New Logora Q&A
Hey, everybody! In part because it's taking longer than I was hoping to finish up some additional information and in part because it just seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm opening the floor for questions about the New Logora region! Want to know more about that Ferdinand Bonaventura guy? Not sure about a certain pokémon's origins, or curious about the history of a certain location? Why does Casey have a soccer field in his gym, anyway? Ask me! This should hopefully be useful for those of you trying to plan out your RP storylines as well as satisfy some general curiosity. RPG-related questions are obviously ideal, but if it's even tangentially related to New Logora and it's not obnoxious then I'll probably answer it!

Obviously I can't reveal anything too spoilery—let it be known now that "Are the Revivalists actually evil?" or anything I deem a variant thereof will be answered solely with an entirely unhelpful interrobang and/or snarky/irrelevant reaction gif. Additionally, keep in mind that there are still some details that aren't fully fleshed out yet and so can't be explained at this point in time. I'll do my best to answer any other reasonable questions you've got, however! (Heck, trying to come up with answers to your questions will likely help me brainstorm some new ideas to fix up the holes!)
[Image: sig.gif]
Somehow when I first saw this I misread it as being a thread for asking New Logoran characters questions and was all, "Man, how can it seem like a good idea to give me an opportunity to harass all of the NPC's?" But this suits nearly as well. I have loads of questions, of course:

About what percentage of New Logora's population is descended from the Tanoby?

Treg's an insurance salesman, yes? Life insurance?

What's New Logora's relationship with the canon regions? My impression is that it's kind of far away and considered a bit backwater, but I'm not sure.

New Logora supposedly has no significant "team" activity going on at the moment. Did it in the past?

Are the unown generally antagonistic towards the Revivalists' projects, or is the fact that they seem to always be causing trouble in job board missions just a function of "I need a pokémon to be causing trouble here?"

How long have the Revivalists been around?

Does New Logora have a flag or seal or something? What's it look like?

Treg, Gadari, Naritanu, etc.--the group featured in "Help Wanted"--are they part of the Revivalists' upper leadership, or is somebody else in charge? If the latter, who?

Monica's gym is new... whose is it replacing? Or is the league so new that there simply wasn't a gym leader in her place before? What did Monica do before becoming a gym leader?

Where does New Logora's storyline take place with respect to the game storyline?

That should be enough to start with, I think...
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
If there were more information on who was available to harass and what about, mostly so I knew I could answer adequately, I wouldn't be averse to that!

1. These days... I'd average it out to maybe 40%-ish that might consider themselves at least 1/4 Tanoby. I don't have a good bead on the overall population of the region at this point, though, so 40% out of what I couldn't say.

2. Life insurance, yeah. He's an underwriter, though, not a salesman.

3. New Logora and the rest of the Zencalian Confederation are very far away from most of the canon regions; dunno if I'd quite say "backwater", but Unova this ain't, no. Assuming the Pokémon world is similar to our Earth but with some landmasses/countries shuffled around and reshaped a little, ZC is in the mid-Atlantic Ocean, closer to North and South America than to Europe and Africa; New Logora itself is maybe roughly the same latitude Cuba or maybe Haiti is now, I think was my latest decision on this? Maybe a little further south, or maybe I'm pretending Cuba and Haiti and those other islands are shifted from where they are in real life in whatever nebulous way is convenient for me. But yeah, in the Atlantic, technically part of the Americas I guess. (The Confederation and its regions are not based on any real locations, so they would be additional landmasses that don't exist at all on our map.)

4. None that I was planning on, no.

5. The unown usually keep to themselves outright; it's likely we're only seeing a bunch of apparently ornery ones because of the increased level of Revivalist activity. Quite a few of the Revivalists have their own unown that, at least for now, haven't been giving them any especial trouble, so it's not like all the unown are out to get them. Yet. Or if that's even what the unown are actually doing. Inscrutable eyeball alphabet soup, etc., etc.. That said, the unown are also there for gameplay purposes, since eventually I'd like there to be some halfway-interesting things players could do with them and I wanted a few to be catchable early on.

6. The wikis are acting up right now and I can't double-check the years I gave in the New Logora intro, but if I'm remembering correctly... the tiny group that would eventually become the Revivalists formed pretty much around the same time as the "Tanoby Exodus" the wiki mentions, which was maybe 2000-ish years ago?

7. I have been wanting to do flags and stuff for all of Zencalia ever since I made a silly Tumblr comment about the Parade of Nations last year, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm sure there is a flag, although the "country" flag proper would be the Confederation's, not New Logora's.

