Inactive The First Day: A Battle of Rivals
INT. HELENA'S HOUSE - DAY

The sun is rising over the town of Lidden and HELENA; a young women in her early 20s with long red hair and big blue eyes, hops out of bed throwing her blankets onto the floor. Her crocoal, being on the foot of the bed, is startled and jumps three feet into the air and lands feet first onto the floor. He glares at Helena but she smiles back.

HELENA
You know what today is?

Helena looks directly into her pokemon's face, eyes wide and smile wider, excitement fills her voice. The Crocoal looks back at her and tilts his head in confusion.

HELENA
Its the day we finally get to leave this town and try to make all the pokemon friends we can! But first I get the feeling that renown trainer Gadari, that lives nearby might have some good tips for us!

Helena dresses into a t-shirt and some black walking pants, and grabs her backpack. She walks out the door with her crocoal following close behind her.

EXT. LIDDEN TOWN - DAY

Helena and her crocoal step out into the town and across  the way they can see CERA; another young women in her early 20s with short blonde hair and bangs covering her left eye. She is wearing all black and has a single pokeball on her belt. Her backpack has a single strap across her shoulder, walk out of her house.

HELENA
CERA! Over here!

Helena jumps snd waves toward Cera, She stops what she is doing and walks over toward Helena.

CERA WILCO
So here we are, finally going to be able to see the world and leave this town behind. I know Gadari has something for us, I was about to head there, would you like to walk with me, beautiful?

Helena nods and smiles at Cera, and the two,embrace eachother in a quick hug. When they let go they begin to walk through the town. Kids are playing with pokemon in their front yards and all the citizens look happy.

HELENA
Cera

Helena stops, looks around at all the nearby homes, and takes a deep breath

HELENA
This is the first time I will ever leave this town. I know I have always fantasized about it, but I don't know, it is all becoming so real. Once we talk to Gadari, life may never be the same again

Helena's crocoal begins to rub against Helena's leg, He purrs as he nuzzles his head against her side.

CERA WILCO
(smiling and slightly laughing)
Oh silly, It will be just fine. I have been to many towns and cities growing up and all of them are magical in their own rite! Besides, you have to try and beat me to getting all the badges and seeing all the pokemons there are to see!

Helena's mouth twinkles with the hint of a smile.

HELENA
You're right! I will not lose to you again. Growing up you may have always won in everything we have done, but that will change today!

The two girls smile at eachother and nod as they continue their way down the street. They get to a big house and walknup to the red front door. Helena raises her hand and knocks three times.

CERA WILCO
I hope Mr. Gadari is home

The crocoal paws at the door as Helena knocks a few more times. The two girls wait in anticipation.
The door slowly creaks open, despite what seemed like a fresh coat of paint on the aged door.

GADARI
Ah, welcome Cera and Helena! I assume you are both treating your new partners well?

The pair of girls nodded and he shoved a box out of the way, allowing the door to open fully and the two to enter. The narrow hallway was filled with boxes that had yet to be sorted or moved since their arrival.

GADARI
I apologize for the mess, we just got a new shipment in of Pokéfood and Incubators for the eggs that we get here.

Nowadays, Gadari was known for breeding Pokémon in Leddin Town, specifically the starters that most trainers claimed before starting their journeys. He ushered the two girls through the hallway to a large open room with small pens and work tables. A sliding door and windows lined the back side of the room, out through which larger Pokémon could be seen interacting with more of his assistants!

CERA
So Mr. Gadari, what is it that you asked us here for?

GADARI
Ah yes, that. I will get to that, but first we need to test something. And that something is your aptitude as trainers. I would like the two of you to have a Pokémon battle outside!

The request was rather sudden, but the girls stood their, listening intently.

GADARI
Now you can do one of two things. You two can use the starter Pokémon that I recently gave to you, or you can borrow some of my assistant's Pokémon and see what it is like to battle with some more matured Pokémon.

The choice was laid out, and two assistants walked over, showcasing the Pokémon that they had prepared for the new trainers in the case that they wanted to take the rentals.

