Sprites
I'm try to post a sprite for the make your own gym thread but my sprites aren't showing up. I don't know if it's my computer so if it is just my computer messing up please tell me. If not the code for the image below that I'm using (without brackets) is sp=wartortle
[sp=wartortle]
From a glance at the other posts in that thread (by hitting the "reply" button to see their raw code), everyone else is using [img][/img] tags with an external image URL instead of [sp=whatever].

From the tagged "Sprite BBCode" thread in this subforum:
(04-19-2013, 03:10 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: At this time the priority is to implement pokémon and fakemon that are included in the RPG; there is no guarantee that others will be usable with this BBCode. The remaining canon pokémon and any new fakemon that are added will be uploaded as needed. If you need to display an image for a pokémon that is not yet uploaded, please use [img] tags and the URL to a sprite/image that it's okay to hotlink to.
[Image: c1.png]
Thank you, didn't catch that part of the sprite page, kind of skimmed it.
In this vein, I'm just curious--are the shiny sprites of canon fakemon (shiny zangoose, seviper, etc) all made in-house, then? Because dang, I can see how it would be quite the undertaking to get together the resources for doing sprites of all the pokémon if so.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Only the ones we can't find shiny art for already. Moving forward anything that doesn't already have shiny art will probably just go without until it's specifically needed (e.g. someone down the line catches a shiny pidgey somehow). We may also end up asking the community to try their hand at some as a low-key extra project, but yeah, it's enough work and a low enough priority that we're just not bothering for the time being.
[Image: sig.gif]
(06-27-2013, 01:22 PM)Daggerstorm Wrote: make your own gym thread

Sorry to revive a topic, but which thread is this?

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
ALSO, are Shinies incorporated into TTRP? And if so how is it decided whether or not we encounter one?
Thanks.
-akg377

Formerly akg377

(08-16-2013, 03:08 AM)akg377 Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 01:22 PM)Daggerstorm Wrote: make your own gym thread

Sorry to revive a topic, but which thread is this?

In the pokemon center there is a thread where we make fun gyms if you want to try just follow the instructions in the first post, they explain everything.
[Image: 21.jpg]
(08-16-2013, 03:11 AM)akg377 Wrote: ALSO, are Shinies incorporated into TTRP? And if so how is it decided whether or not we encounter one?
Thanks.
-akg377
Shinies are available in the usual way, i.e. they can be found on some small percentage of wild pokémon. Whether or not the pokémon you encounter is shiny is randomized the same as its other aspects at the time of encounter.

It is somewhat easier to find a shiny here than it is in the actual games, but nevertheless I would expect no more than maybe one or two to show up per year at this point.
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

So each time a moderator chooses a Pokemon for you to battle, they use a random generator (I presume) to see if it'll be a shiny?

Formerly akg377

Yes

Ah, okay. Thanks!
By the way, seeing as you're online, could you please update my adventure; at Falantr Docks?

Formerly akg377

Nope, sorry. Busy.

(08-17-2013, 04:02 AM)Negrek Wrote: Nope, sorry. Busy.

Okay, that's fine.

Formerly akg377

In the future, this isn't the place to ask. If it's been 48 hours, we have the Update Required thread; if it hasn't been 48 hours, we'd actually prefer you didn't ask for personal updates at all. The mods will take care of everyone/everyone in an area at once when they get around to it, which should hopefully be at least once a day.
[Image: sig.gif]