8. Treg, Gadari, Naritanu, Liruda, Professor Taxus and Evten Vargas are the leaders of the Revivalists. No one is ranked above them.

9. I think it says somewhere or other that Monica stepped up after Etaoin City's gym leader retired, or if it doesn't say that directly then it was supposed to, oops. At any rate, the previous gym leader was a man named Landon Belmont who specialized in ground-types. He's still around; he just retired from gym leading to pursue other activities. You'll be meeting him eventually!

The NLL has been around for sixty years (the ZCL as a whole is seventy), so while it is younger than the Indigo League and what have you it certainly isn't that new.

10. As of right now the storyline takes place in roughly the same year as the events of Black and White; BW2 hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't lean too heavily on that timeframe in your roleplaying at this point, though; that date is mostly because Black and White were the most recent games when I finally started hammering out these kinds of details, although it's also in part because I was working with a specific headcanon gap between Gens IV and V (~five years) that let me build a few minor relationships with some other canon stuff. I'm currently in the process of reevaluating all this and whether said minor relationships are actually necessary, or at least whether the five years really makes a difference. But for now, yeah, BW-ish.
(10-08-2013, 09:51 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: 1. These days... I'd average it out to maybe 40%-ish that might consider themselves at least 1/4 Tanoby. I don't have a good bead on the overall population of the region at this point, though, so 40% out of what I couldn't say.

Oh wow, that's way more than I was expecting. I was thinking it would be more like 10% or less, similar to modern-day Maya. I thought the Tanoby all kind of left during the Exodus thing? But a bunch of them... came back?

I guess that's kind of what I was trying to get at with asking whether the region was a backwater... not so much is it far away from the canon regions, but how much contact do it have with them? With that size of a native-descended population I'd expect immigration to not be all that high (but then I'm hardly a demographer, so maybe I'm just wrong about that). I guess I just wanted a sense of how NL was supposed to be positioned in relation to the other canon regions--is it an important importer/exporter of some useful "thing," and that's its primary means of doing business with everybody else? Is it a great vacation spot people from other regions love to visit? I'm guessing the league isn't a huge draw, since iirc from ZC it's Accolanto's that's considered the most legit...

Quote:2. Life insurance, yeah. He's an underwriter, though, not a salesman.

Treg, you're adorable. Why is your natu so freaking powerful? >|

Quote:6. The wikis are acting up right now and I can't double-check the years I gave in the New Logora intro, but if I'm remembering correctly... the tiny group that would eventually become the Revivalists formed pretty much around the same time as the "Tanoby Exodus" the wiki mentions, which was maybe 2000-ish years ago?

Ah, okay. So they must have accumulated some pretty cool stuff over the years--all kinds of old artifacts, probably even from some the old time of prosperity, right? Is there, like, a secret Revivalist library where they have all these super-old texts they've preserved and you can't find anywhere else? (I may be getting entirely too much of a Krakenist vibe from these guys...)

Have they pretty much been under the radar until recently, or have they had a prominent role in regional politics and so forth in the past? Evten's only been mentioned in passing, but he's a politician, no?

Quote:9. I think it says somewhere or other that Monica stepped up after Etaoin City's gym leader retired, or if it doesn't say that directly then it was supposed to, oops. At any rate, the previous gym leader was a man named Landon Belmont who specialized in ground-types. He's still around; he just retired from gym leading to pursue other activities. You'll be meeting him eventually!

Ah, okay. It probably *does* say that somewhere and I just forgot. :P But anyway, I don't know if it was an intentional dodge or you just forgot, but you didn't say what Monica was up to before she became a gym leader...

So how big are the Revivalists, then? They must be a fairly large organization if they're anything like effective at keeping people out of their various historical sites and whatnot, and since there's such a large number of Tanoby-descended people around, I imagine a lot of people would be sympathetic to their cause... but the way their organization's been described so far it sounds, if anything, kind of shabby, like they have to put out fliers to recruit wandering trainers to their cause because they don't have enough hands on deck right now? (And apparently no budget?)

What does the league think of the Revivalists? iirc none of the gym leaders are actually members, are they?

What about the mysterious Elite Four? Are they supposed to be mysterious at this point, or have you just not hammered out their info yet?
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

(10-08-2013, 11:22 PM)Negrek Wrote: Oh wow, that's way more than I was expecting. I was thinking it would be more like 10% or less, similar to modern-day Maya. I thought the Tanoby all kind of left during the Exodus thing? But a bunch of them... came back?

