Six: Of Ghosts and Ghouls
OOC: Trainer for now. Thanks!

<<Continuing from Fulgurok Mountains>>
Pokémon Turquoise
Administrator | Friendly Dude | Resident Ghost Humanoid
Feel free to PM me for anything you might need

Currently: HERE | Until: The Foreseeable Future

"Yo, you busy?" a feminine voice called out. Not too far away you could see a woman sitting and waving you over, a parasol set up to give her shade, and sitting atop her over-sized backpack was an odd bat-like creature.

"Hey, we just came off the mountains and I'd like to see how well my buddy fights in his new body. Mind giving me a hand?"

[Image: Spr_B2W2_Backpacker_F.png]
Random backpacker chick wants to battle!
[16] [sp=female] [sp=transmite] 58/58 [Anticipation]
OOC: Invicunya in with Frostbite.
Pokémon Turquoise

Transmite came right out of the gate with a strange screeching noise directed right at Invicunya. Invicunya then staggered around, seemingly perplexed by the sound, but nonetheless managed to swing a chilly hoof in Transmite's direction, doing some serious damage.

The foe's Transmite used Supersonic!
Invicunya was confused!
Invicunya is confused!
Invicunya used Frostbite! It's super effective! (-32 HP)

[15] [sp=f][sp=invicunya] 58/58 [Tough Hide] @ [sp=aspearberry] (Confused, 3 more turns)
[16] [sp=female] [sp=transmite] 26/58 [Anticipation]
OOC: Another frostbite! I will test my luck.
Pokémon Turquoise

With the Long Coat pokemon in a daze, Transmite was sent on the attack. Diving with wings spread, the bat monster struck Invicunya's side with a wicked Wing Attack!

Struggling through her confused state, wound up for another frosty strike... Only to start facepalming herself with her icy hoof.

The foe's Transmite used Wing Attack! (-15 HP)
Invicunya is confused!
Invicunya hit herself in her confusion... (-6 HP)

[15] [sp=f][sp=invicunya] 37/58 [Tough Hide] @ [sp=aspearberry] (Confused, 2 more turns)
[16] [sp=female] [sp=transmite] 26/58 [Anticipation]
OOC: Another Frostbite
Pokémon Turquoise

Despite having a much more useful attack, Transmite gave an aerial headbutt in the form of a Tackle attack, but it was no where near as useful as it's previous assault.

A shame the elec-bat couldn't do more against this troublesome foe, because this was the last chance it would get. Fighting through her befuddled state, Invicunya unleashed another freezing kick that stopped the Sensor Bat cold.

The foe's Transmite used Wing Attack! (-15 HP)
Invicunya is confused!
Invicunya used Frostbite! It's super effective! (-26 HP)
Transmite fainted! Invicunya gained 113 exp!
Invicunya leveled up!
Random Trainer person sent out Auriole!

[16] [sp=f][sp=invicunya] 40/61 [Tough Hide] @ [sp=aspearberry] (Confused, 1 more turns)
[16] [sp=female] [sp=transmite] 0/58 [Anticipation]
Next: [17] [sp=male] [sp=auriole] 56/56 [Technician]
OOC: Transmite should have 0 health in the trainer's party, just don't want someone to get confused later lol...

FROSTBITE AHOY!
Mod Note: Derp x.x Fixed
Pokémon Turquoise

The backpacking lady whose name doesn't matter called for her second pokemon, the tiny two-toned avian finding this to be a horrible idea due to his opponent's typing. Hoping to buy a turn or two, Auriole was told to Sing, and sing it did. Singing its little heart out, both trainer and birb were surprised to find the long-furred alpaca flop over, snoozing peacefully thanks to the lullaby.

55 accuracy. Everyone should be surprised. Everyone.

The foe's Auriole used Sing!
Invicunya fell asleep...
Invicunya is fast asleep. Awww~

[16] [sp=f][sp=invicunya] 40/61 [Tough Hide] @ [sp=aspearberry] (Confused, 1 more turn) (Asleep, 1 more turn)
[17] [sp=male] [sp=auriole] 56/56 [Technician]
OOC: Welp, I guess Frostbite until she wakes up and murderslays since it's only a turn.
Pokémon Turquoise

While Invicunya slumbered, Auriole was able to get in a Wing Attack and a Peck, doing a lot of damage. When Invicunya finally awoke, not only was she reeling from the damage, but still suffering from the aftereffects of confusion. When she tried to make an attack, she instead tripped over her own feet, and did not get up.

