Suggestion Thread
So while we're still a relatively young and small forum since our "rebirth", or grand opening, what kind of suggestions do you guys have that you might like to see implemented in the forums or RPG some day?

If you ever think of something, just stop by here and speak your heart, or send one of us admins a pm!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

There might already be plans to implement this since there are pokemon who's evolutions are dependent on it, but a way to make pokeblocks/poffins/other contest stat boosting things, and pokemon contests would be nice to see here.
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
There are already plans to implement contests in some form or another down the road. I'm not sure whether we're actually going to bother with contest stats or not; we'll see what happens when things settle down and we have time to get around to it.

For now the contest stats are not in use and so the only way to evolve feebas et al is by trading with the requisite item; you don't need to worry about raising anything.
[Image: sig.gif]
How about a Mobile Theme? It would definitely be useful for updating the rpg when without access to a computer.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Maybe a theme with a pokemon in the background or around the sides? Maybe a sidebar that's not just on the homepage or little icons for every separate section of threads?

Note: Very big images and these are shots of me scrolling down the site.
[Image: sukibanner.png]

Dream Team

[sp=osgrave][sp=chaszin][sp=josuche][sp=caslot][sp=galaraud][sp=noperajina]
(07-11-2013, 06:26 PM)Insignificant Organism Wrote: How about a Mobile Theme? It would definitely be useful for updating the rpg when without access to a computer.

Oh, dangit. I had actually bookmarked a plugin that would've provided a mobile theme, but it seems it's been taken down ("closed for a short time" to use their words) while they work on some things. I'll keep an eye on it to see if and when it comes back, though, and see if I can find any other options in the meantime/instead.

...Alternatively we could see about integrating the forum with a service like Tapatalk or Forum Runner, which would provide an actual "native app" experience for the forum rather than just a mobile website, but iirc that's a bit more involved and both Tapatalk and Forum Runner charge for their apps; I'd feel a bit weird asking members who want to access the forum on their phones to go and pay some third party two or three dollars. (Which isn't much, but still. :/) We could definitely look into it if people wouldn't mind, but I'd like to see what comes of the actual free mobile integration thing first.

(07-12-2013, 09:55 PM)Suki Wrote: Maybe a theme with a pokemon in the background or around the sides? Maybe a sidebar that's not just on the homepage or little icons for every separate section of threads?

I'm actually hoping to be able to design some custom themes for the site eventually, and they'd be a bit more interesting to look at than the current selection; a fixed background image is certainly a possibility for at least some of them, sure. It'll be a little while before I'm able to really start messing around with what goes into skinning a MyBB forum specifically, but it should eventually happen.

I'd have to look into what's required to do that "different images for each forum" thing; I'm sure it's possible but I don't know how involved it'll be, not to mention finding appropriate images for all the different locations. For the time being I think it's a bit more work than it's worth, but we can certainly keep it in mind.

As for the sidebar, personally I prefer it being on the index only so there's a place it's always visible but it's not taking up space when I just want to focus on reading a thread or what have you. It's possible to have it display on other pages, however, so if other members would prefer that it display everywhere then we can consider changing it.
Any chance of getting automerge turned off in the RPG Profiles board? Literally every time I make one up the Global Plaza stuff gets merged into the player's team section because it takes me less than ten seconds or whatever to slap the info in there. (And it was mighty confusing the first time that happened, let me tell you!)

Kind of a long shot, but it would be nice if there were a way for mods to edit players' profile links in themselves, rather than making the players do it themselves. Just streamline the process a bit, make a little less work for the newbie, etc.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Looked into the forum settings really quick, and didn't see any specific settings for turning the automerge off on a single forum, but I'm not all that experienced with the Admin CP so I could definitely look into a bit more later.

With regards to editing profile links in ourselves, it is doable within the admin cp, in that case, we'll need to probably come up with a system for making sure that us admins see and take care of editing in those links.
Pokémon Turquoise

Both taken care of.
Sweet, thanks.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
OOC: Newby here. :3c As stated in my Howdy thread, I come up with weird ideas. Prepare yourselves your laughter.