I guess that's kind of what I was trying to get at with asking whether the region was a backwater... not so much is it far away from the canon regions, but how much contact do it have with them? With that size of a native-descended population I'd expect immigration to not be all that high (but then I'm hardly a demographer, so maybe I'm just wrong about that). I guess I just wanted a sense of how NL was supposed to be positioned in relation to the other canon regions--is it an important importer/exporter of some useful "thing," and that's its primary means of doing business with everybody else? Is it a great vacation spot people from other regions love to visit? I'm guessing the league isn't a huge draw, since iirc from ZC it's Accolanto's that's considered the most legit...

Aaaaand this is what I meant about questions helping me shore things up. TBQH that figure was off the top of my head; I'm hardly a demographer either and I'll admit I haven't done a ton of research into this area (and again, it doesn't help that I don't know the total population), so if that number is that far off of what's actually reasonable then that's my mistake. It is definitely more than 10%, though.

That said, it doesn't have a ton of contact or special trade with Kanto or anything, but it interacts regularly with the rest of ZC and probably with Central America and the southeastern US. DiCE is a massive company with branches all over Zencalia and probably elsewhere, so if nothing else NL would be dealing in a lot of the sparkly special pokémon products it puts out. It's a fair enough vacation spot, probably a few nice beaches here and there, what you'd expect from a developed island nation in that part of the world, really. Definitely popular with history buffs and researchers, and I'm sure that at least Ambalchi Temple is a fascinating enough sight to draw tourist crowds on its own.

Accolanto doesn't have all the same fancy legendaries and related shenanigans the other ZC regions do, so it's mostly pretty boring there! There's basically nothing to do but punch other people's pokémon, so they've gotten pretty good at it.

Quote:Treg, you're adorable. Why is your natu so freaking powerful? >|

Honestly I'm not seeing it as that strong.

Quote:Ah, okay. So they must have accumulated some pretty cool stuff over the years--all kinds of old artifacts, probably even from some the old time of prosperity, right? Is there, like, a secret Revivalist library where they have all these super-old texts they've preserved and you can't find anywhere else? (I may be getting entirely too much of a Krakenist vibe from these guys...)

Have they pretty much been under the radar until recently, or have they had a prominent role in regional politics and so forth in the past? Evten's only been mentioned in passing, but he's a politician, no?

Not sure I know who the Krakenists are, sorry. Original old texts might be stored somewhere safe, but Tanoby history in general is just as free for everyone to learn about as, say, ancient Egypt, so copies of most of the major stuff could be found at the regular public library, university collections or on the internet. That would include most known "secret mystical texts", at least if you knew where to look. The Revivalists probably maintain some collections of interesting old artifacts, but I actually don't think there are a lot of Revivalist documents specifically. Most wouldn't be very interesting even if so, because so little actually happened in that span of time. Treg or Gadari or whoever it was wasn't kidding when they said they were only just on the verge of a proper breakthrough.

Their influence in politics has varied over the years but in general has been small to negligible to nope, mostly because, again, they've been unable to find or do anything particularly significant until very recently and they didn't see the need for a ton of government support for their dusty old research.

Evten is the Lieutenant Governor of the region. And also a woman. ;)

Quote:Ah, okay. It probably *does* say that somewhere and I just forgot. :P But anyway, I don't know if it was an intentional dodge or you just forgot, but you didn't say what Monica was up to before she became a gym leader...

Neither. I don't know. Something totally inoffensive and not at all fantastically greedy, I'm sure.

Quote:So how big are the Revivalists, then? They must be a fairly large organization if they're anything like effective at keeping people out of their various historical sites and whatnot, and since there's such a large number of Tanoby-descended people around, I imagine a lot of people would be sympathetic to their cause... but the way their organization's been described so far it sounds, if anything, kind of shabby, like they have to put out fliers to recruit wandering trainers to their cause because they don't have enough hands on deck right now? (And apparently no budget?)

