Quick Question Thread
Is there a possiility to have two adventures active at once? Since I'm tempted to do a nuzlocke run of this and don't really want to ditch my proper adventure.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
My first answer would be to say no since we typically only allow one character per player. However, I'm tempted to say that there might be a chance of something like that happening, but you would most likely have to freeze one of the characters at all time. So no trading/battling between the accounts would be permitted, and I would say special promotions like the bday promo or events happening would only be applicable to a single account, not both. I'm kind of on the fence about permitting something like this because it might become messy to keep track of and it might be something that several players see and also want to do (making it even more messy), but I'd like to hear what the other admin's thoughts are.
[Image: ichigo1.png]
Thanks to Trainer X of the Orange Islands for the fantastic banner!!

Yeah, I had the same thought: 'Could I do a Nuzlocke of this?' Then I thought 'No way, level scaling means it'll be an absolute nightmare' and god knows I've never mangaged a Nuzlocke in an actual game...
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
(06-17-2015, 02:04 PM)Chronicler Wrote: My first answer would be to say no since we typically only allow one character per player. However, I'm tempted to say that there might be a chance of something like that happening, but you would most likely have to freeze one of the characters at all time. So no trading/battling between the accounts would be permitted, and I would say special promotions like the bday promo or events happening would only be applicable to a single account, not both. I'm kind of on the fence about permitting something like this because it might become messy to keep track of and it might be something that several players see and also want to do (making it even more messy), but I'd like to hear what the other admin's thoughts are.

Mmm, yeah, my only real objection to running more than one journey is that it would put more strain on the moderators. The board is pretty much set up under the assumption that you're only going to be running one journey at a time (the profile link in the postbit and all). I would be fine with someone alternating between two journeys; I think the easiest way to keep track would be to have the player ask to have their profile link switched from their currently active journey to the other (perhaps in the Update Required thread? Seems like an easy place to put it that would be seen quickly, and if this turns out to be popular we can talk about some other infrastructure later), and then they could play in that one for as long as they like before switching back.

That's a real pain if you were planning to just do the nuzlocke occasionally, for a couple days here and there--if you're going to have to switch back and forth, you'd probably want to be playing one journey for a couple of weeks at least. So, idk. Does that sound like an appealing solution, Inquisitor? One way or another, I've got to say I think a nuzlocke of Turquoise sounds like a lot of fun. Or, well, a lot of suffering and death, but you know. Nuzlockes.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
Quick question. Can we sell things in our inventories to other players? So, say I had a bunch of stuff in my inventory that I don't want but I'd rather not remove from existence, would I be able to ask if anyone else wants it for a certain amount of P and then a mod can exchange items and money once the deal has been agreed on?
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
(06-26-2015, 06:49 PM)KathiraNarae Wrote: Quick question. Can we sell things in our inventories to other players? So, say I had a bunch of stuff in my inventory that I don't want but I'd rather not remove from existence, would I be able to ask if anyone else wants it for a certain amount of P and then a mod can exchange items and money once the deal has been agreed on?

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=22
I would assume so. Sadly, everything seems to require having a minimum of one badge, so you'll be holding onto your loot for a bit longer. On that note, dibs on anything you want to sell xD
Right, I wanted to ask because that seems geared towards pokemon trading, not a user selling items for P.

You sure you're interested in grass gems, fighting gems, and toxic plates? :P 'Cause that's what I want rid of.
I will definitely take your Toxic Plate if you wish to get rid of it. Beat your gym and name your price.

(But Orchestra still has first dibs)
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Seeker of true beauty or something
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
The Taavern ~ PM ~ Friend Codes
I moved this to a private chat in the chatbox since this is no longer about game questions. x3

I do have one though; The Big Mushrooms can be used for Move Tutor moves. What about the Tiny Mushrooms? What purpose do they serve here?
Tiny mushrooms are also meant for move tutor moves for the time being, although you'd still need more than one to equal a big mushroom, as in the games. Not sure if we ever hammered out an exact number since the games' two seems a bit too light; we'll have to think about it.
[Image: sig.gif]
This is slightly irrelevant to the game itself, but I'm pretty sure this is the right place to be posting this.

Is it possible for me to get my name changed from Felly to Mistral? I've taken on a new alias and I'd like it to be reflected on here as well!
If you go into your User CP, do you see a "Change Username" option along the left side? I do, but I'm not sure whether that's turned on for all users. If you don't see it, let me know and I can either adjust the settings or just change it for you manually.
[Image: sig.gif]
Ah, it is there, yes! Never thought to check there, but it's done now. Thanks! :)