Poll: Would you be interested in participating in a forum tabletop RPG campaign or one-shot?
This poll is closed.
Yes
83.33%
10 83.33%
No
0%
0 0%
If it gets going I'll tag along.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pokemon Aligned - Forum Tabletop RPG(stuff thread)
Hmm... Okay, since most people suggested postponing it an hour or so, how about 7.30 PM GMT?
Also, expect the campaign intro and resources for character creation to drop by today.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
12:30pm MST works fine for me!
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Works for me.
That should work for me as well.
So that would be what time here?
One dark night in the middle of the day,
two dead boys went out to play.
Back to back, they faced each other,
drew their swords, and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the shot
and came and got them two dead boys.
If you don’t believe this story that’s true,
ask any blind man; he saw it, too.

[spoiler=Vocabularic Genius & Wisdom]
Favorite Words
Agathokakological, Deleterious, Discombobulated, Existential Cessation, Impugn,
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

[Image: ruur2ot.gif]

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

The American way is lost.
There is only the commercial way,
which has become a communist capitalism
concealed behind a thin veil of democracy.
[/spoiler]
At your's, Kraken? I think it'd be... 11.30, if I was to belive the clock on your profile.
Huh. Suppose I promised, right?
A Framing Device Wrote:“The region of Sanahin. One of the most populated and and fastest developing regions. Home of many big and small buisnesses, where people from all over the world come to for an opportunity to achieve greatness. Rapidly progressing industrialization, however, does not interfere with the region’s wildlife and natural habitats, thanks to restricting policies put by government. This makes the land a giant checker of great urban complexes and wide patches of untamed land, with one or two smaller settlements within a couple square miles. The region’s main landmarks are:
Nile City: The region’s capital, and the central hub of big buisnesses and politics. One of the world’s biggest cargo ports.
Voltava City: The so cold “Capital of Education”, famous for it’s many schools and the Voltava University. It’s placement directly at the feet of Mt. Muhana and many prime examples of architecture from various periods make it a popular tourist resort. It is also where the local professor, Professor Spruce resides.
Loare Town: Small suburban town in the middle of the Srot Forest, a place of many pilgrimages, famous for it’s shrine associated with the miracle caused by one of the legendary pokemon. Opinions about the identity of the legandary vary among groups, ranging from Arceus, through Celebi and Shaymin, to Goomy.
Mt. Muhana: The regions tallest mountain, a single height rising from the middle of the plains, and a holy place for ancient tribes inhabiting what would later become Sanahin. Filled with vast underground caverns, tunnels and abandoned mines, all interconnected and none 100% explored.”
From: “Places to Train: A Youngster’s pocket geography compendium”.

There is however more to the region than just this. A couple months ago, a group emerged. At first seemingly another criminal group the likes of Team Rocket or Team Flare, utilizing typical methods for this kind of organized crime, amongst which were included raids, property damage, and a kidnapping or two, their activities suddenly stopped. The issue was thought to be dealt with. Not for long. Two weeks ago…
The stage set up in the middle of Nile’s Dekhakar Plaza was surrounded by crowds upon crowds of people. All of them wanted to see the event. In the back of the stage, some of the most important guests sat. Amongst them were Carol Finee, the Champion of the Sanahin League, Kiril Yurce, chancellor of Voltava University, and the star of the day. Mr. Joshua Zarec, owner, president and CEO of Zarec Corporation and it’s many subsidaries. To be decorated with the Order for Merit of the Fatherland.
He waited patiently through the speech, and when called, rose from his seat and approached governor Ifaz. She picked up the medal from the velvet pillow it laid upon, and at that very moment, a large shadow covered the sun, and all was silenced by the noise of the wind and leathery wind flapping above.
Most of the people present, and certainly alll those on the stage looked up, only to see a Salamence, approaching with a rope ladder in it’s jaws. On the ladder, there was standing an individual who could best be described as… Peculiar. He wore a clearly worn winter trenchcoat, face ski mask, a felted papakha and to add to the suit’s overall unusualness, a pair of welding goggles sat upon his nose. As the ladder descended above a foot above the stage, he stepped down, and at the same moment Pokemon started popping up in the crowd. Yet, no pocket monsters were allowed to the event, for security measures.
I’m sorry, but who the hell are you!? - Screamed at him the governor. Wasn’t a pleasant thing to hear, since there were speakers placed all over the plaza, and she still had the microphone attached to her collar.
You might call me… Chelovek. - At this point, at least some of the guests got up and started moving towards the man. One wave of his hand, and they all were quickly stopped by a sticky web of silk.
The origin of the web was a Galvantula, which emerged from the Pokeball on the man’s belt and was now sitting on his back. The critter crawled onto the outstretched hand, and jumped onto the floor. By now, he, governor Ifaz and mr. Zarec were the only ones standing on the stage.
Now. If you’ll excuse me and move, ms. governor. - Ifaz stood there unfazed.
Not until you explain to me what to Arceus is going on! - The Galvantula took a step to the left, a ball of electricity charging in it’s mandibles.
Now. - Said the men in the trenchcoat. And the ball launched forward. And the governor leapt to her right. And all faded to black… Black… Black...
Two days after the Governor’s death, the vicegovernor Raoul Summis was chosen as her successor. He promptly declared a war on Chelovek and all his associates. And... It kinda gains more and more acceleration over time... The information did not spread towards the outsiders though. Complete lockdown of Sanahin, which the international councils and all that fancy stuff would push on, would be devastating for the region’s economy even for a short period of time. And now… You arrive. A couple of outsiders, snooping where they shouldn’t. And I’m asking myself, why? Care to explain?
TL;DR Wrote:Region of Sanahin, very industrial, very natural. Buncha terrorist killed governor, currently in secret civil war with the Evil Team with incomprehensible motives. Buncha outside Trainers/Breeders/Scholars/Rangers/Who Cares (That'd be you, the PC's) arrive. They stumble into things they shouldn't inspect.
Here's your stuff, PART 1 Wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0l6v65ynvgdah...lebook.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8uiv0ymsvivnz...dition.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wceat48mtemqhg...-Sheet.pdf
Each Pokemon counts as an Extra. You get one at start for free. Including New Logoran.
4 Aspects, 16 skill points, you can give some of those to your Pokemon. You can work as a whole collective, in pairs, idividually, I encourage contact though, through C-Box, throuhg Discord, through PM, through whatever. Especially between you and me. And a really good backstory. Tragick Dark Backstories taking 400 pages in word are always welcome. Deadline is indefinite until I announce the part in which it is definite.
More detailed Pokemon rules are coming your ways, will be up soon.
I know I'm rushing it, but if you want something to not fail, rush it.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
UNHOLY MOTHER OF---

