Error Reporting Topic
(09-22-2013, 02:15 AM)Negrek Wrote: Thread subscription appears to not be sending e-mails the way it should.

(09-22-2013, 11:53 AM)Chronicler Wrote: Would you be able to elaborate a little more on the specific problems you are having with it?

I've received e-mails from the subscriptions many times without problems coming up.

As someone repeatedly effected by them not working as they should; The subscription alerts seem to have a 60:40 split of sending vs. not sending. Repeatedly I have "reached 48" and come to check the site and post in 48, only to discover that I was update maybe 4 hours after my self-update.
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
I'm not seeing any errors in sending mail from the ACP end of things, so presumably the mail isn't getting bounced back; I can look deeper into things when I get home, though. In the meantime I have to ask the obvious patronizing question: you're sure the emails aren't automatically being sorted into your spam/trash folder?

Have either of you tried subscribing to other threads and seeing whether that affects anything?

Are you getting emails for other things (e.g., for PMs)? Could you try using the "Send this Thread to a Friend" link and emailing yourself through that?

I'm not currently subscribed to any active threads so I haven't noticed anything one way or the other, but I'll test it by subscribing to this one and see what happens.
[Image: sig.gif]
I've checked, the Emails go to my main inbox if they are actually sent out. This is from three active threads (my Leddin Town topic had the issue, the Mafia game had this issue, my IRP topic with Nagrek has the issue, and my main adventure thread has it).
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
(09-22-2013, 11:53 AM)Chronicler Wrote: Would you be able to elaborate a little more on the specific problems you are having with it?
I'm not receiving any e-mails regarding threads I've subscribed to. They do not go to my spam folder, and actual board e-mails go to my main inbox anyway.

I don't ordinarily subscribe to threads, but decided to give it a shot because a couple members (kitsune_xiii and either TheMusicMan or Angel Knight Phil, forget which) had mentioned they weren't getting their subscription notifications. So, I tried subscribing to one yesterday and didn't receive a notification about it. I tried subscribing to another just now and also didn't receive a notification for that. I've subscribed to this thread, too, so I'll see if I get an e-mail after I post this. (Edit: Nope)

However, I did do the "E-mail Thread to a Friend" thing to send five threads to myself, and those all went through; I also briefly turned on e-mail PM notifications and PM'd myself five times--got all those, too.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
So far I've received notifications for this thread just fine (albeit delayed, but that was Google's fault). I'll keep looking into the issue in my spare time; nothing particularly useful has turned up in searching so far, though. It seems odd that this would be user-specific, but so far it looks like it is. Huh.

In the future I'm planning to try out a plugin that should offer on-board notification alerts along the lines of IPB's, but I won't be able to get to that too soon for a number of reasons. In the meantime, those of you who are relying on email notifications can try searching for some browser plugins that track page changes and alert you when they're updated. I know at least a few exist for Firefox and Chrome, although I don't remember what they are off the top of my head. I believe you just enter the URL of the page you want to track and tell it how often it should crawl the page for changed content, and then it should notify you some way or other when something like a new post happens. You'll probably have to change the tracked URL each time your thread grows another page, though.

I haven't actually tried those myself so I'm not sure how well they'd work, but I remember looking at them back when we were still on ZetaBoards (since that has no useful notifications at all) and thinking it looked interesting, so they're worth a shot, I guess.
Is the Zanthera sprite showing up weird for anyone else here?
[sp=zanthera]

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but more me, only the top 15-20ish pixels are showing for it.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Nope, works fine for me.
Gahh, stupid cache. Refreshed it with ctrl+f5 and it's working properly now, heh.

Thanks Eonrider, just had to check that it was just my comp and not everyone's! ^^
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

I'm looking through the pokedex, wondering who to hunt for. If I spy anymore errors, I'll probably just edit this post. x3

Error 1 (very minor): In Pandive/Osgrave's [Other Moves] list, it has a Spraylet only move, Whirlwind, but it is also missing Spraylet's Brine, which neither get. As stated, very minor. I'm just being picky. x3
That's not an error, actually—the Other Moves list only includes moves that can only be obtained from a prior evolution or some other special source. Brine is a TM, so pandive and osgrave don't need to have learned the move as a spraylet to have it.
That would make sense. And as you can tell, I haven't added anything else. :\ You guys didn't leave me many errors to find, if any. You're all far too thorough. x3
On the subject of Other Moves, Jackravage has After You in both Tutor Moves and Other Moves.
Thanks, it's fixed now.
The thread subscription issue is worsening. Rapidly.
I don't know if it's because of the move or if it's just me, but it looks like the type images in the wiki are just displaying a broken image. I go into a Pokémon's page, and where the type should be are just one or two broken images. It's happened on all the Pokémon I've checked so far.
It's because of the move. Due to some kludginess in the way the type images are set up, those particular images have filenames that start in caps (e.g. Firedex.png or whatever it is), and apparently the server move decided it doesn't like that and would rather they be in lower case. I'm planning on going through and changing them to lower case (which does work, see the move pages) as I move forward with the Gen VI edits, although I'll see if I can't do something about it sooner.
I'm guessing at least one of Angel's pokémon is supposed to learn Frostbite at each challenge level....
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Fixed.
I'm not quite sure if this is an error or if it was changed and just not changed all the way through.... or something.. Anyway, I was looking through the wiki pokedex and became confused with both Zangoose's and Rasqueon's pages. They are put as being in a specific Route, but on the forum neither one of them is on that list if you go look at the respective Noticeboard... Is that an error?
(12-20-2013, 05:11 PM)Kaelyn Wrote: I'm not quite sure if this is an error or if it was changed and just not changed all the way through.... or something.. Anyway, I was looking through the wiki pokedex and became confused with both Zangoose's and Rasqueon's pages. They are put as being in a specific Route, but on the forum neither one of them is on that list if you go look at the respective Noticeboard... Is that an error?

Like it says in the dex, Zangoose is found in both Route 611/612, and as for Rasqwhatever, it is found in route 608, but only at level 30 and up. Good luck getting one. x3