Quick Question Thread
Is plague a lock-in move like rollout, or do you have to select it over and over again like with fury cutter or rage?

Edit: Also, the server is utterly full of fail rn; I think you said to mention that when it happened, so.
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
I'm almost 100% sure it's supposed to be like fury cutter, which is how I wrote it up, but I believe DF came up with that move so you may want to double-check with him.

Fail as in slow/throwing error pages/?
[Image: sig.gif]
Okay, I figured as much; just thrown because the base power etc. make it look more like a straight poison clone of rollout.

And yes, very slow with server timeout errors.
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Hm. No reports of anything unusual on the host's end this time, but I'll keep an eye on things.
Does sweet scent have any effect outside of battle here? (Ingame it has the same effect as sweet honey, so... ;) )

Also, this is completely off the wall and not at all a game-related kind of question, but... why "turquoise?" As opposed to any other color, I mean.

Not currently, no.

Chron will have to answer that second one.
Honestly, when I picked out the name Turquoise, it was a pretty long time ago (I was 13 at the time), and the whole gemstone thing was a big part of anyone making a fangame.
So basically, Turquoise was a gemstone and the color itself was my favorite color, and it was somewhat symbolic of the ice type, my favorite type. It seemed to fit and stick as people came in and didn't seem to question it, so the years went on and it remained the same. I probably wouldn't have been opposed to other suggestions if I was given any, but that's just how things went at the time, lol.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

I figured it was something like that, but I was just curious. Thanks!

Do trade evolutions work the same here? I think I read on Turquoise somewhere that it's okay to do a back-and-forth to evolve a Pokemon, but I wondered if it trading is the exclusive method of evolving any given Pokemon. Of course, that isn't really relevant right now, but I may (or may not - pending moderator response) be capturing a Duskull and Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir via Reaper Cloth trade. So, on that note, is the Reaper Cloth easy to find in TTRPG?
Sorry if the question has an obvious answer, or if it's too picky.
Thanks!
-akg377

[sp=dusknoir]

http://pokemonturquoise.com/showthread.php?tid=348
Formerly akg377

[Image: LeBron-James-Dunk-on-Jason-Terry.gif]
Trades work more or less exactly as they do in the games, and for consistency's sake we wouldn't implement an alternative evolution method for anything unless the original evolution required some other feature that's hard for this sort of game to replicate. I can't think of any trade evolution that would be too complicated off the top of my head, although if, hypothetically, tyrogue were included in the game we'd have to think of an alternative for that (since effectively its stats would always be the same here and you could only get hitmontop). That would be the only kind of thing we'd change.

You can find a reaper cloth right here.
Someone has probably asked before, but I'm too lazy to go through any help/question threads.

Dream World abilities. Almost every pokemon both canon and fake have them. How are DW pokemon obtained here? Or is there some kind of side quest or item that can change it?
Good question! That was actually something that was part of our Grand Opening Promo. We gave out an item known as Dream DNA, which has a one time use and replaces the ability of one Pokémon with its Dream DNA. There will be a time when we put out a sidequest, and through that sidequest the item will be available, but that probably won't be for a while though. You can always find someone willing to trade their Dream DNA, however.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

(10-03-2013, 11:08 PM)Chronicler Wrote: Good question! That was actually something that was part of our Grand Opening Promo. We gave out an item known as Dream DNA, which has a one time use and replaces the ability of one Pokémon with its Dream DNA. There will be a time when we put out a sidequest, and through that sidequest the item will be available, but that probably won't be for a while though. You can always find someone willing to trade their Dream DNA, however.

Well poo x3 I don't think getting someone to trade is going to happen. It's too good of an item. Heck, I probably wouldn't even use it until they're easier to obtain.

Thank you for the help though. x3
Don't really know where else to put this, so...

What would be the repercussions of changing my username? What would you guys think of it. Right know I look at it and it's kind of ridiculous. I mean, I'm the highest member on the Post Count list with a name that you can't even pronounce.
Probably because, when I signed up, I didn't know whether I'd take TTRPG seriously and just threw something together. But now after being here so long it might be a little late and inconvenient to change the name. And what would I change it to anyway?
Most of you guys have epic names anyway; PhoenixSong, Chronicler, Negrek.

So yeah. Whaddaya think?

[sp=sharpedo]

Edit: Kinda considering 'Gastly'

Formerly akg377

There's nothing wrong with changing your name. Feel free to! Just try not to do it too often so people don't get confused about who you are.
(10-05-2013, 10:30 AM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Just try not to do it too often so people don't get confused about who you are.

Yeah, I was worried about that, too. What about my Registration and Trainer Profile n' stuff; they all have the name attached to them?

Formerly akg377

We can edit those if need be, although as long as you keep the link in your sidebar we'll always know whose profile it is. Nothing a little find and replace can't fix.
Using 'Gastly' isn't copyright infringement, is it?

Formerly akg377

Nah.

(10-06-2013, 12:31 AM)Negrek Wrote: Nah.

By the way, why do some people have, like you, a Burungin on their RPG Mod Banner thing, and others (like Isaac) have a Gasvirlich.

[sp=burungin] [sp=gasvirlich]

P.S. Did Isaac used to be Insignificant Organism?

EDIT: Just realised, Community Mods and RPG Mods. Sorry.
So what are the differences between the two? Do Community Mods just patrol the forums and RPG Mods update the adventures?

Formerly akg377