Suggestion Thread
One person can be ahead, someone who already passed that specific rival battle.
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

That would be cool. Another suggestion is a multiplayer thread. The two characters interact with eachother and help eachother out when in trouble. Problems are solved with teamwork and the two characters must come to a consensus. I think this would be cool. This could work without too many kinks, I think. They just post a thread the same way other players do. Personally, I think this would be really awesome. I think the only big deal would be battles and deciding who fights, etc. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else.
It would be nice for there to be some sort of announcement whenever a player wins a gym badge or completes some other sufficiently momentous RP event... whether just a little blurb in the next TA or a link on the sidebar. I think it would be a cool little side bonus to celebrate the person's victory, and it'd be nice for the rest of the forum to get a sense of what some of their fellow members are up to in the RP.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
(12-02-2013, 09:15 AM)Negrek Wrote: It would be nice for there to be some sort of announcement whenever a player wins a gym badge or completes some other sufficiently momentous RP event... whether just a little blurb in the next TA or a link on the sidebar. I think it would be a cool little side bonus to celebrate the person's victory, and it'd be nice for the rest of the forum to get a sense of what some of their fellow members are up to in the RP.

Seconded. I really like this idea.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
(11-30-2013, 09:22 PM)GinjaVulpix Wrote: That would be cool. Another suggestion is a multiplayer thread. The two characters interact with eachother and help eachother out when in trouble. Problems are solved with teamwork and the two characters must come to a consensus. I think this would be cool. This could work without too many kinks, I think. They just post a thread the same way other players do. Personally, I think this would be really awesome. I think the only big deal would be battles and deciding who fights, etc. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else.

It is currently possible for multiple players to RP together via "Interactive Roleplaying" (IRP), as explained here. We're also going to be adding additional ways for players to IRP and interact with one another in the near future. Does that address most of what you were suggesting?

(12-02-2013, 09:15 AM)Negrek Wrote: It would be nice for there to be some sort of announcement whenever a player wins a gym badge or completes some other sufficiently momentous RP event... whether just a little blurb in the next TA or a link on the sidebar. I think it would be a cool little side bonus to celebrate the person's victory, and it'd be nice for the rest of the forum to get a sense of what some of their fellow members are up to in the RP.

I do like that idea. We can start doing that, sure! It'd probably help if the mod who updated the player finishing something like that dropped a reminder somewhere so we don't miss it, of course, but yeah.
[Image: sig.gif]
I have another suggestion. You might think about a Holiday Promo. Like a Christmas present. ;) You could do a Christmas/Hannukah/any other holiday you might celebrate and there is a thread where you talk about getting a Christmas present from your mother, or more like the birthday promo where you just happen to have a random pokemon in your party or box. I hope you'll consider. ^_^
(12-06-2013, 10:29 PM)GinjaVulpix Wrote: I have another suggestion. You might think about a Holiday Promo. Like a Christmas present. ;) You could do a Christmas/Hannukah/any other holiday you might celebrate and there is a thread where you talk about getting a Christmas present from your mother, or more like the birthday promo where you just happen to have a random pokemon in your party or box. I hope you'll consider. ^_^

I remember in another forum I was in, we had something called a White Elephant, or whatever it's called, where one person opens a gift, and the next person can decide whether to get a new gift, or swap with the previous person (A gift can only be swapped a number of times before it's unswappable)

... That is one long run-on sentence. x3

Or we could do a Secret Santa, where we're given the names of someone and we decide what they get (Limited to specific rules to prevent anyone getting something over powered)

Regardless of what would be done for the event (if one were to happen), I would suggest giving the pokemon something special, like a move tutor coupon, or better yet, an egg move.
That sounds really awesome, Orchestra. I really like the Secret Santa thing. We could just have an Admin or Mod PM everyone their recipient. Then, there could be a thread where everyone involved posts a list of 3 pokemon, etc that they would like. That way, there would be no hints as to who got you. There would, of course, have to be limits as to what everyone gets. I would love that.
Seconded on the Secret Santa. That could really work, and it would be a nice bit of fun and excitement at not knowing who or what you're getting. However, maybe we'd run a draft for giving items. That way, no one receives the same thing as the next guy (or girl).

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
The Secret Santa/White Elephant/Exchange/etc. is a clever idea, and I do like it; the only problem is that I wonder whether the site is perhaps still a little too new for that to work. No one has progressed very far or caught a lot of pokémon yet, and it's not likely that people are going to be able to get their secret Santa the pokémon that they want. I'd imagine that in most cases the most desirable pokémon any given player has were received from promos anyway, meaning they were chosen specifically for that player and that player isn't likely to want to give them up. It's a very cool idea, but I think it should maybe wait until next winter when we have more members and those members have had more time to explore the game, catch more pokémon and open up more areas—that way if someone's secret Santa wants, say, a vaering, they'll actually be capable of going out and catching one rather than being unable to fulfill that wish.

As for a holiday/winter promo in and of itself, it's certainly a possibility! We'll just have to see what happens.
Can we get a universal "struggle" command that any pokémon can use, same as struggle in the games? That would give people at least some out if they find themselves caught in a bind along the lines of, "Welp all my last pokémon knows are normal moves and the opponent's got a ghost," and reduce some of the tedium of trainer battles where a player sends out their minijina and sits there pounding for an eternity while the opponent sand attacks or whatever.
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

I don't see why not. I'll add it in the next round of rules updates.
You should change thename from oak to mango when hes talking to,you when you battle prof. Mango otherwise its a good game
(04-04-2014, 11:14 AM)expensivecorn9 Wrote: You should change thename from oak to mango when hes talking to,you when you battle prof. Mango otherwise its a good game

Uhh...are you sure you have the right Pokemon Turquoise? This isn't a ROMhack or any crap like that...it's a TEXT RPG. Plus, I'm sure our Professor isn't named Oak OR Mango...
Wow... It sure is dusty in here. Time for a majestic bump!

1. Sound Notification Option in the Chatbox - I'm aware that this may not be controllable, depending on the plugin that's being used, but I figured I should ask anyway.

I think you get the point.

2. Move the Roleplaying Forum to Turquoise Library - Sure, RP's are technically games, but not to the same extent as Pokemon ABC and Members vs. Mods. The frequent bumps in the Forum Games forum means that the Roleplays get very little font page time. Plus, I think the Library section needs a bit more attention anyway.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Could we get a profile field, similar to the RPG/Personal Profile fields, that indicates which pokemon, if any, on a player's team is holding the EXP Share? I know that I'm going to miss it every single time when I'm giving out EXP otherwise, unless the player says something in the post directly above reminding me of it. It would be nice to have a similar reminder for pickup mons, too. (Also, EXP share should be limited to 1/player, if it isn't already...)

It is limited to one per person already, and yeah, I can do that in a bit.
Added the profile field since I was in the ACP anyway; you can see a temporary example in my postbit. That work? We can make a proper announcement about it later.
Yeah, that looks good. Maybe a pickup field, too? Or is that just too many fields?

Well, I'd like to err on the side of fewer just for the sake of not cluttering things, but it's not like there's any physical limitation. Would it be easier for you to parse if they were separate fields, or would it be all right if the field were just labeled such that the mod/player could put both in the same one?