Quick Question Thread
As for the Unown part of your questions, I would say that the form would be the choice of the person getting the promo. You only get the promo once a year, so we certainly wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed about it with getting a form they didn't desire.
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Thanks for answering, guys. I look forward to seeing the ruling on teleport.

Phoenixsong Wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed the intro! It is in fact linked to on the main "New Logora" page of the wiki, but I admit I haven't done much to push that or make it a bit more prominent because I've been so bogged down by getting used to Having A Job and Being An Adult, etc..
Oh yeah, wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that. I actually managed to not notice the "New Logora" page completely, so good to know that it exists... (but have job, be adult, y u do this??)

Phoenixsong Wrote:You lucked out with Kutho, I'll have you know. There's a reason they call me the "cbox shiny" on OI. >)
:( Well Kutho misses you too; feel free to stop by there if that's where you feel more inclined to chat... I mean, at this point I'm going to have to start sending you blithering PM's about nonsense because I can't get in touch otherwise, and no one wants that!
[Image: salvage_sworn_metalhead.png]
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dædric Design
>| A solid 50% of our conversations take place in blithering PMs about nonsense anyway so I don't see what the big deal is!
[Image: sig.gif]
So, how do abilities work with evolution? If you have a pokémon that evolves into one with two different abilities, do you get to choose the ability it gets upon evolution, or is it mandated to be the ability that corresponds to whichever "slot" the pokémon's current ability falls into? For example, let's say I have a farfetch'd with keen eye I evolve into a rapscallion. Will it automatically get own tempo as its new ability, or can I choose own tempo or technician?
In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

It would match up with the "slot", as it would in the games (just as a guts tyrogue would always turn into a limber hitmonlee while a steadfast tyrogue would turn into a reckless hitmonlee).

In the case of a pokémon with one ability that evolves into a pokémon with more than one (which I think is just wyrmal right now), the mod should randomize which it turns into.
Hate to hi-jack this thread, but I have a situation where 2 mods updated me at the same time. Over on OI what we do when this happens is take the first update to go through as the update to respond to, but I'm not sure how that works here. (For now I'm going to assume its like OI and we take the first update if that's alright).

So yeah, just curious how that works here.
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
As long as there's no specific reason to go with one over the other (e.g. one is incorrect for some reason), just go with the first one.
(07-16-2013, 02:06 PM)Phoenixsong Wrote: As long as there's no specific reason to go with one over the other (e.g. one is incorrect for some reason), just go with the first one.

K, thank you~
[sp=osgrave] [sp=ibazel] [sp=distrike] [sp=arctangel] [sp=cerisol] ( [sp=paracordis] () [sp=vaquerado] )
I feel like I've seen the rules on this before somewhere, but I definitely can't remember where now.

Is it possible to trade TMs or HMs? What about selling them?

TMs and HMs are non-tradeable and cannot be sold; the non-tradeable part is mentioned in a few places (mainly the stores that sell TMs) but it's occurring to me that there's technically no "blanket" statement saying that no TMs or HMs can ever be sold or traded at all. I'll add that into the getting started guide to make it more readily apparent.

You are allowed to do a trade-tradeback with someone to have them teach your pokémon a TM you don't have, but only within reason and generally only if that player has a TM you would be allowed to use anyway. If you have one badge and someone else has seven and they offer to teach all your little level 12 pokémon fire blast, we're probably not going to let that trade go through. Also note that it will reset the traded pokémon's happiness as would any trade, so you'd need to think before trading off that milotic you worked so hard for to have someone give it surf.
How much do brave bracers, ice crowns, etc. sell for? Same as a prism scale?

Sure.
Great, thanks. I asked because I wanted to find the expected value of a pickup item in each different level category, which is pretty high up there on the list of "things absolutely no one cares about," but if anyone else is curious I might as well share:

1-10: 216
11-20: 240
21-30: 441.5
31-40: 446
41-50: 546
51-60: 773.5
61-70: 938.5
71-80: 1198.5
81-90: 1270.5
91-100: 1402.5

So if you have a lv. 5 pickup pokémon on your team, in the long term you can expect to get about an extra 21.6P per battle from it, etc.

So does the anticipation ability just do nothing here?

Does buying stuff at the pokémart count as "doing something" in an appropriate area (i.e. a city?)?

Anticipation is not supposed to do nothing; we'll just have to come up with something for it to do. Possibly also forewarn and frisk, since I think those may have been skipped as well.

Hm... I'm going to say no to the second one for now.
Are rival battles in most locations required or optional? The final battle in Victory Road is required, but I think that's the only one that specifically says so. If you end up in a rival battle location with the right number of badges, are you obligated to fight, or is it just that you have to accumulate X number of encounters by the time you get to Victory Road?

As of now all of the rival battles are supposed to be mandatory (although undertaken whenever you like prior to VR); this might change to minimum of or something later, but for now they're all required. I'll make a note of that.
Ah, okay, thanks. When I said "optional" I meant "can you do them whenever you like, or must you do them immediately?"... I figured they'd all be required in the end. But that answers my question anyway!

So, aftershock. Is the second attack supposed to essentially be a clone of future sight/doom desire, except executed a turn earlier? That is:

- Can the second attack cause a critical hit?
- When you say it does damage at the "end of turn", that means it bypasses protect, detect, and endure, correct?
- Does the second attack's damage go through wonder guard?

And then, the first part of the attack--is it normal in every way (can critical, is affected by items and abilities as normal, etc.)? Can aftershock be stacked if used multiple times in a row, or does it fail after the first use until the second attack strikes? If the initial attack hits, can the second miss? Vice-versa?

Likewise, cacophony. Complete clone of soundproof, correct? Still prevented from sleeping by uproar? Still can be passed perish song counters?

-No.
-Yes.
-Yes.

The only major differences between aftershock and future sight/doom desire are the shorter duration, the damage on use and that aftershock can be used consecutively where future sight/doom desire need to wait for the first use to finish before being used again. That and I guess that using protect against the first attack does probably stop the second one where future sight would ignore it.

Cacophony is a complete clone of soundproof, as it would be if it still existed in the games.