Inactive Casting the Dice
Lion's lips twisted downward both at the status inflicted on his Tinimer, and the last bit of Terry's answer. "Urgh. Well what made you decide to join the revivalists. I don't think most people grow up wanting to be a recruitment agent janitor." Tapping his chin for a bit the teen decided to recall the bug type. "Give it our best shot Toreador! Let's try a Flutter Jump!"
Terry's voice echoed another command outside of the Revivalist building, to which his Makima quickly delivered on. For the most part, he just shrugged at the question, "It's not likely anyone wants to do the hard work, but my old man always told me that you gotta start from square one somewhere if you wanna succeed. I wanna join the leaders of the Revivalists some day and have people look up to me, so I'm doing what I have to do to get there..." he paused, waiting for the round to wrap up.

The scroll wrapped itself around the emerged Curlsa and squeezed as tightly as its paper-like body would allow it to. Toreador was less than impressed and proceeded to pop out of the hold with a jump, trampling quite viciously on the Revivalist's Pokémon as he touched back down.

"Maki could always use some training as well," He finished, looking quite embarrassed of the power of his second choice in Pokémon.

Return, Anasi! Go, Toreador!
Foe Makima used Constrict! (-1 HP)
Toreador used Flutter Jump! It's a critical hit! (-12 HP)

[11] [sp=m] [sp=curlsa] 37/38 [Frisk]
[10] [sp=na] [sp=makima] 10/37 [Levitate] (-1 Sp.Atk)

Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

"... My father said something similar to me as well..." Lion murmured, his voice heavy with memories. Trying to shake away the specters, he continued " So are you just chasing leadership for your own sake, a chance for respect?" Motioning to the fairy type, Toreador prepared to go for another Flutter Jump
Quite dismayed by the rather awful strength of his scroll Pokémon, Terry simply ordered another attack, the same as the last. The battle really wasn't turning out in his favor, so he seemed to focus more on the conversation being held.

"I guess you could say for myself and for the people. I want to be admired and respected, but I want it to be because I've done something great to help the citizens of New Logora." His face blushed a bright red as he for some reason confided another reason for his ambition, saying "I've also never been that popular with the ladies... but, but, what about you? Why are you interested in helping us out??"

His question hung in the air momentarily while Makima grabbed hold of the fairy type once more before receiving an expected pummeling that nearly knocked it out! 

Foe Makima used Constrict! (-1 HP)
Toreador used Flutter Jump! (-7 HP)

[11] [sp=m] [sp=curlsa] 36/38 [Frisk]
[10] [sp=na] [sp=makima] 3/37 [Levitate] (-1 Sp.Atk)

Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

Lion gave a little chuckle as he responded. "Both reasons seem admirable enough to me." The trainer's back tightened as he debated how to answer his opponents question. " I suppose... Well, back home in Kalos my family was involved in some... shady activities." Licking his lips to try and moisten his dry mouth Lion continued "I came to New Logora to have a...fresh start you could say. But I'm looking for a worthy cause to try and repay some of the damage dealt and redeem ourselves. Show my little brother and sister that we can still do good in this world and our past doesn't define."

The young man stood a bit straighter as he finished his spiel, Time to stop running "Good going Tore! Now go and finish it off with a Flutter Jump."
Terry gave a long thoughtful pause. This had suddenly quite decidedly become a much more deep and personal conversation about the "why" of joining than he had anticipated. He stammered a bit and then rethought his response.

"I -- I see.. That is a much more noble reason than a lot of people have for joining the Revivalists. I did not mean to pry that deeply, though I suppose it was a good conversation while it lasted. I would like to applaud you on your purpose, and I hope you are successful in that regard." He then turned his attention to his pokemon. "One more Constrict, Makima."

Giving its all for this last attack, the Makima wrapped itself around the Curlsa again, squeezing as much as it possibly could. Toreador wiggled out once more and jumped on the rolled-up parchment one last time, causing the Scroll pokemon to land on the ground -- lying flat-out and out cold.

Foe Makima used Constrict! (-3 HP)
Toreador used Flutter Jump! (-3 HP)
Makima Fainted.
Anasi gained 82% exp. Anasi grew to level 12!
Toreador gained 82% exp.