Current membership proper is probably somewhere around a few hundred people total (not all of whom are going to be crawling around in the badlands looking for pottery), although the actual protected areas (as opposed to nebulous general boundaries for game purposes) are not as big or hard to police as you're possibly imagining them to be. Incidents have happened, sure, but the shrine areas especially aren't generally difficult to chase people away from at all. And the shrines would be about all that attracts any serious attention due to the shiny evolutions that happen there, really. Most people are at least vaguely aware of the Revivalists and that they want to wake some legendary pokémon up from something or other, but progress has been slow and tedious and the group has been pretty quiet for most of its history; they don't want to write checks they can't cash, so to speak. Trying to be super-organized and super-busy and send a lot of people out to do stuff is a relatively recent thing, and the few-hundred-strong membership is fairly new, too, probably only reaching that size in the last few decades or so. It really was a very, very small group most of the time.

Shabby is a fair term to use for the current situation, although now that they are actively fishing for outside assistance they'd hope to move on from that and get a little more organized and productive.

Also, you're assuming they'd need people or those people's trained pokémon actively doing something/leaving something in place to protect them all the time. The Revivalists aren't the only people who get harassed by unown and other such mysterious things. :)

Quote:What does the league think of the Revivalists? iirc none of the gym leaders are actually members, are they?

Beck is a Revivalist, although he's the only one in the current roster of gym leaders/elites (there might be a few board members or something, idk). At present the league doesn't especially care about them any more or less than anyone else does, although there were some shenanigans in the league's early history over having Victory Road run through Alniraz—one of the early chairmen or something was Tanoby and thought it would be badass, and then was actually surprised when the majority of his people were all "...wait what no >|". Not sure exactly how they managed to placate most of the opposed, but it involved removing and/or cordoning off all the really important artifacts and areas so no one's drasarkr would Godzilla priceless pieces of history, and having both league- and Tanoby/Revivalist-appointed guards patrolling the ruins to put a stop to any blatant Godzillaing that might occur anyway. There are actually quite a few Tanoby who still aren't happy about this, but we're talking Tanoby people in general and not specifically the Revivalists.

Quote:What about the mysterious Elite Four? Are they supposed to be mysterious at this point, or have you just not hammered out their info yet?

The only reason the E4 topic isn't up is because I haven't hammered out how the challenge itself works; it's nothing to do with the characters themselves. Siegfried and Martin are already out in the wild, as is Voltaire (kind of); Fiorella is technically a member of the Elite Four but will be stepping down shortly to make room for someone new (the sidequest will still be there, just edited). So that's only Daphne and Sierra who haven't been properly introduced, and again that's just a logistics thing rather than a character thing or a ~*~mystery~*~.

Yes, I am aware that Martin's thread doesn't specifically call him out as being an elite; don't remember whether Siegfried's, Voltaire's or Fiorella's do (not that it matters in Fiorella's case). The character page(s) would have made it clear enough, but, well. Well. :|

I'm kind of tired and I'm sure I didn't answer these as coherently as I could have, but eh, there you go for now. tl;dr the Revivalists were boring for 2000 years and they're only just now starting to be interesting, and yes, this sudden interest is causing growing pains and all kinds of logistical problems. With the possible exception of some of the protection work, it is not a tightly-run ship at all.
Is New Logora based on any real-world location(s); I know all the current canon regions are.
I know my (very slowly moving) fakemon project is.
I remember seeing an old thread asking about a map and a reply stating a new one is being worked on to replace an outdated one. Are there any copies of the Old One (or is the new map coming along?) because I am rather confused as to the visual geography of New Logora.
Thanks!
-Gastly

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
Neither New Logora nor any of the other regions in the country it's part of are based on real-world locations. (Or, well, Accolanto and Calivera kind of sort of are, technically, but they don't really count.)

I just posted the old version of the map in the "Where are you going?" thread, but I can repost it here as well.

Quote:There was a map of the region, but it's kind of outdated at this point and I haven't had a chance to fix it yet which is why it's not visible anywhere. That said, I suppose the only major difference is that the old version contains a few routes that have since been removed, so it works well enough in the meantime:

[Image: dlph.png]

A is Brol, B is Kronea, C is Tilnen (C1 Tilcho, C2 Nendal), D is Xybryle, E is Krtuso and F is Adar Zilira. The numbers are all the towns and routes in the order they appear in in the forums with a few extras (so Leddin Town is 1, Route 600 is 2, 3 in the middle is Dingbat Cave, etc.). The problem is that the routes labeled 6, 25 and 45 on this map were cut from the region and everything else was renumbered to fit, and there may have been additional small changes that I don't remember. Still, all of the cities and towns and major landmarks are in roughly the right place, so until I can get around to fixing it properly it's here if anyone needs it.
(10-09-2013, 12:32 AM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Aaaaand this is what I meant about questions helping me shore things up. TBQH that figure was off the top of my head; I'm hardly a demographer either and I'll admit I haven't done a ton of research into this area (and again, it doesn't help that I don't know the total population), so if that number is that far off of what's actually reasonable then that's my mistake. It is definitely more than 10%, though.

