Quick Question Thread
That's essentially the main difference. RPG Mods update adventures and profiles, and Community mods are in charge of keeping the forums active, forum events, and supervising the forums in general.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(10-06-2013, 08:59 PM)Chronicler Wrote: That's essentially the main difference. RPG Mods update adventures and profiles, and Community mods are in charge of keeping the forums active, forum events, and supervising the forums in general.

Ah...
And Administrators like you? I think I've seen a couple RPG updates from Admins, but I guess you guys do all the jobs kind of, on top of managing and organising the sites - I think I'm right in saying.

EDIT: How was the TurquoiseDex wiki made; was it one of the services like MediaWiki, WikiSpaces or what? Intrigued, because unlike Bulbapedia it isn't evidently visible around the wiki.

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
I saw that Phoenixsong answered your question about the MediaWiki, so I'll answer your other question.

To put it simply, the admins kind of envelop and are in charge of all of the duties for the staff here at Turquoise. For the most part, we are the ones who had the biggest roles in getting the RPG made into what it is today. Not to say that we haven't had excellent aid in shaping things from then on. We put out newsletters and updates, do behind-the-scenes work with new features for the RPG, and organize the staff team. We try to get down with the nitty-gritty work too, from time to time. Some of the reason while you'll see myself updating from time to time, as well as cooking up some fun events for you all.

In any case, I think that about wraps it up in a nutshell. Hope that help. ^^
Pokémon Turquoise

Just Sir again :3 So, these question pertain to egg moves. Maybe I missed it, or maybe I haven't found it yet (been taking my sweet time looking at every place in the RPG itself), but my questions are:

1. Is there a breeding place? (probably not implimented yet)
2. Aside from breeding, and catching pokemon in the diving safari game, is there any way to get eg moves on your pokemon?
Pokémon breeding isn't implemented yet, but it certainly will be possible in the (hopefully) near future—there are just some other things we're waiting on first. At the moment there aren't any other ways to get egg moves, but something else may become available down the road!
[Image: sig.gif]
Is HP Normal a thing here? It's not in the games, but Ventus is fighting an unknown with that HP type right now. Not sure whether that's a mistake or intentional.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
It should not be a thing, no.
...I assumed that the RPG Mod would do parts of the Rival battle, but are you meant to do it all on your own? This is such a nooby question, oh god
? // ?[url=http://weeb.space][/url]
I wouldn't fret too much about it being a nooby question since the way we do things here is a bit different than the typical RPG. For the most part, it's up to the player whether they want the RPG Mod to kind of develop their rival a bit. As for the battle itself, you simply just need to say, "Use this move, Burungin!" in the most general sense, and then we calculate whether the move hits or not, how much damage it does, and then we decide what move the opponent uses, calculate which Pokémon hits first, etc.

Someone could basically RP their whole battle, providing as much detail and RPing their rival parts too, or they can leave it up to the RPG Mod. As far as any effects from each turn of moves go, that's up to what the calc spits out. I've updated you now so hopefully you can see a little more of how things can work.
Pokémon Turquoise

I think the mod is waiting for you to make a move. The player always goes first, yet the Pokemon will attack in the order according to their speed. So, you make the first command, then your opponent (played by the mod), and the Pokemon attack in the order determined by their speed stat.

This means you cannot make your command based on what your opponent chooses to do. The mod will know your choice, but shouldn't make his choice based on yours; either he will make it random or choose a command that is relevant to the situation, pretending he doesn't know what you will do.

EDIT: Oops, you got two answers :)
Do personal profiles follow any specific format?
[Image: goomy-2.gif]

Nope, they are free to be molded however you see fit. If you like the way someone else has approached them, it doesn't hurt to start off the same way as them.
Pokémon Turquoise

What is the extension [IRP] for?
IRP stand for Interactive Roleplay, a feature of our TRPG that let's you RP in different area separate from your main adventure in order to have more fun interacting with other members in the forum. More info can be found partly down the page in the Interactive Roleplay spoiler, here.

There are a few kind IRPs that have already been tried out in the forums, so those are pretty good examples of how an IRP might go. We are currently working on more things to do with the IRP system itself, so pay attention to the TA's to hear more on it. :)
Pokémon Turquoise

I can't seem to find a list of the badges? I've looked just about everywhere but can't find it. Am I missing something?
I don't think there's an actual list of badges available. For the most part, just looking at the gym topics in their respective forums will have to suffice for the time being. Unless someone would like to make a thread with the list and possibly a guide to taking on the New Logora League.
Pokémon Turquoise

Is there a reason you need an explicit list, out of curiosity? The badges don't have any effect on pokémon obedience or HM use, if that's what you're wondering.
Not particularly, but I had difficulty finding the badge names. I didn't mean a specific page made only for Badges, but maybe you could put the badge name on the character's page? Or something. I found the names in the end, but it took some digging around. I had assumed they would be partnered with their respective Gym Leader.
There shouldn't have been too much digging around for the badge names. For future reference, they're all found in the prizes sections of their respective gym battle topic (ex: Allogra City Gym).
Pokémon Turquoise

Is it okay to post a thread in a forum even if you're not "doing anything" there, but only want to RP? For example, say I wanted to make an RP post in Dia City, but not actually do anything else there. Can I make a thread there anyway, mark it as inactive immediately, and then go ahead and post in some other adjacent area that I can reach with something that actually requires a mod response? Or if I'm going to make a thread in Dia City at all, must it include some actual activity no matter what?
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design