Poll: Summer 2015 Nominees
This poll is closed.
A Small Part of The Journey. . .and an Ocean to Quell. (Kaelyn)
42.86%
3 42.86%
The Revivalist Conpiracy--Plenty of Paras and a Politician's Parcel (KathiraNarae)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Remnants of a Lost Heart (Taav)
0%
0 0%
Act I, Scene I: Oshiete (Dazel)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RP Seasonal - Winter/Spring 2015
uhhh okay

I'm assuming these will classify as items if I don't use them immediately? If so, I'll take a Referral Voucher Thingy™. If not, I'll take a basket of berries and gems.
For the Summer nominations, I'd like to put up Kyurem's thread, #NoDingbatCave. It's short as of this writing and by no means finished, but it's hilarious with all the ridiculousness in it. I can't help but laugh and try to understand what's going on with the strange writing style that has been going on and the way the mods have responded to it. :3

It's a witty (in my opinion) and odd way of writing an rp that I've never seen. I will enjoy reading what Kyurem comes up with next. ^^
I second Kaelyn's post. MrKyurem either has no idea what a fourth wall is or deliberately went out of his way to utterly demolish it as fast as he could. And not only that but the mods have ACTUALLY RUN WITH IT! The thread is made of 90% hilarity, 9% awesome, and 1% jumping up and down on misspellings, like the rest of his entire adventure. I don't watch other people's threads...except MyKyurem's. Just give him his prize already.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(06-25-2014, 04:05 AM)KathiraNarae Wrote: I second Kaelyn's post. MrKyurem either has no idea what a fourth wall is or deliberately went out of his way to utterly demolish it as fast as he could. And not only that but the mods have ACTUALLY RUN WITH IT! The thread is made of 90% hilarity, 9% awesome, and 1% jumping up and down on misspellings, like the rest of his entire adventure. I don't watch other people's threads...except MyKyurem's. Just give him his prize already.
well i sort of won in the spring seasonal so yeah
Nah, I mean give you your prize for summer too. And autumn. And winter. Let's just say you won Turquoise.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
The time for nominations is diminishing quickly, hurry up and make your nominations everyone!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

I'd like to nominate Kaelyn's thread, Unknown: A Dream or Otherwise? for the Summer Seasonals. The amount of writing here is ridiculous, and even if it was awful (which it isn't; it's really quite good and I recommend it), that sheer amount of text alone is worth serious props. This whole thread is just amazing and deserves to win something.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
Second to Dazel (Nova), I'd like to nominate Negrek's event thread, A Total Lack of Standards, as funny as the continuation is, I can't help but go over the first post and read it again for my enjoyment. It truly is a read. Negrek writes in such a way with the IRP stuff that I almost feel like I'm there with Negrek's character, getting splashed by water, yelling at Sard, etc. Negrek responds to the updates, in-character, in an amazing way, I think. I just really enjoy reading it over again. ^^

Also, I'd like to nominate Dazel's event thread. Catacomb Because, Repel spray cans. That post was hilarious and the rest was just as good. And funny. Dazel just has a nice and interesting story here for the event. ^^
OKAY. LET'S DO THIS.

I wanted to add a couple of other quick nominations before putting up the voting thread, so here we go:

Metallica Fanboy's The Cowate Kid - Most of Metallica Fanboy's threads are a study in genre, with each one being different. From a rival battle written out like an epic poem to a Shrdlu investigation straight out of a pulp mystery, he's shown ability in a wide range of styles. This one, a kung-fu parody, is my personal favorite, but any of this threads are worth a read for some fresh, light-hearted fun.

BlackInfinityEE129's Chapter 1: Leddin Town - BlackInfinity hasn't gotten terribly far in their journey yet, but they've already done a wonderful job of characterizing Abysis and his rival. Their starting thread is a lovely read that gets a lot done in a small amount of space; definitely a journey to watch.

At this point I don't think we're going to get any more nominations, so I'm going to go ahead and make the poll. The poll will remain open until October 31st, and winners will be announced November 1st. Thank you for your patience, and good luck to all the nominees!
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
OhgodIcan'tdecide! Mr Kyurem's always funny, his threads fantastic to read, and so on, but I really enjoyed 'Total Lack of Standards' as well. I don't normally read anyone else's threads except Kyu's but Negrek actually managed to get me to read his in that instance.

I think I'll vote Negrek this time. I can vote Kyu in Autumn.
And the winner of the 2014 summer seasonal is Kaelyn! Congratulations, Kaelyn, and feel to pick out your prize anytime. Thanks to everyone who participated in the nominations and voting--I think this was our biggest turnout yet in terms of votes, which is great.

At this point I think I'm just going to call off the fall seasonal this year. That will give us a little break before nominations for the winter seasonal begin in December. Until then, keep an eye out for interesting journeys you'd like to nominate.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Congratulations, Kaelyn! Looking forward to the Winter Nominations, I should expect to see some brilliant threads by then. Great work to everyone else who was nominated and didn't win; you all are the very best Turquoise had to offer, this season.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
You were included in that list, ya know, Dazel. lol. Also, thank-you Negrek and Dazel, and if the prizes remain the same on the first post, I'd like to have the 25% Discount coupon for the Move Tutor. Yep, Orchestra called it. xD
Hey, hey, hey.. I don't want to double post, but I feel as if nothing would be noticed if I edited my previous post. Is the next Nominations thing still running? If so, I'd like to nominate an Event thread, if that's possible:

Issac's (Bake-kujira) A Fairly Scary Christmas here, is nothing but rhymes! That takes quite some ingenuity from both sides. x3
In just before this thing actually gets started, here to nom Allegro: Move Along, nothing to 'Sea' Here. Never did I expect a teenage backtalk gag to blossom into a beautiful friendship, but here we are.
I'm going to be combining the Winter/Spring seasonal, and extending the deadline for nominations until June 14th at 11:59PM (Eastern Time).
Make sure to get your nominations in quick! I'm hoping to get this thing back on track for the Summer nominations to be available from the latter half of June until the end of August.

Thanks!
~Chron
Pokémon Turquoise

I would nominate myself, but I'm too good for that. Yes... *Hides ballot box filled with my name* Yessssss.

I'll kick things off and nominate Baked Taavtato's christmas thread, because he and all the mods that worked on it made it freaking rhyme from start to finish >.> Every one of them deserve some major kudos.

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=1079
Too lazy to pretty the link up >.>;
Haha looks like Kaelyn beat you to the punch with that one, but I guess that must mean it's extra good!
Pokémon Turquoise

Just give Bake the win. I just read that thread and it really is amazing. Even almost all the OOC boxes rhymed!
So, uhh, poll is up until June 23rd. There are only two topics that were nominated, so be sure to read 'em carefully before casting your vote and starting figuring out who you plan on nominating for the Summer Seasonal. :P
Pokémon Turquoise