Well, if you want it to be 40%, I'm sure you could construct a story to get it there, it just wasn't consistent with the one I'd built up in my head. I was seeing them as being like the Maya specifically, where you first have a population collapse, and then you end up getting mopped up by the conquistadores when they arrive. If you imagine that first contact between the remains of the Tanoby in NL was more amicable than "we're a bunch of Spanish jerks who want to kill you for your gold", then perhaps you wouldn't have such a steep population decline. On the other hand, there's the problem of infectious disease, which you'd get pretty much whenever you had first contact between two previously isolated populations, and that actually accounted for a lot of the devastation that native populations experienced in the Americas and elsewhere...

Quote:Honestly I'm not seeing it as that strong.

Well, I was referring mostly to this comment with that:

(07-03-2013, 05:30 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: (Treg's is going to be capable of a bit more than most people's for a number of reasons so his isn't the best example to go by...

Reasons???

Quote:Not sure I know who the Krakenists are, sorry.

They're a fictional (one hopes) cult who worships the Kraken. Lovely bunch of people outside of their desire to bring about the cephalopod apocalypse.

But overall I was thinking of them as being a bit more cult-y than you intended. (Making all your cool historical info available to the public, pfff. Amateurs.) Although from what you've been saying in this thread they now sound very explicitly not-evil (I mean, they might be accidentally working towards an evil end, but I'm not seeing a ton of wiggle room for the actual organization to be malevolent)...

Quote:The Revivalists aren't the only people who get harassed by unown and other such mysterious things. :)

Dangit, I can't tell if that's a "look how mysterious I'm being" smiley or a "way to miss the completely obvious" smiley.

Quote:At present the league doesn't especially care about them any more or less than anyone else does, although there were some shenanigans in the league's early history over having Victory Road run through Alniraz—one of the early chairmen or something was Tanoby and thought it would be badass, and then was actually surprised when the majority of his people were all "...wait what no >|".

Excellent mental image of some dude being like, "Guys, guys! What if we... put it through Alniraz instead??? ...why are you all looking at me like that?"

Quote:I'm kind of tired and I'm sure I didn't answer these as coherently as I could have, but eh, there you go for now. tl;dr the Revivalists were boring for 2000 years and they're only just now starting to be interesting, and yes, this sudden interest is causing growing pains and all kinds of logistical problems. With the possible exception of some of the protection work, it is not a tightly-run ship at all.

Nah, you've done a great job explaining things! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions, and let me know if I'm badgering you with too many or anything. Mostly I'm just pleased that it sounds like your vision of the region is pretty well in line with how I'd been picturing it, except that apparently the Revivalists are way more boring than I was thinking, geez, guys, get with the program already.

But here are some more if you're interested:

Are there any sort of "lineages" within the descendants of the Tanoby... like, are there any families that claim they're descended from pre-Exodus royalty or similar?

Are there Tanoby-descended people still living in Johto, Hoenn, etc--other places where there are ruins? Or did they all vanish/die out?

How the heck did the ancient Tanoby make it all the way over to Johto if it's essentially on the other side of the world? Are there other settlements in the lands between NL and Johto (e.g. in central America), as you would kind of expect if they passed through those lands on their way towards the canon regions? (Err, I'm working off the canon regions being Japan-area... guess you didn't explicitly say that, just that they're pretty far away.)

So in addition to the useless dangerous interesting pokémon items Connor sells, does he also stock, say, the fantastically practical and not even remotely unsafe inventions of Dr. Kaminko? Jack seriously needs to be able to find a place where she can buy some shuckle shoes and chill out already. you know you want to

knuckle crack, bringin' this back

(10-09-2013, 10:08 PM)Negrek Wrote: Well, if you want it to be 40%, I'm sure you could construct a story to get it there, it just wasn't consistent with the one I'd built up in my head. I was seeing them as being like the Maya specifically, where you first have a population collapse, and then you end up getting mopped up by the conquistadores when they arrive. If you imagine that first contact between the remains of the Tanoby in NL was more amicable than "we're a bunch of Spanish jerks who want to kill you for your gold", then perhaps you wouldn't have such a steep population decline. On the other hand, there's the problem of infectious disease, which you'd get pretty much whenever you had first contact between two previously isolated populations, and that actually accounted for a lot of the devastation that native populations experienced in the Americas and elsewhere...

