Inactive Seaside Gym
Quina eyed the city calmly, watching the shadows of the Turatal fly around over the bay. She'd finally ditched her 'rival' and had been hoping for some peace and quiet, but...

"Are all of the birds in this region noisy?" she complained, heading into the city, where the noise was considerably lessened before letting herself relax. Calmly, she set about finding the city square. There should be other 'beginner' trainers there, right? Someone to battle to train up her team, cherubi especially...
Flora was weak, couldn't attack much... she needed a way to train the little grass type.

OOC: Let's start off with a generic trainer, por favor
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
Approaching a group of kids, probably all 13-16 years old, you inquire as to whether any of them would be inclined to battle. Most of them embarrassingly admit that their parents won't let them have Pokémon yet, but one of the kids, a boy with a humongous grin on his face, starts jumping with his had in the air yelling, "Battle me, battle me, battle me! My name is Jimmy 'Two-rounds' Fulmer and I can beat anyone who challenges me in two rounds."

All of his friends started to laugh at the absurdity of the boastful comment, but Quina figured she might as well test his theory.

[3] [sp=female] [sp=kizziff] 17/17 [Infiltrator]

Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

They were a bit old to not be allowed pokemon, but maybe things were different here. Liscensing could be more complicated, or maybe the parents were strange and preferred cats and dogs to Litleos and Fennekins.
"Just two rounds, huh?" she mused, glancing at the three pokeballs she'd pulled out. "This ought to be fun." maybe it would be nice to actually have to raise a pokemon from scratch, not from an egg.

"Kizziff!" the boy called, tossing a ball out to reveal a little assassin bug like pokemon. Kizziff huh...

"Flora, lets see how you do... Tackle!" she didn't have much advantage here, but Flora needed the experience wherever she could get it.

The little Cherubi popped out of the ball in a flash of white light, a trilling sound escaping her as she landed easily.

OOC: Cherubi tackle.
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
Flora certainly went in attempting a hard-hitting tackle, but the Kizzif turned at just the right moment as to protect some of its more vital organs. In retaliation, it latched onto Flora and drained a tiny bit of HP, succeeding in nourishing itself mid-battle.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 21/24 [Chlorophyll]
[3] [sp=female] [sp=kizziff] 13/17 [Infiltrator] (+1 HP)

Pokémon Turquoise

OOC: Tackle again.

Flora lunged, the kid's pokemon shrieking slightly as it tumbled, quickly turning to bite down.

"Keep fighting, Kizziff!" Quina smiled at the order, countering with her own "tackle" and leaning back slightly to look at the boys. The trainer a small brunet, a blue cap, blue shorts, and a bright yellow t-shirt. Face soft and cherubish, starting to gain the boy-ish charm that prepubescent males tended to have. His companions dressed in slightly longer shorts, still blue, still blue caps, with red and blue t-shirts respectively.

The square rose around them, a few passer-by's stopping to enjoy the battle, some fawning over Flora, others over the boy's bug.
The boy, despite having some people admiring his bug type Pokémon, knew that he would be in trouble if the tackles kept up. For a change of pace, he called to his Kizziff to use a leer, hoping that weakening the Cherubi might make it easier to defeat in the end. Flora didn't pay much attention to the gaze, however, and tackled the bug yet again!

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 21/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)
[3] [sp=female] [sp=kizziff] 7/17 [Infiltrator]

Pokémon Turquoise

Leer... it was too late for leer to help the little bug.
"Flora, tackle again!" she urged, fingering the other pokeballs in her pocket. "So, two rounds, huh?" she added teasingly, watching the boy blush crimson as his boast from before was challenged.
The boy's cheeks went ruby red and he began to pout, trying to think of something to say back when eventually he blurted out, "Whoever said two rounds!? I said my name was Jimmy "Five-rounds" Fulmer and I'm still gonna beat your Pokémon up!"

He really started freaking out next though when his Kizziff was almost knocked out by the Cherubi's next tackle. "Kizziff, don't give up! Leech life again now!" The bug, barely hanging on to dear life, manage to recover some of its former strength by getting a desperate bite-hold on Flora and draining some of her energy.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 14/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)
[3] [sp=female] [sp=kizziff] 4/17 [Infiltrator] (+3 HP)

Pokémon Turquoise

"You said two rounds~" Quina chimed, smirking at him. "Finish it, Flora!" she urged, the cherubi cheerfully bouncing over to the Kizziff for one final attack.

