Pokemon Sun & Moon
So the 20th anniversary Pokemon Direct was today and Nintendo/GameFreak revealed the next games, and the Leaks were true, the next main series games are Pokemon Sun and Moon. We will be seeing Gen 7 this year Holiday 2016.

Given that my (RL) name means Sun, I am contractually obligated to get that version.

New Generations are always fun, and X&Y were tremendous disappointments to me, so I’m kind of glad we’re moving on. But on the other I would’ve liked to see GF try and close some of the holes with Z/XZYZ/X2Y2. But hey maybe the theory that it takes place in PokeSpain and we go to Kalos in the post-game is true. Which would also be interesting as I have Lion being from Southern Kalos.
So, I'm officially a fool. I blame my paranoia for that one.

Maybe it's not Poke-Spain, but Poke-Germany or Poke-Italy? Or Poke-Britain? Or somewhere completely else? Maybe it has nothing to do with XY, and all of those issues will be resolved before it's release? Did anyone notice, these were some pretty detailed car models in the dev footage?
And Zygarde, like Meloetta, might be an anime-only thing.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
I didn't see the car models? .... Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.... Who else is going to buy one of the original games on the eshop?

Also, I'll still be a bit wary. I'm not exactly sure these are real games yet... ^^()
What do you mean Meloetta might be an anime-only thing? I'm pretty sure she was in the games.

Kaelyn, these are actual games. Even Nintendo said so.
IDK, Kaelyn. It did smell fishy just two hours ago, and I'm still not on the hype train, but it managed to move me off the tracks, at least.
By meloetta being anime only I mean that she doesn't get a movie neither a relevant plotline in the games. She's just... There.
Also, here. I went through the pain and get you all the screenshots of stuff. You can speculate now, and I want something in return for my hard work.
Sorry for the youtube stuff too.

Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
(02-26-2016, 12:02 PM)Kaelyn Wrote: I didn't see the car models? .... Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.... Who else is going to buy one of the original games on the eshop?

Also, I'll still be a bit wary. I'm not exactly sure these are real games yet... ^^()

I wasn't planning on it, but since they also announced that they are PokemonBank compatible and transferable to Sun & Moon (but apparently not XYORAS) I might actually get them.
(02-26-2016, 01:19 PM)Thunderfox Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 12:02 PM)Kaelyn Wrote: I didn't see the car models? .... Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.... Who else is going to buy one of the original games on the eshop?

I wasn't planning on it, but since they also announced that they are PokemonBank compatible and transferable to Sun & Moon (but apparently not XYORAS) I might actually get them.

That compatibility is probably the only reason I'd get them... Though I wonder which one I should get? x3
(02-26-2016, 01:36 PM)Kaelyn Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 01:19 PM)Thunderfox Wrote:

That compatibility is probably the only reason I'd get them... Though I wonder which one I should get? x3
All, obviously. Or just the one you first played. Or Yellow and one other if you didn't play any Gen 1. From the two I'd recommend Blue, 'cause Vulpix
So I'm curious whats people hopes and expectations are for this new Generation.

-New Evolutions and pre-evos of existent Pokemon: I hope Mega-Evolution hasn't totally replaced this for everyone except the Eevee line or else I dislike the concept even more than I already do. Atleast odd-numbered generations tend to have bigger and better dexes, so hopefully it continues that tradition. It can't be any worse than Kalos... I hope.

-Dark Gym: This comes up every generation but TPCI/Gamefreak haven't delivered yet

-Better Story: I recognize the series will never have a world changing story-line (outside the Manga), but I felt like X&Y were a step back from D/P/Pt and B/W. Better characterization of both the Rival and the Evil Team, whether they go back to a more simplistic view like Rocket or keep on the grandiose path, ether one works for me, so long as it is done relatively well.

-More Save-States: I don't know if this will ever happen. But as someone who doesn't care about online battling and just likes to go through the vanilla game a few times, I'd love not to have to erase my progress every-time. PokemonBank helps push this down my list but still, it's a feature I'd like.