For Helena Wrote:[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 191/191 [Blaze] @ [sp=lumberry]
OT: Gadari
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Coal Scatter, Odor Sleuth, Bite, Incinerate, Taunt, Flame Burst, Stoke, Flamethrower, Crunch

For Cera Wrote:[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 192/192 [Static] @ [sp=rawstberry]
OT: Volunteer
Moves: Growl, Bide, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Spark, Endure, Nuzzle, Swift, Electro Ball, Slack Off, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Dig, Last Resort

OR

[50] [sp=f] [sp=nekhetura] 204/204 [Flash Fire] @ [sp=oranberry]
OT: Volunteer
Moves: Coal Scatter, Leer, Fury Attack, Thief, Snatch, Pluck, Flame Charge, Eagle Eye, Phoenix Fire, Drill Peck

OOC: In character, Cera only gets one choice for her rental, two are presented however since the choice and therefore the difficulty would be up to you. However, you can also battle with your Level 5 starters if that is preferred. Good luck!
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

INT. GADARI'S HOUSE - DAY

The two girls look at eachother, and then back to Mr. Gadari. Helena's eyes are wide and crocoal is shaking a little next to her. Helena looks down at her crocoal and gives him a pet.

HELENA
Hey boy, what do you want to do? Would you like to battle Cera yourself or should we give these rental pokemon a try?

The crocoal looks at Helena and then backs away and lays like a lump on the ground. Helena walks over and scratches his head.

CERA
It is a good opportunity to see where we stand compared to eachother starting our journey. You said earlier; today is the day you stop losing to me. (Grabs a pokeball from one of the assistants) Prove it to me, sweetie.

Helena nods at Cera. Her eyes grow more intense and a more sinister smiles grows across her face.

HELENA
For too long have I been in your shadow. Always finishing second to you. In every race we sprinted, every game we played. Well, today things change. I am always up for a good challenge. (Also grabs the pokeball being offered to her) I love you Cera, but I am not going to hold back!

GADARI
Things are really beginning to heat up, let's take this outside. I don't want any of my things destroyed (laughs nervously)

EXT. GADARI'S BACKYARD - DAY

Helena, Cera, Gadari, and Crocoal walk out into the backyard. Etched in the grass is a battle arena and both girls make their way to each side of the arena. They face eachother and stare toward eachother with determination. Gadari stands off to the side of the arena and grabs a seat. Crocoal follows close behind and sits watching Helena intently.

Wind blows through both girls hair as they stand stareing at eachother. Helena clenches her fist and holds onto the pokeball tighter, Cera does the same.

CERA
I'm glad my first battle is with you. It just feels so fitting. A good send off for the life we are now leaving behind.

Cera throws her pokeball into the center of the arena. A bright red light emits from the ball and out comes a Marazuma.

HELENA
Agreed, this is the perfect send off for the life we are leaving behind. The perfect bookend. Its time for a new chapter. No matter what happens here, I will miss you and always cherish you.

Helena throws her rented pokeball toward the center of the arena, a red light also emerges from the ball and out comes a Burungan. The two pokemon now face eachother, both standing in a position ready to attack.

The wind picks up and the grass can be seen dancing with the wind. Crocoal and Gradari are spectating, crocoal is shaking but his tail is wagging. He runs up to Helena and licks her. She smiles.

HELENA
Its time! Burungan use coal scatter!
As per Helena's instructions, the Burungin attacked by scattering a set of hot coals at the opposing Marazuma. The attack didn't do all that much damage against the electric type's defenses, but Marazuma's follow up attack didn't do as much as intended either. Marazuma discharged a large amount of electricity in all directions, capturing the final form of the fire starter in the blast that didn't act the least bit fazed.

GADARI
Marazuma has quite the boastful defense, but its offensive abilities are lacking as a result. Burungin is a little more balanced, but doesn't appear to be fighting with his forte of special-based attacks just yet. Helena must have been trying to make Cera's partner flinch.

Gadari paused momentarily, realizing that he was narrating the battle out of habit and his only audience member to his words was the Crocoal that was jumping up and down and not really paying attention. The young pup clumsily pretended that he was the one doing the battling while he watched the matured Burungin go back and forth with the Marazuma in a heated battle!

Burungin used Coal Scatter! [-34 HP]
The foe's Marazuma used Discharge![-51 HP]

[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 140/191 [Blaze] @ [sp=lumberry]
[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 158/192 [Static] @ [sp=rawstberry]
Pokémon Turquoise

Helena looked down momentarily while the Burungan looked back at her.

HELENA
That did not go exactly as planned, but that is okay we just need to change our strategy a tiny bit.

