The Daily Talk
*pokes thread*

So how's everyone doing? Are my fellow US residents prepared for Thanksgiving this Thursday?

I've been swamped with work since it seems like forever, but I'm taking the entire week off for holiday and rest! I am enjoying games of Call of Duty, rampaging around on GTA V, playing massive Civ V games, browsing Reddit, and just enjoying being with my family. Can't say I haven't been wanting a good long break for a while.

I've narrowed down my college decision. I'll either be attending the University of Louisville, Eastern Kentucky University, or Appalachian State University. It has been a long way towards being this close to a decision. V___V

And we're so close to Christmas! Hooray for that!
Congrats on narrowing down the colleges Skyler! My choices were pretty much narrowed down for me. Financial aid does that. But the college I ended up at is nothing short of amazing so I'm quite happy with the way things have worked out.

I'm back home now for Thanksgiving break, and it's really odd... A lot has changed since I was gone, especially my brother. He's 11 years old, and he is now taller than me, my mother, and perhaps even my father.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

I'm finally glad for Thanksgiving break. After this, we only have a week of school and the week after that we just review for finals. My first semester in high school is almost over, thank God.

Did anyone watch the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special yesterday?
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

I've been a bit harrowed due to the rushed server move and some crunches at work, but I'm looking forward to some downtime, however brief. At this point I only have Thanksgiving itself "off", but I'll probably be home most of Tuesday as well. I got saddled with grand jury duty this term and have to miss work every Tuesday and Thursday to do that. Kinda sucks because I'm a contractor and I don't have vacation days, so any day I'm not in the office is a day I'm not earning money, but civic duty and all that, I guess. That said, grand jury stuff doesn't usually take long and the coordinator said she's going to try and keep the schedule for that day light (and of course we won't be coming in Thursday), so if she can pull that off I'll have most of the day to myself. I'm hoping I'll be able to spend it messing around with the new MacBook I'm supposed to be having delivered soonish. Please don't not leave the package on my doorstep without actually explaining why again, UPS :(

In unrelated news, totally found a shiny noctowl in X on the train to work today :D Wasn't even chaining or doing anything to make one deliberately show up—just running around in the Winding Woods before facing Wulfric, and bam! Sparklebird. Pity I'm not terribly interested in actually using a noctowl, but he's still cool. :D
[Image: sig.gif]
I went to go see the Doctor Who 50th special at the cinemas on Sunday, and boy do I not regret my decision. Loved that ending. Anyway, the school year is just about over for me, my last exam is today, so hopefully I'll soon be back to my regular level of activity here.

In other news, my Dad got me my first job! I was planning on going looking after I got done with exams, but he just came home the other day and told me. I'll be working for Coca Cola, stocking shelves at supermarkets from 6 to 9 on Sunday nights. Unfortunately I can't start until next year because I have to be 17, but that's okay since my birthday is on New Year's.
Gr, I forgot to validate my debit card and all that jazz, so I have to do that within twenty-four hours, or Scribblenauts Unlimited will cost me ten dollars extra. And we just don't want that.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
@Mohac: Make sure to get that validated then already! Nobody wants miscellaneous 10$ fees lol, they add up.

@ILS: I finally watched the 50th anniversary special, and was very satisfied with it. Won't say anything because of spoilers, but I've very excited for the future episodes. It'll be interesting to see how they play things out from here, and also to see who the next doctor will be! >.<

@Eonrider: Congrats on your first job, the spending money is usually worth it lol. And having job experience at a younger age is always good, no matter what.

As for my own story as of lately, entering my last full week of school before finals, so I'm cramming a lot but it'll be nice to have this semester be over. I'm definitely excited for next semester, considering the course load should be easier and I won't have any Friday classes! ;D
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Well, I have no idea how I would validate it; I'm basically waiting on my mom to do it because, alas, I'm a child and I'm not quite sure how to work with bank accounts yet.

In response to your other message, that's great! I can't believe people are getting done with school already, seeing as I'm still in my first semester. Geometry is terrible.
Geometry is amazing!

