The UnderGods (a Percy Jackson-esque RP)
Demigods are very peculiar, with the most common being children of the Greek god Zeus. However, many gods and goddesses from all over the world have done something similar at least once or twice. One of your parents is  mortal, while the other is a deity. That makes YOU a demigod.

Unfortunately, the world government does not take too kindly to demigods these days, due in part to a certain incident that remains somewhat classified

You are one of a handful of demigods who wants to change this worldview for the better, no matter what.

Just be careful how and when you use your inherited powers.

Rules
1. Show some variety. I don't want to see more than three demigods from any given pantheon (Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, etc). I also wouldn't recommend having similar powers to one another. (Anubis and Ah Puch both have dominion over death, for example). Only gods from polytheistic civilizations are allowed (This means no Jesus or Cthulhu)
2. Just because you are a demigod doesn't mean you're 100% immortal. You may be harder to kill than most, but it's not impossible. You also should refrain from controlling someone else's character for extended periods of time without their permission.
3. Have fun!

Name:
Son/Daughter of:
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
Recent History:
Powers Inherited:

EDIT: I will come up with my own demigod profile soon. Just narrowing down between two god parents.
(Note: Mythology is my piece of cake! Yay!)

Name: Yei

Son/Daughter of: Xiuhtecuhtli, an Aztec God (Bonus: Name means "Turquoise Lord." What a coincidence!)

Personality: Yei likes to show off his knowledge of, well, everything.  He can also be sarcastic at times.  However, once you get to know him, you'll find a friendly guy that you can always depend on being honest.  

Physical Appearance: He has blond hair and a tan complexion.

Recent History: After his mother was killed by a burglar, he discovered he had magical abilities when he accidentally killed the theif.  His father then appeared and told him to travel across the country, fight monsters, find allies, and make a name for the son of Xiuhtecuhtli.  So he gathered everything he needed and packed it in a magic bottomless sack that his father gave him and set off to "make a name for himself."  Whatever that means...

Powers Inherited: Can slow down time for a few seconds, manipulate (but not create) fire, and create an inanimate copy of himself.  Also, he is stronger and faster during the day, with both his magical and physical abilities.

Other: He was born in South Dakota.  A turquoise xiuhtototl bird follows him around everywhere and distracts enemies.  Or just interrupt conversations, like, all the time.  His preferred weapons include a shield with five chalchihuites (gemstones) a magic (of course) scepter that can shoot fire called Tletlcocolli, and a jar of turquoise Aztec flames.
I am a fan-fiction author!
My books:
They're not finished yet, but I'm working on it.

Also: ¿Workwa yut bárto ladut qasa? Yut nobo'nasobut woka ayi'ud desasud.
Not familiar with Percy Jackson, but it's time for me to get my SMT on.

Name: Akemi Oshiro
Son of: Takemikazuchi
Personality: Bold, but somewhat reckless. Constantly getting herself and anyone surrounding him into trouble. Easy to anger. Loses interest in things quickly.
Physical Appearance: Strong but lean. Able to wield a fairly large weapon with ease (relative to a human of equal build). Long black hair tied back in a ponytail, red eyes, average height.
Recent History: Akemi never knew either of her parents, and grew up in an orphanage. She was a slacker in college up till his graduation roughly 5 years ago. Since then, she's worked several entry level jobs, none of which interested her enough to stay. Is currently looking for new options. Grew up in Mito, Irabaki, and currently lives in a rundown apartment in Tokyo.
Powers Inherited: Akemi's physical prowess, sword fighting capability, and affinity for electricity were all passed down from Takemikazuchi, albeit all weaker in comparison. As a demi, her weakness lies in her durability (i.e. she's a glass canon of sorts), though thanks to sharp senses and quick reflexes, this tends to not pose too much of an issue. She wields the enchanted sword Raijinken, which she can summon at will.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Name: Kauri Parata
Son of: Tāne Mahuta (Maori god of forests and birds)
Personality: Kauri, despite appearances, is a soft-spoken, intelligent young man.  He is kind to all people, but especially kind to nature and animals, and can often be found simply sitting in forested areas and taking in his surroundings.  However, he also has a competitive streak, which emerges when he plays rugby, his other favourite hobby.
Physical Appearance: Kauri is stunningly tall, and heavily muscled.  He has coarse, messy black hair that tends to stick out in spikes, and brown eyes so dark they almost appear black.  His Maori ancestry is also obvious in his complexion.
Recent History: Kauri grew up in the small town of Huntly, New Zealand.  He and his mother both knew of his demigodhood from a young age, but thankfully the powers Kauri inherited are easy to hide, or simply pass as the abilities of an extraordinary mundane human.  He has recently finished high school, and seeks to study environmental science in the future, to help out his father in protecting the world's forests.
Powers Inherited: Like his father, whom legends claim separated the earth from the sky, Kauri possesses superhuman strength, although not quite to the same extent.  He can also encourage plant growth at a rapid rate, and can communicate with birds.

Yeah, I couldn't miss the chance to incorporate some of my country's indigenous mythology.  Hopefully it's something unique that most people aren't familiar with.
When is this going to start? How many people are you planning on having?
My books:

As soon as I can get my character done, we may begin. I will be a son of Sobek.
Name: Irwin Stevenson
Son/Daughter of: Sobek
Personality: you'll see
Physical Appearance: you'll see
Recent History: you'll see
Powers Inherited: Super strength, good swimmer, powerful jaws, and cast-iron stomach.
Do you want me to make a documentation of the thread once the RPing starts? I'll call it "The Son of Sobek and The Undergogs."
My books:

I'll just keep it as undergods
No, I mean the documentation. Anyways, The Son of Sobek just sounds good.
My books:

That name is technically copyrighted IIRC.
Oh, OK. Do you want it documented or not?
My books:

Sure?
Okay, just make sure to pm me or something when the RPing starts.
My books:

I understand.

Also, I think we could use more female demis.
I was actually thinking the same thing, so I'm gonna make the switch.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.