Let's Play Pokemon Turquoise Version Part 3: Steeling Myself For The Rest Of The Game
"Not quite the dimension I had in mind...," the doctor said to himself. The battle was over, since the doctor sent out no new Pokemon.

After a while, nobody battled Mortimer. It would seem that he was feeling better, so the hospital staff let him out. Because of the way the bill went, his time in the hospital was practically for free; however, later on there would be a tax which would go back to Mortimer's hometown that would be the compensation for staying at the hospital for so long. The political dynamics of New Logora's health care notwithstanding, Mortimer was in a chipper mood as soon as he went out.

Since there was not a whole lot of other stuff to do, Mortimer looked around for food. The day he got out of the hospital, his stomach was grumbling and he was hungry.

OOC: I wouldn't mind another trainer. The Versorecto Gym has Level 13 Steel-types, right? I should probably ensure my Wyrmal is Level 13 before doing it.
There was a food stand somewhere on the street, and the wafting scent of new bread was delightful. Perhaps the baker saw Mortimer eyeing the stand tastefully, because she waved him over. However, eye-contact between two Trainers can only mean one thing...

"Here is deal," the baker said. She had a very heavy Kalossian accent. "You look hungry, so I give you food. You don't pay; if you win battle. Okay?" However, the baker didn't wait for an answer before grasping a Poké Ball from her belt. The leather strip was wrapped around her waist tightly, and her pudgy stomach overflowed on top. Nothing about the woman was attractive; even her Poké Ball was filthy. Perhaps this wasn't the best place to eat after all... Oh, but the scent of bread was a strong reminder that perhaps it was...

"Let us battle, no?" the baker said, and sent her first Pokémon onto the field.

[9][sp=female][sp=petilil]35/35 [OWN TEMPO]
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
"Sure, I can battle," Mortimer shrugged, "If it means free bread, then of course I'm gonna battle." He then sent out his Acafia, Cairne.

"Alright Cairne. Now would be a good time to use a Horn Attack, if you can handle it," Mortimer proclaimed upon seeing Cairne's horns and getting an idea.
Cairne gave Mortimer a dry look, as if to say, "Of course I can handle it." Then he charged, hooves flying like bullets, and smashed into Petilil with unrivaled force. The Petilil clamped onto the Acafia's head and began draining its life-energy, but not for very long before Cairne swung its neck in one mighty motion, Petilil sailing from it.

[10] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 39/41 [Overgrow]
[9][sp=female][sp=petilil]26/35 [OWN TEMPO]
"Hm," Mortimer thought for a few seconds, "Another Horn Attack will suffice, Cairne. It seems like you're doing a good job."
The horn attack inflicted a lot of damage on the small monster. It was not much the opponent could do. Finally, Baker's Pokemon grew a bit to increase her attack powers.

[10] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 39/41 [Overgrow]
[9][sp=female][sp=petilil]15/35 [OWN TEMPO] [Attack +1] [Sp. Atk +1]
"Another Horn Attack, Cairne!," Mortimer cheered his Acafia on, thinking it would help him.
Cairne snorted and pawed the ground for a moment before charging again, horns lowered. The petilil went flying with the force of another horn attack, and Cairne danced away again, obviously in high spirits. The petilil's absorb attack hardly put a dent in his mood, and he barely flinched as his opponent pulled several brilliant-green globes of energy out of his body and absorbed them.

Cairne used horn attack!

The foe's Petilil used absorb! It's not very effective. Cairne's health was drained!

[10] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 36/41 [Overgrow]
[9][sp=female][sp=petilil]6/35 [Own Tempo] [Attack +1] [Sp. Atk +1] [HP +1]
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
"Good job, Cairne!," Mortimer continued encouragement, "Another Horn Attack ought to finish the Petilil off!"
Another horn attack was indeed enough to send the petilil packing, another sweep of Cairne's head tossing her away into a dejected heap. The baker frowned as she recalled her fallen pokemon, but she wasn't out of the match yet. "Ha! Nice work! But are you prepared to face... this?"

A mefflora appeared on the far side of the battlefield, blinking up at Mortimer and Cairne with a puzzled expression her face.

Cairne used horn attack! Petilil fainted!

Cairne gained 68% EXP! Cairne grew to level 11!

[11] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 39/44 [Overgrow]
[9][sp=female][sp=petilil]0/35 [Own Tempo] [Attack +1] [Sp. Atk +1] [HP +1]
[8][sp=female][sp=mefflora]33/33 [Natural Cure]
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
"Nice job, Cairne!," Mortimer cheered his Acafia on, "Let's use a Horn Attack on whatever 'mon this is!"
Showing no mercy, Cairne charged forth with his horns ready to pierce whatever opponent stood in front of them. The baker panicked at the thought of his second comrade falling so soon, blurting out a useless command such as "Use absorb, Meffy!" The Mefflora took a heavy hit from the charging calf, and could do little but sap a small amount of energy from the attacker.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 38/44 [Overgrow]
[8][sp=female][sp=mefflora]20/33 [Natural Cure] [+1 HP]
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

"Good job, Cairne! Another Horn Attack!," Mortimer loudly requested.
[11] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 37/44 [Overgrow]
[8][sp=female][sp=mefflora] 7/33 [Natural Cure] [+1 HP]

Horn Attack struck for powerful damage, hurting the mefflora almost to the point of fainting. The absorb Mefflora used was rather pathetic.
[Image: Ventus_Signature_by_Zierou.jpg]
[Image: OrangeIslandsSig_zps426f040b.png]
"Alright, Cairne!," Mortimer cheered on, "One more, and I guess we get free bread!"
The free bread would have been nice, but the baker seemed to be more worried about tending to the puncture wounds on his Pokémon. He did hand over some cash that Mortimer could probably get bread with, though!

Cairne gained 40% EXP!
Mortimer received 170P for winning!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Mortimer bought some bread, and continued along. He would require much more training before either of his Pokemon would be able to take on the Gym, and he sought out for more trainers while sharing his bread with both of his Pokemon.
A most peculiar rival met you next.

[Image: 682.gif]

"Er, hello, my name is Mr... Smearley. Yes, Mr. Smearley. I'd wouldn't not like to not commence battle with you, yes?"

He sent a Smeargle onto the field. It looked strangely like its Trainer... It made a barking sound.

"Quiet, I say, you slave. You know where insubordination gets you."

Mysterious Man Smearley would like to battle!
Mysterious Man Smearley sent out Smeargle!

[9] [sp=female] [sp=smeargle] 37/37 [TECHNICIAN]
OOC: Man, it's... been a while. I don't know if I'll RP but I'll try to give being here a shot again.

Malygos uses Bite.
OOC: Welcome back, I suppose? : )

“You know what to use, slave!” the mysterious man called out.

The Smeargle took his tail and attempted to Sketch something in the air in front of Malygos, but the ink splattered on the ground and faded away. It seemed to have done nothing. In contrast, Malygos rushed forward in a coil, using his jaws to chomp down on the normal type pokemon.

Smeargle used Sketch! It failed. . .
Malygos used Bite! (-4 HP)

[7][sp=male][sp=wyrmal] 29/29 [Magma Armor]
[9][sp=female][sp=smeargle] 33/37 [Technician]