It's been 3,000 years...
[Image: az-3000-years-phoenix.jpg]

Hello again, Turquoise. Been a while, hasn't it? Not quite three thousand years a year, but far too long by my estimation. When I realized the site was creeping up on its third anniversary, I figured enough was enough.

I wish I had some deep and relatable reason to give you guys as an explanation for why I've been gone, and the first version of this post was a lot longer than this, but the gist of it is a combination of burnout, some personal bumps in the road and just being more interested in other things. The thought of actually participating in the site just felt kind of... tiring? I dunno. It's a thing that happens to me sometimes, I guess, and it's nothing to do with any of you guys or Turquoise itself. And I'm always distracted by so many other ideas for creative endeavors—other stories, other worldbuilding projects, other regions, even a nagging desire to revamp the Phoenixdex version of New Logora and start it from scratch—that it's a little difficult to keep moving forward with something I've worked on for years and am no longer as satisfied with as I once was.

"Burnout" is probably the best single word I can come up with to describe it, then. It is what it is, but it also doesn't excuse my vanishing from the face of the forums without even a brief explanation. I can only apologize and hope that you guys can accept that apology. I'm sure quite a few of you are annoyed with me, and you have every right to be.

A huge thanks to Taav and the rest of the staff for keeping things running smoothly for all this time—the site does not appear to have burned to the ground, and if my memory of you guys is still accurate after 3000 years then that makes him a god damn hero :p—and another huge thanks to those of you who've stuck around even with the plotline and all the rest having ground to a halt. Even if things have slowed down a bit, you all seem to be enjoying yourselves, and that's fantastic. It's been three thousand years (okay, fine, I'll stop now) and it's still amazing to me that other people take time out of their day to explore and create a cozy community around my silly little trainwreck of a fan region.

I wish I could say that I was making a grand return and bearing gifts of huge storyline events and fun promos and a brand new car for every member of the studio audience. I'm not, unfortunately. I'd be lying if I said that all my enthusiasm for New Logora and Turquoise has returned yet, and I don't want to lie to you guys on top of having bailed on you. But I will say that I'm committed to keeping this place up and running as long as its members are having fun here. It's going to take a while for me to get back up to speed, but please don't hesitate to bring up any suggestions or concerns you might have, either to me or to the other members of the staff. You guys are a very creative bunch, and I can only imagine the sorts of interesting ideas you might have. I do actually have a few ideas for tapping into that creativity, assuming you're interested and I'm capable of getting it all together.

Turquoise has a wonderful community in spite of all the miscellaneous bumps in the road, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as the rest of you are interested.

It's good to see you guys again.
[Image: sig.gif]
Woah... it's a wild Phoenixsong! Where'd that darn Master Ball run off to?

It's awesome to see you back, PS! Even if you're not back in full-spirit with events and complimentary cars, I'm glad you decided to pop in out of the blue to let us know what you've been up to. I completely understand the burnout feeling too - there's no shame in losing interest and motivation in a project after working on it a few years (I'm one to talk - I drop a project every week or so). I hope your passion for NL and Turquoise is reignited sometime in the future, but that can certainly wait for another time (but preferably not another 3,000 years from now).

We have plenty of things to update you on, though not too much has changed since I was promoted to admin and every other admin proceeded to systematically drop off the face of the universe immediately afterwards, so I imagine you'll be up to speed fairly quickly.

Many thanks for the praise. I'm glad I turned out to be of some help to this community as admin, and I won't be going anywhere anytime soon - so I'll try to keep it that way. I definitely want to extend a thank you of my own to the new global mods for stepping up to the plate and filling some of the void that I wasn't able to fill, the updating team for working to solve some of the activity problems we've been having lately, and the rest of the active community for their insane levels of patience. A special thumbs up to Hawkman for suggesting and starting up the Turquoise Discord server, because it's awesome and I think it has been a huge boon for our activity.

Okay, I'm done for now. Apology accepted, of course, and welcome back PS!
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.