I guess I'm alone in that opinion - most of my friends hated high school geometry. They didn't have my geometry teacher though.
~ Taav
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]

I don't have a geometry teacher at all, which might be the root of my hate for it. I have go get all of my information from slideshow, and that's no fun.

Also, I'm taking it in eighth (?) grade, so I'd like to blame my slightly immature brain for my problems with it (even thought that's more or less unjustifiable). Yes, I have no idea what grade I'm actually in, sorry.
CHRONICLER WAT?! You saw the 50th. I am full of envy. T.T I can't seem to find it on Netflix, and have no idea where to look. (I'm in the States, maybe that's just shoddy luck on our part?)

Also reading these posts makes me feel old. You guys are still in school/just getting out, and here's my old, wrinkled butt ... Buaha!
Haha well as a sophomore in college (almost a junior credit-wise), I'd say I'm feeling a little old some days too. :P

And yeah, I actually saw it on Doctor Who Media, and I'm pretty sure all you have to do is make an account their to view it, so you can see it too! :P

Eonrider saw it in theaters, however, so I'd be more envious of him than myself, haha. :P
Pokémon Turquoise

:|
ilu
be my wifey?
*has a heart attack*

I'm ... I'm ... gonna go home, heat up my homemade salsa, and veg out to this ...
(12-02-2013, 03:18 PM)Qvalador Wrote: I don't have a geometry teacher at all, which might be the root of my hate for it. I have go get all of my information from slideshow, and that's no fun.

Also, I'm taking it in eighth (?) grade, so I'd like to blame my slightly immature brain for my problems with it (even thought that's more or less unjustifiable). Yes, I have no idea what grade I'm actually in, sorry.

Many people trip over Geometry, as it is the first brick wall that people run into when approaching real mathematics. It's an entirely different league from early algebra, especially if the course is proof-based.

But, of course, your hate for it is understandable, especially noting your circumstances. Don't worry though, there are plenty of more interesting math courses on the horizon.
~ Taav
[Image: GziDAAU.png]

I do hope that by "interesting" you actually mean "interesting." I really hate math to begin with-- I'm more of a language arts person myself-- so this is the mother of all nightmares. Fortunately my grade's been bumped up to an eighty-two (God knows why, it isn't as if I've actually improved), but that's still relatively low in comparison to my other grades.
So how is everyone? As for me I'm all done with exams for the year, and I'm leaving to go to the beach for about 10 days on Monday, spending Christmas and New Years/my birthday up there, so looking forward to that. How's everyone here preparing for Christmas, or any other seasonal holidays you celebrate?

I also went to see Desolation of Smaug a short while ago, for the public midnight premiere, and I must say I'm very impressed. The acting and scenery is great as usual, and Smaug himself is amazingly animated, the scenes with him in them are incredible, and not just because he's voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.
I'm not doing too bad, as of now. Just had a part time job interview for a teller position while at school, and it sounded pretty promising so I'm looking forward being able to rake in some cash while taking classes as well. Working and school at the same time will be a new experience for me, but I think it'll be worth it, and I'm hoping it works out well. ^_^
Pokémon Turquoise

I've been better. My friend is relapsing really badly and I've been having girl trouble (yikes) lately, but other than that I can't complain. I aced my exams, and I flew through this week since English and maths don't start again until Monday. I've also been playing a lot of Skyward Sword lately and got back into the Zelda fandom (beyond reblogging cute Link pictures on Tumblr) so yay for that.

Also, I've been drawing entries for this contest but you're not allowed to join so I have less competition. >:-I I've been writing some fanfiction lately as well (which I hope to put up soon! I've tried to slip some New Logora Pokémon in there, but it probably won't leave this forum, so don't worry about idea theft or anything).
Swamped with work but I absolutely love it. Keeps me busy and rolling. Was extremely excited to see Breaking Bad win the Golden Globe for best drama last night.
Still haven't gotten to Breaking Bad. It's on my list right have I finished Supernatural, lol. xD

Asides from that, nothing too now. Class and possibly work in the near future. That and helping out with Rush for my fraternity. This has been a decently relaxed semester so far, and I'm kind of hoping it stays this way. :P
Pokémon Turquoise