Cera also looks slightly disappointed. She scratches her head and looks at her marazuma.

Gadari and Crocoal are watching intently for the next attack. Crocoal looks admirably at the fully evolved Burungan. His tail starts to wag uncontrollably until he combusts into flame in his excitement.

CERA
looks like both of our attacks didn't have our intended outcome. No matter it is just the beginning.

Helena's eyes glare at Cera, her face become more intense.

HELENA
Burungan, lets try something a little different, use flamethrower!

Burungan nods at Helena. Crocoal shakes off the ashes from his recent combustion and is jumping around Gadari.
This time, instead of scattering some coals around, Burungin opens his mouth and with a roar unleashes a line of fire into Marazuma, and the smell of singed fur begins to waft through the room. Despite the damage the attack caused, Marazuma sidles up to Burungin and gives him a Nuzzle. As static electricity is discharged from Marazuma's fur, Burungin's muscles stiffen before he eats the berry he hold, which returns him back to normal. On the sidelines, Gadari nods to himself.

GADARI
And here we have a case of raw power versus strategy. Flamethrower, while dealing a lot of damage, won't do much else most of the time. Nuzzle, on the other hand, doesn't do much damage, but it will always paralyze the target. Well, unless held items get in the way. Yes, a truly skilled Trainer will always remember to factor in held items when choosing their strategy...

While Gadari rambles to himself, the two Pokemon and their temporary Trainers square off for another round of combat.

Burungin used Flamethrower! (-58 HP)
The foe's Marazuma used Nuzzle! (-10 HP)
Burungin was paralyzed!
Burungin ate its Lum Berry! Burungin was cured of paralysis!

[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 130/191 [Blaze]
[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 100/192 [Static] @ [sp=rawstberry]
HELENA
(Slight mocking laughter)
Oh that was a close one Cera. I really thought you had me, but Burungan knows what he is doing. Its going to take more then cuddly cuteness to bring me down.

Helena looks at the Burungan and the Marazuma, she raises her hand and begins to caress her chin, thinking. Her crocoal is off on the sideline trying to mimic the Burungan's flamethrower but to no avail. Eventually the crocoal cumbusts causing Gadari to jump. The crocoal shakes off the ashes on his body lies down next to Gadari's chair, watching the battle intently.

Cera is also looking at the two combatants in the center of the arena. She looks over at Helena and lets out a small smile. She moves her bang out of her eye and notices her Marazuma is also holding a berry.

CERA
It is not over yet, Helena. You can still lose, and if I have any say over it, you will. You may be keeping a calm demeanor but I can see you struggling, in your eyes. Your tactics are not going as planned and you are at a loss of what to do next. I am calling it now, within the next two turns, it is going to be checkmate and this battle will be over. You can save us some time and just forfiet now.

Helena
(Her eyes glare toward Cera and her eye brows scrunch)
I am not giving up that easy. This time, you're wrong about me. It will not be checkmate that easily. Burungan! We got this, I believe in you! Cera, I am surprised you think so little of my ability. I always have something up my sleeve. Burungan! Use crunch!

The Burungan nods at Helena and rushes into the field.
OOC: Just an FYI that Burungin is spelled with an i at the end. :P

With the mid-battle banter over for the time being, the two opposing Pokémon exchange blows once more. This time around, Burungin dashed to the right and back at the Marazuma, sinking his teeth into the static squirrel. A smirk appeared slyly on Cera's face within the next few moments as Burungin was sent spiraling back by a discharge of electricity in the form of a spherical field at point blank range.

CERA
You fell for our trap! We let you get close for a reason!

It was by some miracle that Burungin still found himself in full control of his muscles. Not only did he risk paralysis from biting into the opponent, but the discharge at close range could have easily left him paralyzed as well.

GADARI
Smart thinking indeed. Marazuma is the type of Pokémon that plays well defensively, given its static nature. A Pokémon like that is best dealt with at a distance.

Crocoal seemed a little disappointed, but still attempted to imitate the strong-looking crunch attack. Unfortunately for Gadari, his leg happened to be the practice target, which resulted in him flailing his leg in every direction and releasing old grunting noises in the process.