The foe's Auriole used Wing Attack! (-25 HP)
Invicunya is fast asleep.
The foe's Auriole used Peck! (-10 HP)
Incivunya woke up!
Invicunya is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion (-6 HP)
Invicunya fainted!

[16] [sp=f][sp=invicunya] 0/61 [Tough Hide] @ [sp=aspearberry]
[17] [sp=male] [sp=auriole] 56/56 [Technician]
OOC: I'm not really sure if confusion's counter would drop or not while Invicunya is sleeping (I originally thought it would), but two wing attacks would have KOed Invi apparently so meh lol.

Finnial out with thundershock.
Pokémon Turquoise

OOC: According to Bulbapedia, the turns remaining of confusion only decrease on attacking turns, so it doesn't decrease while asleep unless you use Snore or Sleep Talk.

Riding the high of defeating a foe while at a disadvantage, Auriole tried unsuccessfully to startle Finnial into not even attacking him this turn. Finnial was having none of it, and responded with a swift, efficient Thundershock, knocking the bird down a peg or two.

The foe's Auriole used Astonish! (-11 HP)
Finnial used Thunder Shock! It's super effective! (-32 HP)

[17] [sp=f][sp=finnial] 48/59 [Lightningrod]
[17] [sp=male] [sp=auriole] 24/56 [Technician]
OOC: Most thundershock to take this damn bird down. it's put up quite a fight for the last year.
Pokémon Turquoise

Since scaring the thunder reptilian accomplished nothing, Auriole went in for an all-or-nothing gambit with its best attack! Blasting through Finnial with wings outstretched, its Wing Attack seemed to do a lot more than even Auriole expected, but in the end, it still wasn't enough. With one last bolt of static, Auriole fell to the ground, writhing before laying still.

With a huff, the backpacker recalled her birb and released her final pokemon; a tall squirrel-like creature, its cheeks releasing sparks as it stared Finnial down.

The foe's Auriole used Wing Attack! It's not very effective... (-17 HP)
Finnial used Thunder Shock! It's super effective! (-24 HP)

Foe Auriole fainted!
Finnial gained 100 exp, and grew to level 18! 
Trainer sent out Marazuma!

[18] [sp=f][sp=finnial] 34/62 [Lightningrod]
[17] [sp=male] [sp=auriole] 0/56 [Technician]

Last up: [15] [sp=male] [sp=marazuma] 64/64 [Static]
An electric type, huh, Nik thought. It was obvious that Finnial wouldn't have any sort of upperhand against the puffy ball of static, but neither would any of his other Pokémon.

Finnial perked her head up with a chipper victory cry, and turned to her trainer with a fire in get eyes. She thought she could pull off another victory, and it actually didn't seem like an awful idea with her Lightning rod ability and immunity to paralysis from the Marazuma.

"Alright then," he conceded. He was concerned about the electric type's health, but was ready to take her out of the battle or to heal her if necessary. "Let's keep 'em scared with another bite!" Finnial hadn't been with Nik for long, but she had a willful personality that he admired. He was curious to know if she had any quirky traits that would show themselves outside of battle

OOC: Bite please :)
Pokémon Turquoise

"Hmm. Staying with the electric type. . This might be an issue." The female backpacker thought out. "Okay, Marazuma, let's wait it out." She called out after weighing her options.

The two electric types stared each down, Finnial giving a cocky grin before running toward the larger creature and opening her jaws wide for a big Bite. The Marazuma did nothing but take the hit, and sat as still as possible -- concentrating on the power that he was gathering.

Marazuma used Bide! Marazuma is waiting.
Finnial used Bite! (-5 HP)
Marazuma is storing energy! (+5 HP)

[18] [sp=f][sp=finnial] 34/62 [Lightningrod]
[15] [sp=m] [sp=marazuma] 59/64 [Static] [Bide: 5 HP, 1/2]

OOC: Did I use that correctly? Just wondering. . .