*wall o' texted for over 9000 damage*

Well, if it's on a Saturday, expect interruptions from me. =/ Unless it's at night...in which case, cool. But weekdays should be golden for the most part. And if I'm not here because reasons, sorry in advance. But I'm certainly interested in participating, yes. =D

Favorite Words
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

[/spoiler]
Pfft. You do worse ones. Dazel does worse ones. Even Kaelyn does worse ones.
I categorically deny any involvement in walls of text. Also, your nose is big.

=P

By the way, those links go to Drop Box but it says the pages aren't there.

Also, aspects? I dun geddit. @-@ Or are we just using this for the general idea?

Favorite Words

[/spoiler]
This all seems very interesting. I'm only about a third of the way through the rulebook, but I've already got a character concept coming together. I'm thinking about playing an archaeologist who came to Sanahin to investigate the ancient tribes that once inhabited the region. He'd somehow get tied up in terrorist/conspiracy plots, and uses his investigation skills to start sorting things out. He'd also have a Zubat.
Right, I think I get Aspects, Skills and Extras, but what are the Stunts, Consequences, Physique and Will sections of the character sheet for, exactly? I mean, Stunts are only described as regards a hypothetical magic system (which we don't have) and the others just aren't mentioned.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Just rummaged through nearly the whole thing across one ill-advised dusk. It seems very interesting, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how Pokémon specifically would fit into it.

Now to think up some character prospects... or maybe sleep.
Okay, this time, it let me download them.

So do you have a system all worked out that adapts the FATE system, then?

Favorite Words

[/spoiler]
Hehe. Whoops. Sorry Kath. Forgot about the Accelerated thingy. Please don't kill me, it's there now!
Yup, Kraken. I do have a way to adapt Pokemon to FATE rules, and it shall be posted in the evening.
Pokemon rules. They're laconic. They explain nothing. They're really bad. THey're here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MdL1...sp=sharing
Critique and suggestions appreciated.
Also, hey, Taav did a thing for us on Discord!
I had to ask for permission, apparently. @-@ So...I think you're supposed to get an e-mail requesting access.

Favorite Words

[/spoiler]
Ah. Wrong link. Should be working now.
Exactly how much are we using from Accelerated? I've only gotten to give that one a light skim so far.

Also, as far as the Pokémon mechs go... wouldn't it be more interesting to keep Speed around but use it only as a modifier for the initiative roll?
All except approaches.

I thought about it, but dismissed this as conventional initiative wouldn't do so well when Pokemon got switched in and out on a constant basis, for the most part with multiple combatants on either side... Actually, I think I might add speed as something for more-than-2-mons battles...
If nothing else, a lot of side games have non-initiative Speed around to be used as a factor in accuracy (the faster you are, the harder to hit you and the easier for you to hit). It just potentially gets weird to forgo Speed altogether when there's a bunch of things that interact with Speed, like Gyro Ball and whatnot.