The Daily Talk
School's out for the week, finally. My aunt is moving in today, too.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
GUYS I turn fourteen in four days, this is weird. I feel like I'm older than that, though; I can drive a stick shift and I have to shave, shouldn't I be sixteen already?
Happy early birthday... Qval- I mean Majora!

Ugh... Exams exams exams... I just got back my Physics exam, which I took on 0 hours of sleep (literally)... and I actually didn't do too bad on it. I had a Linear Algebra exam yesterday that was a piece of cake (gluten free, of course), and tomorrow is dooms day: Optimization. No time to rest this week.

What's everyone else up to?
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I just finished school for the day! I'm going to do a few things for Boy Scouts if I can think of anything that I can do, and then I'm off to making this painful CSS guide that will never be finished, I swear.
I am currently aspiring to attempt Sugimori-style and Dream World Pokemon. The former will be difficult for me, whilst the latter will be easy as I have been able to create a style similar to that without even trying. Let's hope I succeed.

Also, am trying to revamp some old art and create some Fakemon/fursona designs. Just a lots of stuff going on in general.

(02-26-2014, 12:59 PM)Majora Wrote: I just finished school for the day! I'm going to do a few things for Boy Scouts if I can think of anything that I can do, and then I'm off to making this painful CSS guide that will never be finished, I swear.
CSS guide, eh? I'll keep my eyes peeled on that. :3
(02-27-2014, 11:18 AM)Arylett Wrote: I am currently aspiring to attempt Sugimori-style and Dream World Pokemon. The former will be difficult for me, whilst the latter will be easy as I have been able to create a style similar to that without even trying. Let's hope I succeed.
This is actually a really fun style to do! It doesn't even feel like work, whereas imitating some other styles really does.

(02-27-2014, 11:18 AM)Arylett Wrote: Also, am trying to revamp some old art and create some Fakemon/fursona designs. Just a lots of stuff going on in general.
Good luck with that! I'd love to see these when they're done!

(02-27-2014, 11:18 AM)Arylett Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 12:59 PM)Majora Wrote: I just finished school for the day! I'm going to do a few things for Boy Scouts if I can think of anything that I can do, and then I'm off to making this painful CSS guide that will never be finished, I swear.
CSS guide, eh? I'll keep my eyes peeled on that. :3
Alright! I'll tell you when it's finished (if that bloody day ever comes).

(02-26-2014, 12:53 PM)Isaac Wrote: Happy early birthday... Qval- I mean Majora!
Thank you! Three more days, eep!
So how has everyone been?
Wonderful, now that exams are over.

My roommate, some friends and I went to the movie theatre last night to see the Lego movie. I personally liked it; it was hilarious at times but also had a good story to go along with it. In other news, I finished watching Steins Gate, which was amazing... one of my favorite shows of all time as of now.

School's going well so far. I really hope my Optimization exam turns out okay... I'd hate to have a bad grade on my first test. Physics and Linear Algebra were easy exams, and my programming class hasn't had an exam (I'm not sure if there will be exams at all). I really need straight A's this semester, so I can't afford to screw things up.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

~Bump

I'm doing well. Trying my best to keep on track with work, school, and this ol' place. Classes have been pretty difficult, but I feel good about the last Circuit Test I just took, and I'm feeling decently prepared for the Mechanics of Materials test I'm taking this upcoming Thursday. I've been talking to a new lady friend too, so you can say that I've been a busy man. Hoping to take over Rush Chair for my fraternity too, which means the possibility of being a Pledgemaster come Fall 2014 (*evil laughter* *MWAUHAHAHAAH*).

But yeah, life has been getting better since the bad air that came with all of the cold in late January/early February.

In other news, I'm going to be getting an apartment with some friends on campus come August, so I'm really looking forward to that! It'll be really nice to handle my own food instead of having to deal with whatever the cafeteria makes here.

What about the rest of ya'll?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Reading through this whole thread, I realized that some of you do considerable well in the mathematics and beyond department. I think I might ask for a tutor from one of you. XD

I don't believe I have said anything, but I am also currently studying at a University for a Software Engineering degree. And I suck at math. D: I'm so horrible at it, that I have to take remedial classes now (after solely being in the workforce for a few years). Anyway, it's quite a different change of pace than I used to have, and I am finding it very difficult to do anything but sleep and study. x3

Anyway, I figured I'd post here and say something at least once. Soo...., ^^()
I'm doing... life. I'm working through a depression at the moment, which isn't made much better by the fact that I can't do anything until April. But I'll be fine, hopefully it'll just pass like the ones I've had before.

School is going decently. That said, it could be going better.

I'm beginning to get the hang of programming, and my art is getting really good. In that aspect, I'm growing.

And that's about it.
Mhmm, I've got a really big Computer Science project due after spring break that I have been procrastinating on. We're supposed to build a Scheme interpreter that is written in Scheme. Scheme is terribly annoying, and I have no idea where to even start with this project.

In other news, I'm supposed to build my dad's website finally, though he still can't find the login information for the webhost. He's paying 50 bucks a month to host an outdated website with a broken design, which is a problem since we are extremely short on money with two kids in college and enough expenses to travel to the moon and back.

And some responses:
@Chronicler: Circuits is an Electrical Engineering class, right? How is it? I have always been interested in EE, though my school does not offer engineering courses, unfortunately.

@Kaelyn: Best of luck on the Software Engineering route! Mathematics is fun too, so don't be discouraged. If you are having trouble with concepts, I might be able to link you to some good sources or answer any specifics you might have.