Burungin used Crunch! (-37 HP)
The foe's Marazuma used Discharge! (-51 HP)

[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 79/191 [Blaze]
[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 63/192 [Static] @ [sp=rawstberry]
Pokémon Turquoise

OOC: sorry, I didnt realize I had been doing that. I'll start spelling Burugin right now but I think Helena will still say it "Burungan" that is her accent now lol

Burungin looks back at Helena and shakes his head. Helena lowers her head and stares at the ground, her hand on her forehead. The wind blows through her hair and waves behind her. Burungin looks hurt and his hair is standing straight up from the static of the discharge. Marazuma is looking just as beat up. Teeth marks can be seen where Burungin crunched.

Gadari is still shaking off his leg and Crocoal is rubbing his head against it trying to say sorry. Gadari pets crocoal and his tail begins to wag vigorously.

CERA
Helena, What were you thinking? You know Marazuma is a defensive pokemon. You need to remember to use your head. If you expect to win anything you cant just say the first thing that comes to your head. You always do that. As your friend I want to see you succeed. I truly do believe in you, but as your rival; you better not make the same mistake, I will,use it against you

Helena looks up at Cera, her face frowning, and a tear rolling down her cheek. Crocoal runs out onto the battle field and rubs up against Helena. She kneels down and pets him. A smile begins to form on her face. She picks up the crocoal and hugs him.

HELENA
You know what little guy, I am going to call you lumpy, because you are an adorable little lump and i love you for that. Thank you lumpy!

She puts Lumpy on the ground and he wags his tail and sits beside her waiting to see what is next. Gadari has a hint of a smile across his face.

HELENA
Cera. As a friend thank you for th advice. I really will take it to heart. As a rival, well, giving me mid-battle tips may just be your down fall. BURUNGAN! Stay back and use Flame thrower!

OOC: Helena nicknamed her Crocoal, Lumpy haha can that be updated in my RPG profile?
Adapting his strategy at Helena's command, Burungin backs off, exhaling a scorching burst of flame over Marazuma, leaving him with a nasty-looking burn. However, the quick-thinking rodent is able to treat the burned area with the juices of his rawst berry, preventing it from bothering him. He fires off a quick jolt of electricity, then falls to the ground, breathing heavily. The attack appears to have done its job, though, as Burungin's muscles tense and his movements slow.
CERA
This is it now, Helena! The next round decides it! Think carefully about your next move if you want to win!

Burungin used Flamethrower! (-60 HP)
The foe's Marazuma was burned!
The foe's Marazuma ate its Rawst Berry! It was cured of its burn!
Marazuma used Thunder Wave!
Burungin was paralyzed!

[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 79/191 [Blaze] [PAR]
[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 3/192 [Static]
Burungin's muscles are stiff and the pokemon stands there, stareing at marazuma, his neck muscles twitching as it tries to turn its head toward Helena. Helena's face turns into an instant frown as she sees the pokemon struggle to move, She starts to run onto the battle field but remembers the fight is still going and stops. Lumpy is shaking looking at the fully evolved Burungin struggle.

HELENA
Burungin! I believe in you! You can pull through and win this. Just focus on the objective. Use a flame burst and finish it!!!

Cera lets out a laugh at Helena's command.

CERA
It's over
OOC: Hi. : ) lol.

Due to the paralyzing wave from the last round, Burungin was slow to move, even slower than the Marazuma. The large hyena pokemon went forward in order to blow his flames, but suddenly, the electric squirrel was nowhere to be found! Cera was sure that this would be it, and that she would win once again.

CERA
You lose, Helena! It’s all over now!

The foe's Marazuma used Dig! Marazuma disappeared underground.
Burungin used Flame Burst, but missed!

[50] [sp=m] [sp=burungin] 79/191 [Blaze] [PAR]
[50] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 3/192 [Static]
CERA
I’m sorry Helena. Your pokemon has become slow and there is nothing you can do. With this next move, you’ll see it is over!

Burungin has a look of confusion on his face. He is moving his head, slowly looking around the battlefield. Marazuma is nowhere to be seen. Helena’s face is still. She is observing the battle field as well. Helena sits in a full lotus position, her hands in her lap making a circle. She pictures the battle in her mind.

INT. HELENA’S MIND – DAY

The battlefield around Helena disappears, she can see the energies of Cera, Burungin, Gadari, Lumpy, and Marazuma. She sees the Marazuma tunneling under the battlefield. It looks as if it is heading toward Burungin. 

