The Daily Talk
Hahha! Maybe your parents miss you being a kid where they could get you to do the chores just because they said so? XD I don't know about your childhood, Kath, but I had to do chores on the farm whenever I wasn't in school, doing homework, or... (watching tv... x3) I fed the cows, fed the dog and the cats, gathered the chicken eggs from the coop and washed those. I did the dishes half the time with my sister and "helped" fold the laundry. Lots of stuff. x3

There was a time when I did the laundry because of the rule: If you find money when you are doing the laundry, it's yours. Well, that one time I did the laundry, I put put them in the washing machine, got them in the dryer, and then started folding them. Here's the thing: I found a twenty dollar bill in my sister's back pocket on one of her pairs of jeans. I ran around the house, being the excited little kid I was (I think I was 9, or something... maybe 8?). . . . . . . and my father promptly told me to hand it back to her. . . . >.>" Of course, I made a giant stink about it and complained, but that was the end of that. x3

Anyway, let's see.. book, haven't had much time to read much of anything in the last couple of. . ahem. . . a couple of years. . because of school, and not really having much time. If I recall correctly, the last book I was reading was a book I borrowed from someone else while we were downrange. . . the Wheel of Time series I think it was? That was. . . actually in 2012-2013, lol.

Uhh. . movies. . . Haven't much been to the movies lately. I couldn't tell you. I think I saw HTTYD2 when it first came out? Can't remember when that was exactly, though. ^^()

My weekend was filled with Clac, Calc, and more Calc homework, plus some other stuff. I'm busy with school this whole week, of course, and. . . I'll be going to see my sister about 5 hours north of where we live and bringing her back down for the 4th of July weekend and my father's birthday. ^^

Also, seriously, Kath and Inquisitor. You guys are making me laugh so much about your posting spree war. XD
Hey! It's vacation! Summer, free time, doing whatever you want, going on road trips and whatnot, tourism, gaming, cheerfullness, sunshine, other stuff! Hooray! No. Summer Project.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
WAR! WAR! WAR!

Even when I was a kid and was told to do chores, I'd do everything I could to get out of them!

@Kaeyln: That second paragraph...I hate it when people in general are hypocritical but parents seem to be the worst for it. The rule only applies when it has negative consequences for the child, rather than bringing some semblance of fairness into the world and teaching the kid that people - especially those in authority - can, in fact, be trusted. Quite the opposite, really. I freely admit that my parents never did that - Mum was lied to by her family her entire life so she made it a point to never lie to me, not even white lies - but still...I could rant for hours.

@Inqui: What's your summer project? Also, how old are you, exactly?
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
That's pretty funny, Kath. I did, however, get some sort of small money reward for doing all of my chores. I can't quite remember the amount, of course. I obtained more money from my report cards and other things from school than I did doing stuff at home. x3

And I think that was just my dad being my dad. . . still don't know why he did that, but, *shrugs* oh well. x3

Also, I'd like to know how old Inquisitor is as well. >3 I've got a pair of katanas at home we could play with. lol (or maybe, I think one is a katana and the other a wakizashi, since one's shorter than the other. . . .)
Kath, the subject of the project is apparently to make a video titled: "How to cheat human mind"

Also: I'm 15, thank you both.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Summer holidays are only a thing if you ask your boss for some of your days off, and then it's not much when you're working. School holidays are awesome, cherish them while you can. No summer project will give you as much work as a 9-5 job.

Also, what? "How to cheat human mind"...surely you have an actual brief.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I'm doing pretty dang great over here. As some of you saw me briefly mention in the Hurrah thread, I finally received my black belt on Sunday after nearly 8 and a half years of karate training. It was a pretty nerve wracking experience at first, but that quickly gave way to boredom as I waited for the sixty-something other people also attempting the grading to take their turn doing techniques. Boredom gave way to pure unadulterated joy when my number was called among those who passed.

It was especially poignant for me as the man who trained me in karate for over 7 years suddenly died due to suicide May last year. When that happened I promised I'd get my black belt for him. I am nothing if not a man of my word, so here I am just over a year later with the black belt, and I even managed to do it in Japan, the birthplace of Karate.

Also feel free to give me a call whenever Kathira starts acting up, I'll take care of it.
Congrats, Eonrider! That's pretty sick. (Albeit only the first level of black belt, correct? You still have further certifications beyond that?)

Alas, I'll be working all summer, and unfortunately I've let stuff pile up such that it's going to be a pretty unpleasant couple of weeks... month... two months. But I'm taking a long weekend over the 4th to visit a friend who lives in DC, which should be sweet. It looks like it's predicted to rain basically the entire time, but we're going to watch the fireworks on the mall anyway, dammit. Then the next weekend is the Magic: Origins prerelease.

The weather's been great, and summer's my favorite season, so I've been enjoying myself and acting superbly unproductive despite the pressure.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Yeah, it's only the first level black belt. I think there are five levels in total before you hit the honorary ranks. My old sensei was on his 7th black belt when he died, one of three or four outside Japan, and my sensei in Japan is on his 8th. The highest anyone's ever had is 10th, and that's only been awarded to the founder of my style.

While I'd like to keep going and get more ranks, I don't know how reasonable that his because I'm changing cities for uni next year and there are no dojos of my style there, sadly.
**Bump**

Heya guys! How are you lately? What's going on in your lives? Please share with me because I care :P

I've personally been attempting to get a new job as of lately, as many on the Discord server will know. Going to a 3rd interview on the 11th, so I'll be sure to provide an update with how that goes. Other than that, been making plans to visit Peru for vacation next May. It looks beautiful, so I'm really excited to experience a lot of the culture there!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

I'm also looking for a new job, though my circumstances are different in that I'm a recent college grad going through a bit of quarter-life crisis, and also probably an identity crisis too. It's difficult for me to get along with my family members in spite of their attempts to support me, so for that and other reasons I'm looking to relocate from suburb life to the city.

Progress is slow and I really don't feel hopeful for the future right now. but I'm doing what I can to stay somewhat positive. It'd really help me out if I had some idea of what I wanted to do and some idea of how to get there. Honestly, I already miss school and would go back if it were financially mentally and academically feasible. But in truth, I'm a broke, unstable college grad who barely even made it.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.