@Majora: I feel like I may have asked you this before, but what kind of programming are you learning? And I hope you feel better soon....
~ Taav

Wow, I guess we really do have a lot of computer people here, to speak broadly. x3

Anyway, thank-you very much Issac. I'm horrible at math, but I love everything that deals with computers, from binary code, to programming, and up. (Don't know if that makes sense to someone who actually knows what they're talking about. ^^() ) If I get frustrated too much, I'll know who I can turn to. *hugs Issac* ^^
Well, first and foremost I'd like to apologize for not being around. I'd say that school threw me off, but it's been seven weeks since I started again and I think we all know that's a really terrible excuse.

With all that said, school has been busy. While I'm not at uni yet like some of you, I am in my final year of high school. That, combined with me being in the highest class in all my subjects (okay there's only one Japanese class), results in a lot of homework. My scholarship/CIE Chem class dumps a load on me regularly, and so far there have been only two days in which my Calculus teacher hasn't given homework; one was the first day back and the second was the day we had a test.

I'm in the scholar's group at my school, and so on Thursday night we had a professional careers adviser as a guest speaker, which really helped me work out a plan for the future. I'm planning to study astronomy, a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, at a university here in NZ, and then get the careers adviser to recommend me to a uni in Arizona for a second degree. So yeah, really hoping all that works out.

In yet another topic, I'm doing an IT project for school. I have to design a solution to an IT problem. No actually making yet, though. The problem I've chosen is a calculator for Pokemon. It would be able to calculate the average amount of battles it would take for a Pokemon to reach a certain level from an initial level in a particular area. It would also include other, more generic calcs, such as damage and capture. Why am I telling you this? I need feedback, so if there's anyone interested in this, let me know and I'll go into more detail. For the record I do plan on making this eventually, whether I do it for school or not remains to be seen.

And with that text dump, you're caught up on all the significant things I've been up to.
No need to apologize, Eonrider. We all understand how life and school can throw us off here, and it's completely fine.

Especially with being in your senior year of high school, it's really important that you have your act together and get a game plan together for college, even if that means taking a bit of time off here. Your IT project sounds really interesting in any case! If you do need any feedback on it, feel free to create a topic about it somewhere here and we can help you with the best feedback we can give. :)

@Kaelyn: I'm also decently fluent in math considering I finished Calc III and Differential Equations (completing my math requirements for engineering), and can also help you if you ever need it!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

*hugs Chron too* That would be absolutely amazingly wonderful. Thank-you. ^^ My jaw dropped when I read that you had done Calc III. I only have to go to Calc II, but still..... Thank-you for the support. I don't think I could say the words thank-you enough. ^^()
I've been programming a lot! I recently wrote a kan-ban plugin for my IRC bot, and I configured a Pokédex plugin for it, too. At the moment, I'm waiting for my mom to come home (she's fixing my guitar somewhere right now), so I can go and hang out with my friend who's getting ready to move! What are you all up to?
Ugh... have I complained about Scheme here yet? Oh yeah, I have. Thought so.

Prof. Awesome extended the deadline to tomorrow since literally nobody in the class knew what they were doing and hadn't put a dent in the project. Thankfully, we had a lab day yesterday to clear up a ton of the confusing stuff, so now I am getting somewhere. And tomorrow, when it's all over, we start Java, which is going to be amazing for me since I'm already fluent from AP Computer Science in high school.

Anyways, my dad's site finally got transferred to A Small Orange, which has a $35 per year plan that they call 'tiny'. It's exactly as it sounds: you get very little for very cheap, which is nice for a small business website that might get two or three people per day. I'm rather confident I made the right choice for him, and once I have some free time, I will work on the CSS and html for the page. Should be lots of fun.

Oh and I got a Job!!! I've been applying to things left and right to no avail, but it looks like I can finally end the vicious cycle. It's an ITS job at the school's library; I have to assist people with technology - mostly software but also scanners and other appliances. I think it's a good fit for me, so I'm confident that it will be worthwhile.

Also, what are you guys planning on taking in the fall? For me:
1. Computer Organization and Assembly (Compsci)
2. Applied Theory (Compsci)
3. Quantum Physics
4. Intro to Brain and Behavior (Neuro)
5. Intro Chem

No math this semester. Oh well, I'm taking two right now and I think I should give myself a rest. My math minor will be complete as soon as I finish Differential Equations in the summer.
~ Taav

Issac, how are you taking five classes at once? 0.o I only have four and that's hard enough for me. Congrats on your job. I'm actually taking a math course over the summer to catch up, and no Fall semester for me because I have something else that has already taken that spot. I'll be taking next Spring though. ^^()
Quote:Ugh... have I complained about Scheme here yet? Oh yeah, I have. Thought so.

What have you got against parentheses? Don't you like parentheses?

Scheme's a language I've been wanting to learn for a long time, but I haven't really come across a project that I feel it's particularly suited for yet. Someday, though!

Quote:Anyways, my dad's site finally got transferred to A Small Orange, which has a $35 per year plan that they call 'tiny'.

Ha ha, that's what my web site runs on. I remember I was going on about it to somebody on these forums previously; maybe that was you. Anyway, it should be way more than enough for a small business site. My site gets a couple dozen hits a day and I'm only using like 0.01% of my resource allocation--as long as you're not trying to serve some fancy dynamic application or have a huge image gallery or something it'll do just fine.

This fall I'm going to audit a course on modeling for biology and hopefully an AI class as well. I started the AI course before and it was super-cool, buuuuut also a little early in the morning, so it sort of ended up not happening. I'll get it this time! Might be teaching again, too; we'll see how that pans out.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design