to be any. The Dustley was weak and tired, unable to continue battling for much longer.

[5] [sp=m] [sp=spraylet] 12/24 [Torrent]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 1/18 [Pickup]
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Javier smirked. He looked at the weary Dustley, and absentmindedly searched his bag for a Poké Ball. He threw the capture device at the dust bunny, crossing his fingers.

The Poké Ball soared through the air, soon finding itself capturing the Dustley. It shook slightly, but contained the creature securely inside.

Congratulations, you caught a Dustley!
Would you like to give her a nickname?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

OOC: I'd like another 'mon please! :)

Picking up the spherical capture device, Javier blew on it as to get rid of all the dust. "I'll call you Dusty!" he said, grinning. Gulliver let out another happy shriek, whose echoes filled the cave.

Most of the wild Pokemon hid from your presence, but this little guy braved up and approached you.

[3] [sp=f] [sp=paras] 17/17 [Dry Skin]
OOC: I don't know how to write this to get a nice RP thing out of it, but I'll send out Khione, switch out to Dusty and then use Tackle.

OOC: What you're doing here is called bait-and-switching, and if you're doing that then you can't attack, sorry.

[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 15/18 [Pickup]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=paras] 17/17 [Dry Skin]

Khione quickly appeared and disappeared from the battlefield, so Paras's Scratch instead struck your new Dustley.
OOC: Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

After successfully assuring Khione some experience, Javier contemplated the mushroom crab, although he had only one move to choose from. "Dusty, use Tackle!"

Dusty wasted no time in charging headlong towards the Paras, sending it skidding in a head-on collision. Although she tried to get back in time to evade the Paras's attack, she failed to evade taking a Scratch to the face.

[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 12/18 [Pickup]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=paras] 13/17 [Dry Skin]

"Tackle, again!" Javier said enthusiastically.

Once more the two Pokemon exchanged attacks, the dustley a little faster than the paras.

[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 9/18 [Pickup]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=paras] 9/17 [Dry Skin]

OOC: Tackle again

Again, Dustley struck with a Tackle, and was met in return by Scratch.

Dustley used Tackle!
Paras used Scratch!

[3] [sp=f] [sp=dustley] 6/18 [Pickup]
[3] [sp=f] [sp=paras] 5/17 [Dry Skin]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]