Feebas type evolution
So quick question for my derfin. The happiness stat has replaced the contest stats correct? If so you might want to change the pokedex entry because its a little confusing.
To my understanding, in an actual game setting they would evolve via the contest stats, which is why that is shown. However, it is incorrect that happiness will get them to evolve in the RPG. If you look at the pokedex entry, it mention (for instance with Derfin) that "Derfin -level up w/171+ Smartness OR trade w/Sage Crystal> Encanoto", so you will need to get a Sage Crystal eventually in order to evolve the Derfin.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Thanks for the help
No problem, and if you aren't sure where you might get a Sage Crystal, look here! You'll need three badges to attempt the sidequest, however.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

There are eventual plans for contests to be added to the game, though I don't know for sure whether they'll be using contest stats. They're certainly not there in the meantime, though, so I can absolutely remove that note from the pages to keep things clear.
[Image: sig.gif]
When contests are implemented and if it's decided that contest stats will be a thing, will we be able to grandfather in a pokémon's happiness score for that stat? For example, say that I want to use wave dancer on my milotic, so I max out her happiness. Then contest stats become a thing, and wave dancer is now based on beauty as it was originally, not happiness. Would I still be able to use wave dancer at full power, or would the work I have to start all over again from zero beauty and no power on wave dancer?
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
That is something that has occurred to me, yeah. I haven't officially decided yet but am leaning toward grandfathering/converting the happiness into beauty or whatever.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the contest system ends up going in a completely different direction anyway, but yes, if we did in fact use contest stats in a manner similar to the games then we'd at least find some way to compensate the people who poured all that effort into what would now be an irrelevant stat.
[Image: sig.gif]