Equipment. Pokemon equipment. Just like items, a pokemon may only hold one, though some have specific uses, such as working with a certain ability, or helping out without affecting actual battling. Kind of like giving a character a special skill in a normal RPG. For example:

Skitty Tail: When worn, the holder gains Run Away as a secondary skill, but doesn't gain the extra traits from the actual ability, like the Smoke Ball item.
Cat's Paw: Increases Pick-Up's likelyhood of working
*Pocket Katana: Allows the holder to use Cut, even if they can't learn the move. Mainly useful for those that don't want to backtrack to a center to get a pokemon that can use the move. Will break after x-number of uses.
And so on.
*Could instead be used as a Key Item, once again with limited use. Because not everyone likes teaching HMs to their pokemon.

... Have I laughed you guys out of the room yet? x3 As I said, not to be taken seriously.
What you suggested was the most redicilous, game-breaking idea I have ever heard and the absolute absurdity of it baffles me.....

LET'S DO IT RIGHT NOW!!
[Image: 21.jpg]
That actually does sound like a pretty interesting idea, I think. I have to wonder whether it'd really be necessary, though—aside from the focus of the items' effects being different, they're essentially still just held items. It would probably be more balanced and slightly less work for the staff if things like that were just implemented as regular items rather than worrying about setting up and working with a second item slot.

As for the HMs, ideally that won't be too big a problem. Since pokémon can learn an unlimited number of moves in this game there isn't really a reason not to just teach your main party any HMs they can learn—they still have room for all of their normal battling moves and can just use the HM out of battle when necessary. Additionally, HMs are not required for progression through the main game. Surf, dive and fly have their uses and give you access to a few interesting extras but at the end of the day they're all completely optional, and all remaining HMs are effectively reserved for use in upcoming optional sidequests as well. As such, you're not going to run into a situation where you're skipping along with your standard team and then suddenly hit a roadblock because you didn't want to teach any of them strength. If a situation comes up that requires a move like that, you'll probably have known about it in advance and can prepare the right team for the job before setting out. (Something like that would be pretty useful in the main series, though!)

Either way I think there are some other things we need to worry about implementing first, but ideas for additional interesting items and the like could certainly happen down the road! You're more than welcome to keep the interesting ideas coming!
I participate in a number of forum-based RPGs. One thing that I really like, is the Cbox, a chat box where you can talk to people live without having to be an actual user. It works really well, and if nothing else, it create great conversations. :I
We had a cbox before, but it's been disabled for now due to a number of reasons—the primary one is that people just weren't interested in using it, and there were also various issues with finding a cbox provider that had the kinds of features we wanted and also actually functioned correctly for members using different kinds of computers and browsers. If there is significant demand for the return of the cbox in the future, we'll resume looking for one that works for everybody. In the meantime there is a fairly active Skype chat that you're welcome to join if you want to talk to people!
Would it be possible for two players (that is, two actual people, members of the forum) to be rivals? Obviously there would be a few complications, but I don't see them being immensely difficult to overcome.
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
It's definitely manageable to have two players make their rival info the same as each other's player info and then request that the rival teams be based off of each others teams, but it might be a bit difficult to actually have the two of you "battle each other" as rivals, for instance. Especially since one member might progress more than the other, or one might get frustrated if the other is taking to long to respond. What ideas did you have for making it work?
Pokémon Turquoise

I didn't have any specific ideas, but I certainly think that with a bit of work, it would be possible. It would take planning and patience on both people's sides, however.
I have one. It would take a lot of 'bookkeeping', though.

At each rival checkpoint, the rivals each take control of their teams. If one is way too far ahead, they use the team they had when they got to that checkpoint. If one is too far behind, then they can use their team leveled temporarily to the cap each checkpoint has. Furthermore, if one has a team of four and the other one has two, they can have the option of choosing a Pokémon from a nearby Route.
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

That could work. One person can't be ahead, though, because they need the rival battle to progress. So basically all you would have to do is juice up the person who's behind.