HELENA V.O. (voice over)
The only way I can win this battle is by tanking a hit, If Burungin can withstand the next attack he might be able to get in the final blow. Before he got paralyzed he was quicker than the Marazuma, but now he is slower, That might just be our advantage.
Helena, opens her eyes and stands back up.
EXT. GADARI’S BACKYARD - DAY

HELENA
Burungan! We can win this still. Cera This next play will end everything. Burungan! Tank the hit from the Marazuma, When he pops out of the ground give him a nice Crunch and end this! I believe in you! You are strong Burungan!

CERA
That will never work, Marazuma will win!

HELENA
We shall see.
Having a hiding opponent was no fun, especially if there was really no way to counter the attack. Unless you were Helena, that is. Confidence came from her and Burungin picked up on it, even though he could not detect where Marazuma could possibly pop up. Although being a moving target might help, it wouldn’t help the fire typed hyena. For Helena, he stayed mostly still, waiting. Marazuma launched himself from the ground, throwing Burungin back and making him stumble. It looked as though the attack, coupled with his paralysis, was going to take Burungin down, but he suddenly swung around and Crunched down on the closest thing of the electric squirrel, which just so happened to be his tail. Unable to withstand that last pain, Marazuma keeled over, making the winner of the battle clear.

Marazuma attacked with Dig! It’s a critical hit! (-72 HP)
Burungin used Crunch! (-3 HP)
Marazuma fainted! 
Helena won the battle!
Helena received 1000P and a [sp=rarecandy].

[50] [sp=male] [sp=burungin] 7/191 [Blaze] [PAR]
[50] [sp=male] [sp=marazuma] 0/192 [Static]

GADARI
Congratulations, Helena. It seems a little bit of faith in your pokemon can go a long way.

Gadari winked at the two young women and handed some money and a blue-wrapped candy to Helena. He wished both Trainers well on their Journeys and gathered his rental pokemon back into their pokeballs. preparing to go back inside the building.
Brick 
INT. GADARI'S HOUSE - DAY

Helena and Cera follow Gadari inside. Lumpy close behind Helena's heels.

CERA
Helena! You did it!

HELENA
This is only the beginning, we still have far to go. But you and this battle have given me,the confidence I need to move forward. Thank you Cera!

CERA
You're welcome, but before you start your journey meet me at my house, I have something for you and Lumpy.

Helena nods and hugs Cera as Cera leaves. She then turns to Gadari who hands her some money for winning and a rare candy.

HELENA
Thank you for everything sir.

Helena bows and leaves the house.

EXT. LEDDIN TOWN - DAY

Helena and lumpy run through the city a smile wide across her face. She nears her house and a man stands out side. HENRY, an older man walks toward helena.

HENRY
I heard you won your first pokemon battle, i couldn't be more proud of you. you're finally becoming your own person. And now you get to start your jourmey. Where do you plan to go?

HELENA
Thank you dad. It felt so good winning! Lumpy amd I are going to go take the ferry and head toward versorecto city.

HENRY
Well, before you leave it is time I pass on your mother's mala beads to you. Use them to remember to stay in the moment and also to remember your family is here with you.

Helena takes the beads from her father and places them around her neck. She hugs her dad close and then kisses him on the forhead before leaving.

EXT. CERA'S HOUSE - DAY

Cera runs toward Helena holding a pokeball in her hand.

CERA
Helena, before you leave, I want to give you this.

Helena grabs the pokeball from Cera and puts her thumb on the button. She throws the ball and a red light emerges from the ball revealing a pachirisu. She is a cute little blue electric pokemon with yellow electric pockets on her cheeks.  She runs around Helena's legs and jumps up i to her arms nuzzling her cheek with her forhead. 

HELENA
Cera, she is adorable. I don't know what to say. Thank you.

CERA
This is my gift to you for starting your journey. I know you're leaving the islan, this way you can take a part of me with you.

HELENA
I will take good care of her and i'll miss you! I neex to go catch the ferry, I hope we will meet again my friend.

Helena and Cera embrace and Lumpy and pachirisu circle eachother and sniff at eachother. Then they nuzzle eachother and lay next to eachother.

EXT. FERRY STATION - DAY

Helena gives lumpy his rare candy and walks toward the ferry

OOC: Helena levels Lumpy up with her rare candy will that be available on the next island?

Mod Note: Lumpy is now level 6! Yes, he'll be level 6 at the next island.