Favorite Pokémon Type
We all know that you have a favorite Pokémon type, one that you always make sure has a spot on your team.

For myself, it's ice type. With my Glalie, Froslass, and the many others, I always try get one in.

What say you about your favorite type?
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Psychic definitely. My dream team is Gallade, Gardivior, Metagross, Beeheeyem, Alakazam, and Espeon. And being psychic would be awesome
I don't usually go by type so much as individual species preference, and I usually have a pool of more than six Pokemon that I rotate around as needed, but within that pool it's always essential for me to have the Fire/Water/Grass trio well-accounted for. Ghosts are also extremely frequent on my teams, at least in regions with a good pool of Ghost-types to choose from. (Hoenn was really bad in that regard until late-game, and Kanto and Johto weren't much better.)
[Image: c1.png]
Ghost and or Dark types. Always gotta have one or five of them. Which probably isn't great but hey, I love them X'D
Dragon types are definitely my favorite, followed by Steel, Ice, and Bug. I frequently use Pokemon from these types, and it's usually fairly common to see me with 2 or 3 of my party members to be dragons. Ice types have always been a favorite of mine, probably because of the power of Ice Beam and the loose interchangeability with water types. Steel Pokemon are just cool in general, and their high defenses make them extremely useful.

As for bug types, I didn't really care for them until I tried a mono bug type playthrough in Pokemon Emerald, and later with the 5th generation additions. Volcarona, Gavantula, Escavalier, Heracross, Scizor and Ninjask really stand out to me. In addition, I often give my Haxorus X-Scissor because it gives him an unusual advantage, packs a punch, and most people aren't expecting it.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

There are a lot of types I like for one reason or another—dragons because dragons, fire's nice, I like ghost as a type although I'm not exactly madly in love with most individual ghost-types aside from giratina—but ultimately I'd probably have to say normal. There's just something about the absurd versatility those guys have that draws me to them, and a decent number of my favorite pokémon (raticate, clefable, herdier and kangaskhan, to name a few) are all normal-types. Given the sum total of everything they've ever been able to learn, Gen I normals like clefable and kangaskhan are actually some of the most terrifying pokémon out there. :p
[Image: sig.gif]
I have a number of types that I enjoy, but my favorite is torn between Fire, Electric, and Ice. For competitive play, I definitely love Electric, and there are very very few electric pokemon that I honestly don't like (those few being... Stunfisk, Electivire, and Magnezone). Fire strongly appeals to the pyromaniac in me, I was one of those people that up till Gen IV picked the Fire starter every time. Aaaand then the Fire/Fighting trend started. .-.
Ice however, hits really hard on everything that I actually concern myself to care about with the sole exception of Fighting and I love most of the pokemon in it. With exceptions of Jynx and... actually I think Jynx is it, all of the other Icers that I initially didn't like, I've grown to love.
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
I have to say steel. Hits hard and sometimes takes moves well, though it sucks a little in competitive play since it's weak to the moves that most pokemon have (earthquake, close combat/aura sphere, fire blast, etc). Otherwise I'd have to say electric or ground.
I've always had a huge bias for fire. My first Pokemon was Charizard, and ever since I saw Magmar, I was in awe of the fire type. I would always feel fire types had been a little lite on amounts, especially when I played in Hoenn. I love the ideas behind some of the Pokemon, and I really just love some of the moves.

And fire types are also fun to write about. Whenever I get bored and write some short fan fics in my personal files, I like to make scenarios with double battles. Fire & water together, on a water field.

Fire types!
DRAGOOOOOOOONS

...No seriously, other people DON'T like dragon-types? Psh, I dun care how many fairy-types you throw at me, I'll never give up on my precious wyverns and drakes. The fact that they're resistant to most elemental attacks and can use moves from most types to cover any and all weaknesses they have is enough to make me a fanboy for years.

*shrug* Just saiyan. Oh and fighting-types are cool too. Still waiting for my dream 'mon of dragon/fighting.
MONK E. FREDRICKS
[Image: 261iy5k.png]
Hmmmm... too many to choose one so I'll list them all that I like. Fighting, Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Ground, Flying, Ice, Dragon. So yeah. My top three favourite types are the three F's: Fire, Fighting, and Flying (NOT FAIRY!) because they are so awesome!
[Image: sukibanner.png]

Dream Team

[sp=osgrave][sp=chaszin][sp=josuche][sp=caslot][sp=galaraud][sp=noperajina]
I love fighting, ground, steel, and water. XD I love the bulky, tough types; not necessarily the fast and frail as much. I make a wicked Sandstorm team usually. 8D
[Image: Oshawottbancopy_zps7de17ec6.png]

Dream Team

[sp=burungin][sp=scrafty][sp=ramfere][sp=krookodile][sp=distrike][sp=caslot]
Eh. Favourite type? Hard choice, I gotta say. I lkie dragon for the ovaral fact that dragons, and dark for it's evil ominousness, also electric and fire, beacause I am still fascinated by the destructive power fires and lightnings have... But after a bit of thinking, I have to say dragon, beacause it's all the above at once.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
Every Pokemon that is Ice type (except Jynx and Smoochum) immediately get a like from me. Piloswine, Cloyster, Vanilluxe, Kyurem, etc. There's only 2 bad Ice types - so Ice type is the best type.
Guys, Chron did ask that you not post in threads that haven't been touched in over three months. :\

But since it's too late to say anything now, I'm mixed. Water used to be my fave, but now I'm stuck between Bug, Fairy and Grass...
Dragons, and Fairies. Those guys are my favourites. Darks and Fires are close second, but Dragons and Fairies are the best!
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
lol. It's kinda funny how long this thread went without someone posting in it. But, of course, it's a moot point. I'm following Kath trying to get points for the posting spree. XD Dragons are always awesome, but the Fairy type and new mechanics and whatnot, ehh.. It's kinda hard to say. I still think Fairy screws things up. A pokemon I always try to get on my Team, however, is Lucario. . . and Magic Bounce Espeon. I'm a bit of a pyromaniac, so Arcanine, Houndoom, Charizard are game, as well as other "dogs", such as Manectric (Houndoom and Arcanine also go in this category). So, it's mostly just favorite pokemon, than types. x3
I think some people think Fairies are broken, to be honest. Fairies were introduced to better balance the then-broken Dragon type, only for plenty of people to claim that the Fairie type is broken. Personally, I just love the new type being new and looking at it's weaknesses. Cold iron and poison, rather than any reference to the twinkly things people think of...
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]