Poll: Summer 2015 Nominees
This poll is closed.
A Small Part of The Journey. . .and an Ocean to Quell. (Kaelyn)
42.86%
3 42.86%
The Revivalist Conpiracy--Plenty of Paras and a Politician's Parcel (KathiraNarae)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Remnants of a Lost Heart (Taav)
0%
0 0%
Act I, Scene I: Oshiete (Dazel)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RP Seasonal - Winter/Spring 2015
Hey you, remember that topic that we read in Szlazan City that knocked our socks off!? It was made by What's-His-Face! I really think he deserves something for that topic, it was down right incredible! But what might he be able to get for it?

If you haven't figured it out yet, the point of this topic is to show your appreciation of the amazing writing that is undergone here at Pokémon Turquoise. The way this'll work is you have the entirety of a three-month period (minus the final week) to nominate any thread for the Seasonal RP Award, discounting your own threads. After nominating said thread, simply wait until the last week of the month, during which time a poll will be introduced where you can vote for any nominated thread. And after the results come in, we have our Seasonal RP winner! Just post here with a link to a thread that you think deserves to win, and if you'd like to, you can post a small excerpt on why you think the thread and author(s) deserve to win.

Note: You are limited to nominating three different topics per season.

Summer 2015 Nominations Wrote:None Yet!

Seasonal Winners: Wrote:Summer 2013 (June-July-Aug) - [04045-81-6325] Interview with Jacquelyn Grimshaw - Written by Negrek - Nominated by pumpkinking0192
Fall 2013 (Sep-Oct-Nov) - Let's Play Pokemon Turquoise Version Part 3: Steeling Myself For The Rest Of The Game - Written by E-102 - Nominated by Gastly
Winter 2013 (Dec-Jan-Feb) - New Beginnings? - Written by Kaelyn - Nominated by Chronicler
Spring 2014 (March-April-May) - Caves - Zubats = Route 600 - Written by MrKyurem - Nominated by Sardonic Nova
Summer 2014 (June-July-Aug) - Fall 2014 (Sep-Oct-Nov) - Unknown: a Dream or Otherwise? - Written by Kaelyn - Nominated by Dazel
Winter 2014 (Dec-Jan-Feb) - Spring 2015 (March-April-May) - A Fairly Scary Christmas - Written by Taav - Nominated by Kaelyn
Summer 2015 (June-July-Aug) - A Small Part of The Journey. . .and an Ocean to Quell. (Kaelyn) - Written by Kaelyn - Nominated by Taav

Note: Since IRP topics will have more than one author, each author is awarded a prize.

Thank you all for participating, and good luck!
The Turquoise Staff
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work, but it appears to be that nominations are made on a post or thread that has already received at least one rep point (and isn't yours), and then rather than voting, you simply count rep points on the nominated posts/threads at the end of the month. At that point, why not simply make it "at the end of each month, the RP thread/post/whatever with the most reputation points (from that month) wins a prize?" Right now the nomination step looks pretty superfluous to me. It might be different if you had a load of different posts/threads getting rep every month, but that isn't the case and isn't likely to be soon, or possibly ever.

tbh I think a monthly thing won't work too well here, at least at this point; even significantly larger boards that hold yearly contests often don't see more than five to ten nominations in a category for things like this. You run into the problem that the RP moves relatively slowly; a thread can easily take a week or so, for example, and those that involve significant RP and are therefore more likely to win this kind of thing move even slower. That means there's a small number of eligible candidates per month to begin with, and given that we currently don't have a ton of members, there's even fewer things eligible for nomination. The low number of eligibles also means it's fairly easy to run into a case of "person X wins every time," which is both boring and discourages a diversity of participation, because what even is the point if person X is just going to win again? I'm sure if you wanted to showcase RP threads/posts, you could find someone who could give you one or two per month that were worth checking out--but one or two nominations per category doesn't make for much of a contest or otherwise vote-worthy "thing."
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Thank you for your thoughts on the matter, Negrek.

And to everyone else, the main post has been changed to describe the challenge anew.
Pokémon Turquoise

How many nominations are we permitted to make?
(And I'm obviously assuming that we can't nominate ourselves)

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
Updated this topic with an answer to your question, akg377. We appreciate your patience, and your thought on the matter, as it helped in structuring the system even more. And feel free to make your nominations now. ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise

I think some people are struggling a bit to get a real storyline behind the RPG (me included), but this one was quite good:
http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.p...227&page=4

Formerly akg377

Negrek's topics are always fun to read. I'll nominate this one in particular since it's more writing-heavy instead of having battle commands abbreviated.
[Image: c1.png]
(07-29-2013, 02:20 PM)pumpkinking0192 Wrote: [url=http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=321]

If I like that thread, I don't have to re-nominate it again, do I? Because it is really good.