-More involved/complete post-game and challenging campaign: Another of those desires the community constantly brings up, that I mostly share.
(02-26-2016, 03:54 PM)Thunderfox Wrote: -New Evolutions and pre-evos of existent Pokemon: I hope Mega-Evolution hasn't totally replaced this for everyone except the Eevee line or else I dislike the concept even more than I already do. Atleast odd-numbered generations tend to have bigger and better dexes, so hopefully it continues that tradition. It can't be any worse than Kalos... I hope.
That I look forward too, however can we consider 6.5 an odd number? It's not even that's for sure(Just kidding, I'm with the people of the seventh generations. I mean, for chrissakes, consoles are on, what, ninth, we gotta catch up, like, fast!)
Quote:-Dark Gym: This comes up every generation but TPCI/Gamefreak haven't delivered yet
Might be beacause in Japan Dark type is Evil type, and they don't want to make a straightforward Evil gym leader. Good think fans don't have this concern, right?
Quote:-Better Story: I recognize the series will never have a world changing story-line (outside the Manga), but I felt like X&Y were a step back from D/P/Pt and B/W. Better characterization of both the Rival and the Evil Team, whether they go back to a more simplistic view like Rocket or keep on the grandiose path, ether one works for me, so long as it is done relatively well.
Again, I think that XY was definietely lackluster, except for the Big Boss Lysandre himself, who I consider a neat character, if not well done. Also, if it is 6.5, then maybe they'll make X the canon one and he'll return? IDK. But yeah, in that regard, Gen VI falls short compared to it's two direct predecessors. Excluding the Delta episode, but can we really count it? Though then again, XY were just playable demos of ORAS(/SM?), whaddya expect?
Quote:-More Save-States: I don't know if this will ever happen. But as someone who doesn't care about online battling and just likes to go through the vanilla game a few times, I'd love not to have to erase my progress every-time. PokemonBank helps push this down my list but still, it's a feature I'd like.
I think at this point a single save state is a tradition in the series. Which I personally like, it makes the game more... Well, it has a certain, like a Kalosian would say, I dunno what.
Quote:-More involved/complete post-game and challenging campaign: Another of those desires the community constantly brings up, that I mostly share.
Again I bring up playable demo. Looker questline was good though. ORAS postgame was awesome. Except for the lack of battle frontier. Maybe SM will have it?
(02-26-2016, 12:32 PM)Inquisitor Wrote: Also, here. I went through the pain and get you all the screenshots of stuff. You can speculate now, and I want something in return for my hard work.
Sorry for the youtube stuff too.

I did it for you this time, but if you post excessively large images, make sure they're wrapped inside a spoiler. Alternatively, just post them as links.

This looks really interesting, though I don't have a lot to say on it since I haven't been playing the main games lately (my copy of Omega Ruby still sits in my drawer, unopened). I was talking to some people about it today, and I was stunned to learn that the e-shop versions of RBY would transfer to Sun and Moon. That's awesome, though I wonder how they will deal with stat/mechanic changes that have accumulated over the generations.

Still doesn't allow me to transfer my Pokemon from my Yellow cartridge, but neat regardless.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

i sow ant trainer customization back TT
[Image: lK4eE2i.png]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn25hijDL7c

Ok, so it's official we're heading to the Alola Region, which is based off Hawai'i on November 18th, 2016. We also got our starter pokemon confirmed

-Rowlet a Grass/Flying owl
-Litten a Fire cat
-Popplio a water sea lion/seal

Obviously going to wait for more stages but I like Rowlet, despite the 4x Ice weakness, and Litten but I'm not really a fan of Popplio, but we'll see. We also got our first looks at our cover Legendaries, a Lion for Sun and a Bat-like creature for Moon. I think the Solagaleo, and Lunaala names that leaked a couple weeks ago are legit.

Oh and the Japanese Trailer seemed to confirm at least some form of trainer confirmation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0_F-_ClcQ
Woohoo! Second Hoenn!
Woohoo! Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters as Legendaries!
Woohoo! Weird robotic-looking lion!
Woohoo! Alien bat-abomination!
Woohoo! An owl!
Woohoo! Lava Cat! Internet Exploded!
Woohoo! Silly circus seal!
Woohoo! The wierd looking dude that presents you the starters!
The starters look very promising so far! It's always hard to tell from the pre-evolutions, but I really like Rowlet and Litten. Popplio looks fine too, though I'm more interested in seeing what it evolves into.

Also, I was expecting a much latter release date! This is great news, though I'll have to wait until early December anyway to finish school before starting the game.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Well then, the new trailer is out with new info on the legendaries and some of the characters.

Thoughts?
That Lilly girl is ridiculously suspicious... I daresay, I smell plot. And I can smell plot from miles away.
Also, dayum that professor's even finer than Sycamore.
Shame that the abilities are simply rehashes of Clear Body and Multiscale, but eh.
I wonder what's the "Unaffected by abilities" part of attacks about?
Also, that Rotom Pokedex is sick, and I want one, like now.
Maybe it'll null the opponent's ability after you use it?
things happened at e3 i guess

Here's what we found out at E3:

- Magearna has the Soul-Heart ability, which acts like a special version of Moxie - however, opponents do not have to be KO'd by Magearna, and defeated allies count towards to boosts, too.
- Solgaleo and Lunala have these phase things that look extremely irrelevant for the time being.
- Ledyba is part of early game mons
- At long last, they've fixed the terrible battle UI. Now you can look at stat boosts while in battle, and see the effectiveness of your moves against your opponent (assuming you have fought the opponent pokemon before)
- We found out what the wireframe bird is: Pipipek, the (assumingly) generic first-route bird mon. Normal/Flying, gets Keen Eye/Skill Link.
- Yungoose, the (assumingly) generic first-route rodent mon, is pure Normal type, and has disturbing similarities with Donald Trump. Gets Stakeout/Strong Jaw.
- Grubbin is (assumingly) the generic early-game bug mon. Pure Bug type, gets Swarm as its ability.
- also new zygarde forms but we saw those before