Nah, it was more an off-the-top-of-the-head number than an actual "want"; I just shouldn't have answered the question that way if I wasn't sure.

There isn't really much in the way of gold here (well... no, no, not here), nor was the civilization really much to speak of at the time of the conquistadors, so I feel like Poké-Cortes and his people would've lost interest beyond the initial half-resisted attempts to claim the place in the name of Spain; not a whole lot here to start a fight over at the time after everything went to crap however many years before. Disease would've been an issue, though, yes.

Quote:Well, I was referring mostly to this comment with that:

(07-03-2013, 05:30 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: (Treg's is going to be capable of a bit more than most people's for a number of reasons so his isn't the best example to go by...

Reasons???

If anything that was just a cop-out explanation as to why players could not use teleport on the field at the time (as opposed to the current "whoops turns out it's p. much pointless with this game setup" explanation). A natu can teleport you just about any distance in the games, so it can do the same thing here...? You're reading too much into it.

Quote:But here are some more if you're interested:

Are there any sort of "lineages" within the descendants of the Tanoby... like, are there any families that claim they're descended from pre-Exodus royalty or similar?

Yes, not that it really means much to most people outside the Revivalists. Even then most of them are probably all "shrug, that's nice but we're a democracy now, pretty sure that wouldn't change even if we succeeded? sooooo..."

Quote:Are there Tanoby-descended people still living in Johto, Hoenn, etc--other places where there are ruins? Or did they all vanish/die out?

There are probably at least a few people with some Tanoby blood in those other places, but not enough to be noticeable and very few would attach any significance to it if they even knew. They more or less completely assimilated with the natives, or possibly were conquered and forced to assimilate or something.

Quote:How the heck did the ancient Tanoby make it all the way over to Johto if it's essentially on the other side of the world? Are there other settlements in the lands between NL and Johto (e.g. in central America), as you would kind of expect if they passed through those lands on their way towards the canon regions? (Err, I'm working off the canon regions being Japan-area... guess you didn't explicitly say that, just that they're pretty far away.)

Magic. There are probably a few former settlements in other places. Some of these would be "between" the Poké-Mid-Atlantic and Poké-Japan; some of them are elsewhere. Because magic.

Current headcanon is that the first chunk of canon regions are on their own islands/landmasses somewhere between Japan and Hawaii, but still with a lot of ethnically Japanese people (as one would expect, given Hawaii's the same way and it's further off than this place would be).

Quote:So in addition to the useless dangerous interesting pokémon items Connor sells, does he also stock, say, the fantastically practical and not even remotely unsafe inventions of Dr. Kaminko? Jack seriously needs to be able to find a place where she can buy some shuckle shoes and chill out already. you know you want to

Connor would be delighted to sell some of Dr. Kaminko's items if only the good doctor would export them overseas. Awfully persnickety about who has the right business acumen to distribute his fantastically practical and not even remotely unsafe inventions, Kaminko is.
Some NL culture questions for you:

Does New Logora have any local festivals or holidays that aren't celebrated in other regions?

How about food? What would you call the typical fare in the region?

And a couple questions for individual characters:

Dr. Mantell: So what's up with this thief who's been giving you trouble out at the dig site?

Liruda: What was your favorite episode of your show to film?

Martin: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen icauriole?

Martin: North or South?

Kidding, but I had to!

Ahem. Question in universe, to Gadari, how did you get the go ahead to give starters to new trainers? Most starter givers are Pokemon professors, or explicitly on behalf of a professor, so I kinda got the impression there had to be some sort of qualification involved.

And to the creators, same question. What's the out of universe, Doylist reason for Gadari not being a Pokemon professor?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Are galorindle always left hands, or can they be righties, too?

Bringing this back so some of the more recent questions can be answered. I have a burning question about Virlich. You know how Slugma in Pokemon-Amie WILL burn you like it's dex entry says it will if you try to stroke it? Well, my question is, would Virlich do the same? I know Gasvirlich's dex entry says it can control if it's flames will actually hurt someone, but does it's prevo, Virlich, have the same degree of control?
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Just few quick questions:
What was the original religion of ancient Tanoby?
What is the economy of New Logora like?
What are the most popular tourist attractions in New Logora?
What is New Logora's political split, internal politics and such things like?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Bringing this back because there are some questions here that need answering, dammit!
Is there any official design for the badges?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.