Let's Play Pokemon Turquoise Version Part 3: Steeling Myself For The Rest Of The Game
"One last Bite ought to do it," Mortimer shrugged. The Nurse seemed to be underestimating his tactical potential, or else she probably would have sent Pokemon more the Pokemon trainer's speed. Then again, Nurse Fumiko did not exactly know Moritmer's team's playstyle, so her underestimations were justified in a sense.

Mortimer did scratch his head afterward, if only because he wondered how long he would still be in the hospital. With a bad hand and his nearly risking getting drowned, he did not feel too thrilled about his journey already.
Malygos's Bite downed the useless dolphin.

Malygos gained 40 exp. points!
You got 120P for winning!
"Not a bad battle," the Nurse sighed.

Mortimer left. He felt like he could handle the Versorecto City Gym, but he would still have to be in the hospital for another week. He decided that, since he was still in the hospital courtyard, he would attempt to train more via communicating with other patients and battling them.
As it turns out, one of the other patients there was also training for the Gym! He thought it would be a good idea to battle each other to see how ready you both were.

[Image: 196.png]
Backpacker Kyle would like to battle!
Backpacker Kyle sent out Crocoal!

[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 27/27 [Blaze]
"Yo, you wanna battle?," a Backpacker asked.

Mortimer shrugged, as he turned to face the Backpacker, "Sure."

Malygos still stood forth in pride, while the Backpacker sent out a Crocoal. Mortimer scratched his head, wondering if Crocoal and the other starter Pokemon were more common than he imagined. Perhaps they got the starters from other townes? It was difficult for Mortimer to grasp how these allegedly "rare" Pokemon were given out so handily.

Mortimer decided to suggest an attack, "Malygos, how about a Wrap?"
Wyrmal coiled itself around the Crocoal, inflicting only minute damage. The Crocoal retaliated with a Tackle.

[6] [sp=m] [sp=wyrmal] 21/26 [Magma Armor]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 26/27 [Blaze]
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
"Alright, Mal," Mortimer said, "Now's your chance to Bite!"
Whilst remaining wrapped around the Crocoal, Malygos managed to Bite it quite effectively. That didn't stop Tackle, however.

Malygos used Bite!
The foe's Crocoal used Tackle!
The foe's Crocoal is hurt by Wrap!

[6] [sp=m] [sp=wyrmal] 16/26 [Magma Armor]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 20/27 [Blaze]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
"Wrap again, Malygos!," Mortimer insisted.
Malygos slackened his grip momentarily, only to instantly Wrap around Crocoal once more. THe hyena struggled, but succeeded to Tackle your Wyrmal.

Malygos used Wrap!
The foe's Crocoal used Tackle!
The foe's Crocoal is hurt by Wrap!

[6] [sp=m] [sp=wyrmal] 11/26 [Magma Armor]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 17/27 [Blaze]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
At this point, it would be wise to withdraw Malygos in exchange for Cairne to come in and intervene. That's exactly what Mortimer did. Afterward, Mortimer issued a command to his Acafia.

"Alright, Acafia. Let's Tackle!"
In comparison to Cairne, the opposing starter Pokémon was significantly weaker, in health and in strength. The two traded tackles, but it was clear who was performing better.

[7] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 28/32 [Overgrow]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 12/27 [Blaze]
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

"Another Tackle, Cairne!," Mortimer insisted.
Cairne started off this time, getting a running start to his attack. Bluntly, he crashed into the Crocoal with a thud! The hyena was ever so close to being knocked unconscious, but held on for a return tackle that all but left a small mark on Mortimer's tough Acafia.

[7] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 24/32 [Overgrow]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 6/27 [Blaze]
Pokémon Turquoise

"Hm, one last Tackle ought to do it!," Mortimer finalized his decision after a few seconds of thought.
One last tackle was all that was needed to finish of the opposing starter Pokémon. At long last, Kyle sent out his second Pokémon, a black and yellow colored wolf cub Pokémon.

Cairne gained 32% exp!
Cairne grew to level 8!
Malygos gained 38% exp!

[8] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 27/35 [Overgrow]
[6][sp=m][sp=crocoal] 0/27 [Blaze]
Next:
[7][sp=m][sp=lamlie] 29/29 [Tough Hide]
Pokémon Turquoise

Kyle showed his second Pokemon, a yellow-and-black cub.

"Will teases me, but you don't see me forfeiting upon losing one Pokemon," Kyle muttered to himself.

Mortimer would've questioned Kyle, but he focused himself on the battle at hand, "Use Razor Leaf, Cairne!"
Knowing he was at a disadvantage, Kyle went on the offensive, ordering Lamlie to use a swift Tackle on Cairne. The Acafia didn't seem all to bothered, however, and retaliated with a critical Razor Leaf, immediately putting Lamlie out of commission.

Cairne gained 66 exp. points!
Mortimer got 130P for winning!

[8] [sp=m] [sp=acafia] 22/35 [Overgrow]
[7][sp=m][sp=lamlie] 0/29 [Tough Hide]
OOC: I'm not sure if my next trainer should be a Retsupurae fan like me, or not.
OOC: Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that myself, so you'll have to make of this guy what you will.

Policeman River would like to battle!
[Image: policeman.png]
River sent out Kiblis!
[6] [sp=f][sp=kiblis] 25/25 [Synchronize]
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design