OOC: Tackle
With haste and ease, Cherubi smacked into the Kizziff with a final tackled that left the bug momentarily disabled. Clearly unable to fight anymore, Jimmy drew the bug back to its pokeball and sent out his next daring fighter, a Paras with its pincers primed.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 14/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)

Flora gained a boosted 68% experience.

Next Up:
[4] [sp=female] [sp=paras] 20/20 [Dry Skin]

Pokémon Turquoise

A paras, huh? Easy enough.
But first, she had to do something about Flora's weakened state. Without any potions, that meant only one thing.
"Flora, morning sun!"

"Whu- no fair! Who said you could heal your pokemon mid battle!" Jimmy demanded

"You never said we couldn't." She replied simply, relaxing as the sea sun seemed to grow more welcoming, a faint glow around Flora as she tried to heal herself.

OOC: Morning Sun
A splendid shining glow appeared around Flora as she took in energy from the sun, promptly healing herself before Jimmy and his Pokémon could do anything. But after that, he did the only thing he could, which was have his Paras lunge forward with a readied claw.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 16/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)
[4] [sp=female] [sp=paras] 20/20 [Dry Skin]

Pokémon Turquoise

The glow faded and Quina relaxed slightly. Wonderful, Flora hadn't taken much damage from the scratch, even with her defense dropped.

"Alright Flora! Tackle!" she commanded, smiling as Jimmy pouted at her. How was a Cherubi of all things holding up this well?

OOC: I could be wrong but I believe that the Defence drop was forgotten when I took damage? Tackle.
Cherubi was a tad faster and managed to tackle the small mushroom crab before it scratched dealing a very large chunk of damage.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 9/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)
[4] [sp=female] [sp=paras] 15/20 [Dry Skin]

OoC: That would be correct, it has been fixed
Flora shrieked a the Paras scratched back, Jimmy cheering at the powerful attack.
"Flora keep going! Tackle!" Quina ordered. She could get one more in...
OOC: Thank you, let's go with Tackle.
Scratch connected once again, this time ripping through Cherubi leaving her very weak from the constant attacks, she had used a Tackle attack but it was not doing quite the same as the scratch attack was doing to her.

[5] [sp=female] [sp=cherubi] 2/24 [Chlorophyll] (-1 Def)
[4] [sp=female] [sp=paras] 10/20 [Dry Skin]
"Flora come back!" Quina called, jabbing the Cherubi's pokeball forward, the button smooth under her hand as a bright light erupted and pulled Flora back into the relative safety of her ball. Back in her pocket went the ball while she watched Jimmy cheer and bounce and wriggle around like he'd won. "Azy, pursuit!" the Kiblis was more special oriented, but he didn't have another means of attacking yet.

Jimmy froze andstared at her, almost seeming hurt by the fact that she'd switched.
"Hey, no fair!"

"We never said no switching out." she reminded him as the white flash faded to reveal the baby goat. Azy bounced and charged at the Paras.

OOC: Azy Pursuit.
Kiblis took in a scratch from the Paras, who was half-expecting the defenseless Cherubi when going in for the attack. Instead, the now slightly-scarred Kiblis was out and ready to kick some you know what! And with a pursuit, he did just that!

[5] [sp=male] [sp=kiblis] 19/23 [Synchronize]
[4] [sp=female] [sp=paras] 3/20 [Dry Skin]
Pokémon Turquoise

Quina took pride in the frustrated hiss of the Paras when it realized its foe was fresh and wasn't going to fall, Azy shaking the hit off and bleating at the possessed pokemon before charging and knocking it back to its trainer. Cheers erupted around them at the 'clever' move.

"Just common sense..." Quina complained under her breath. "Azy Pursuit!" she ordered again, sending the little kiblis charging.
The Paras could not make a move before the pursuit hit her. It was quite a hit, knocking the bug unconscious at once.

Flora acquired 45 exp. points!
Flora's level increased!
Azy acquired 30 exp. points!

The boy Trainer's face started to lose colour; he had not expected his next Pokemon to be knocked out as well. Well, one left. If he put some trust in his next monster, then maybe . . .

"Go, Gowatu!"

A green bird with two tail feathers came out, ready to battle.

[5] [sp=male] [sp=kiblis] 19/23 [Synchronize]
[4] [sp=female] [sp=gowatu] 20/20 [Cacophony]