[11] [sp=m] [sp=curlsa] 33/38 [Frisk]
[10] [sp=na] [sp=makima] 0/37 [Levitate] (-1 Sp.Atk)

Next: [11] [sp=m] [sp=vulkhet] 46/46 [Flash Fire]

Lion nodded in thanks at his opponent's words, before recalling his fairy type. Toreador pouting as the red beam claimed him. Alright, that must the pre-evolved form of the Pokemon Master Gadari loaned Stark. Time for a rematch, of sorts The Kalosian trainer scanned the fire bird with his pokedex verifying his theory. The young man then proceeded to realize his starter.

After materializing on the battlefield Kovu let out an undulated Howl upon seeing her foe.
The two new(ish) pokemon took to the field, both creatures something that both Trainers had seen before. Terry gave a slight nod toward Lion and ordered his attack to gauge the other fire type's strength. Fighting fire with fire was good defensively, but in this situation, fire attacks wouldn't do anything to the fiery bird on account of his ability. Terry was appreciative that Lion had already recognized that, and was most likely setting up to be a heavy physical hitter. That was a sign of a strategic, and usually good, Trainer. However, as Kovu raised her voice to boost her confidence and her power, Vulkhet jabbed several volleys at the Crocoal -- and missed every single one of them. Terry facepalmed behind his bird and shook his head. Sometimes all you needed was for Lady Luck to look at you the wrong way.

Kovu used Howl! Kovu's Attack rose.
Vulkhet used Fury Attack! It missed. . .

[13] [sp=f] [sp=crocoal] 48/48 [Blaze] (+1 Atk)
[11] [sp=m] [sp=vulkhet] 46/46 [Flash Fire]

OOC: Ordering a tackle
Let's try that again, shall we? Terry ordered another Fury Attack as Kovu sped across the field and Tackled his fire bird onto the ground. The Vulkhet responded by jabbing his beak into the Crocoal's face again. This time, the Vulture pokemon was able to land a few hits, but it seemed as though the only way to get ahead was if he scored on weak spots or made as many hits as he could muster every single time. Because of Kovu's raised spirit and attack power, the Burn Cub pokemon would likely be able to win against her opponent much more easily than he against her. Terry gave a small frown, but didn't comment -- except to encourage his Vulkhet some more.

Kovu used Tackle! (-15 HP)
Vulkhet used Fury Attack!
Hit once! (-3 HP)
Hit Twice! (-4 HP)
Hit Thrice! (-4 HP)

[13] [sp=f] [sp=crocoal] 37/48 [Blaze] (+1 Atk)
[11] [sp=m] [sp=vulkhet] 31/46 [Flash Fire]

"Alright Kovu, Go for another Tackle!" Lion commande,d his fingers twitching as he sense the battle was nearly finished. His eyes flickered over the Revivalist's office space taking in the details of his new... headquarters.
This next round was pretty much a repeat of the last, with Terry trying to give his Vulkhet even more encouragement. Kovu once more barreled into the Vulture pokemon with a full-body blow, and before the fire hyena could get away, the Vulkhet showered her with multiple jabs of his beak. It was quite clear that the Crocoal had the advantage, however, as her attacks were doing much more damage on average.

Kovu used Tackle! (-16 HP)
Vulkhet used Fury Attack!
Hit once! (-3 HP)
Hit Twice! (-4 HP)
Hit Thrice! (-4 HP)
Hit four times! (-3 HP)

[13] [sp=f] [sp=crocoal] 23/48 [Blaze] (+1 Atk)
[11] [sp=m] [sp=vulkhet] 15/46 [Flash Fire]

"One more tackle Kovu!"
Another single Tackle was all that it took for Kovu to finally mop the floor with the Vulkhet's ruby feathers. Terry sighed and withdrew his bird, but then smiled and walked up to Lion, holding out his hand to shake.

"That was a good battle. Thank-you, and I hope you achieve all that you are striving for. The Revivalist's job board is yours and right over there if you'd like to start helping our organization and what we stand for." Terry pointed to a board at the back far wall and then left Lion to his own devices in favor of healing his pokemon at the Pokemon Center.

Kovu used Tackle! (-15 HP)
Vulkhet Fainted.
Kovu gained 71% exp.
Lion received 300P.
Lion successfully completed the Revivalist's test!

[13] [sp=f] [sp=crocoal] 23/48 [Blaze] (+1 Atk)
[11] [sp=m] [sp=vulkhet] 0/46 [Flash Fire]