Formerly akg377

Nope, it only takes one nomination from one member for a thread to be nominated. When it comes to voting time however, you'll be able to vote for it if you wanted to.
Pokémon Turquoise

Just a notice: Today and tomorrow and the last days available for nominating threads before the polls are put up. Hurry and get your nominations in!
Pokémon Turquoise

My second nomination:
http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=362
More fleshed out than 95% of the threads I read. (Okay, it's not novel-worthy, but most threads are just one-word 'Tackle's. Or perhaps I'm not digging deep enough)

By the way, are IRPs allowed to be nominated? Because, by definition, they tend to be far more detailed - kinda the point of the RP Seasonal, I know, but I'm just checking.

Formerly akg377

Oh, and by which timezone is the deadline?

Formerly akg377

IRP topics can be nominated. I'm assuming Chron plans to end this by midnight EST (GMT -5). And next time, I'd appreciate it if you could edit your second question into your previous post if no one else has answered you yet. Cuts down on unnecessary extra posts. :)
[Image: sig.gif]
(08-23-2013, 08:57 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: ...edit your second question into your previous post if no one else has answered you yet.

Yeah, sure that's fine.

Okay, so here goes my last submission: http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=290
Quite a good one.

Formerly akg377

The polls are now open for the Summer RP Seasonal winner(s) to be chosen! Be sure to read all of the nominated entries and choose your favorite one! The poll will end 7 days from now!
Pokémon Turquoise

A little late on this announcement, but the clear winner of this Summer's RP Seasonal is Negrek!

Congratulations, and you may pick from the list of prizes provided whenever you are ready, Negrek. =)

Everyone's nomination counts are reset now, so you may once more submit 3 nominations from now until the end of November, at which time we will once again vote a new RP Seasonal Winner. Good luck!
Pokémon Turquoise

Ah, thank you to the people who nominated me, and the people who voted for me. All... three of you. Hoping to see more nominations and votes for the next round! Should have some nominations myself next time, at the least; wanted to add some this time, but I was away when they were due.

Welp, can't actually use 2/3 of the prizes at this point, so the choice is clear! I'll take a ground gem, an electric gem, a lum berry, and a jaboca berry. I've gone ahead and added them to my profile.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
(09-07-2013, 01:32 AM)Negrek Wrote: Ah, thank you to the people who nominated me, and the people who voted for me. All... three of you.

Haha! You're most welcome.

(09-07-2013, 01:32 AM)Negrek Wrote: Hoping to see more nominations and votes for the next round! Should have some nominations myself next time, at the least; wanted to add some this time, but I was away when they were due.

Yeah, but you're very right. Only me and one other nominated anything, so it was kinda weak. But at least now we've got all the way to the end of NOVEMBER to figure out and nominate the entrants.

I think though, there is a slight lack of publicity on the event, and also that not many people go snooping around reading other people's threads; they're more interested/caught up in their own. I myself am also guilty of that.

I would've expected Moderators like you (unless they had a reason - like you) to be able to scratch up a couple they wanted to nominate - they go through other posts as their job on the forum! Although, I understand that many of them are busy.

Of course, many people also struggle to actually write anything other than just battle commands, fleshing a story into it is kinda hard when all you really mean to say is 'Tackle!'. I'm trying to improve on that.

Anyway, with that ramble being said, I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for some really quality posts!

[sp=paras]
(because Paras)

EDIT 27/10/2013
Well... This has been inactive, so much so I'm having to edit my own post from a month and a half ago. Anywho...
I quite like the actual written thought put into this one. http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=529 Well written by both the mods and E-102

Formerly akg377

It's the last week of November, and as such we would post a poll, but only a single topic was nominated this month! So by default, I'm going to go ahead and say congratulations to E-102 for winning the Fall edition of RP Seasonal. You may now make other nominations for the Winter months.

E-102, be sure to post here stating what prize you'd like, and congratulations again! ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise

Hm. I guess a prize would be sufficient. I wonder if a Genesect is an unrealistic idea, and if that is I'm willing to get a Move Tutor coupon. 25% discount seems really good for getting my tanky 'mons the moves they need.