A Regional Rocket
Wally checked his map to make sure that he was in the right place.  Yep, it seemed so.  This was the Pokémon Lab of the region.  Just as he was about to enter the doors, a screaming sound came from above.  When he glanced up, he saw a rocket depicting a pokémon he didn't recognize.  I'll have to study this region's pokémon more, he thought.  
    Upon entering the surprisingly homey building, he was greeted by a man with the tan complexion of a veteran trainer.  
Wally said, “You must be the professor of New Logora.”  “No no no,” the man said, “I’m not a professor by a long shot.  Although I do distribute starter pokémon, I know nothing of science.  You can call me Gadari.”
    Wally responded, “Well, Gadari, I am here to start my adventure here.”  Gadari said, “Right this way.”  He led Wally down a short hallway into a room with three pokéballs on pedestals.  Three screens lit up, describing the pokémon residing on the podium.  
    “Acafia, the Thorn Bud Pokémon,  Crocoal, the Burn Cub Pokémon,”  and “Spraylet, the Seaspray Pokémon,” they read.
    “Hmm… I think that I’ll take spraylet.  I’ll name him Guyser,” Wally said.  “Excellent,” said Gadari.  At that moment, a girl rushed into the room.  She blurted, “Am I too late?”  “Woah, slow down.  What’s your name?”  She replied, “I’m Lily.  Nice to meet you.”  “That’s strange,” said Wally, “I have a friend named Lily.”  Lily said, “Well, I’m here to get my very first starter.”
     Wally announced, “Then I guess that means that you’re my rival now!”  Lily asked, “What starter did you chose?”  “I chose spraylet,” Wally answered.  “That means that I pick Acafia.  I don’t want a nickname,” Lily said.  Wally was used to his rival having the upper hand.  In fact, he relished the challenge.  “Now then, let’s have a battle!” Wally said.

OOC: Can I please have a traditional rival battle?

Wally called, “I’m counting on you, go Geyser!”  Lily shouted, “Let’s do this, Acafia!”  They both threw their respective pokéballs in the air.  “Now, use leer,” commanded Wally.
I am a fan-fiction author!
My books:
They're not finished yet, but I'm working on it.
OOC: Yes, of course you may do the Traditional instead. : ) Is your Spraylet's name "Guyser" or "Geyser"? I understand that it is only one letter, but one is listed in your sign-up and profile, and here you've provided another. I just want to make sure I'm using the correct one you'd like to have.

As soon as Wally had commanded a Leer, Lily yelled out for a full-on Tackle -- and both baby pokemon were on the move. Or rather, Acafia was; Geyser just stared hard with a hawk's eye at the green calf, intimidating him just a little bit. The Acafia barreled into the white and blue bird at full speed regardless, and attempted to stamp his hoof-prints onto Geyser's beak.

Geyser used Leer! Acafia's Defense was lowered.
Acafia used Tackle! (-5 HP)

[5] [sp=male][sp=spraylet] 19/24 [Torrent]
[5] [sp=male][sp=acafia] 25/25 [Overgrow] (-1 Def)
OOC: It’s Guyser (a portmanteau of guy and geyser, in true pokémon fashion). Must have auto-corrected for the mod that did my profile and they didn’t notice.  Stupid auto-correct, no one likes you!
   Shaking off the solid hit, Guyser somehow knew by Wally’s body position meant his next attack was to be tackle.  He also could sense his emotions, noting that his trainer was slightly anxious and hungry.  Nevertheless, Guyser threw himself towards his opponent.  
   Wally was impressed.  None of his previous starters had picked up this quickly.
My books:
OOC: Alrighty. I'll stick with Guyser, then. : )

"Keep on with the Tackling, Acafia!" Lily yelled out some more, heedless of the stat drop of her partner, or perhaps she was ignoring it. Either way, both pokemon rammed into each other as hard as they could muster. This early in the battle, there was a resounding thud as the two combatants collided -- then they both staggered off to regain their senses and balance. Lily frowned at how much damage the bird seemed to be doing -- that wasn't very good.

Guyser used Tackle! (-7 HP)

[5] [sp=male][sp=spraylet] 14/24 [Torrent]
[5] [sp=male][sp=acafia] 18/25 [Overgrow] (-1 Def)
OOC: Auto battle, please: tackle until acafia faints.
   At this point, Guyser didn't even need any direction from his trainer.  He already knew that Wally wanted him to just continue using tackle, until his opponent faints.
My books:
Mod Note: Unfortunately, as stated in the rules, the auto-battle function cannot be used with important battles such as the Rival battle.

"Let's go, Acafia! More Tackling!" Lily encouraged and the green calf was off running at the same time as Guyser. The two collided once more and both staggered away to shake the feeling back into their limbs. Lily frowned deeper at the damage her Acafia seemed to be accumulating -- both pokemon looked equally exhausted. This wasn't what she thought would happen and it was probably too late to slow the Spraylet down now. The only thing she could possibly do was charge ahead at full speed and hope she got lucky.

Guyser used Tackle! (-8 HP)

[5] [sp=male][sp=spraylet] 9/24 [Torrent]
[5] [sp=male][sp=acafia] 10/25 [Overgrow] (-1 Def)