Poll: Would you be interested in participating in a forum tabletop RPG campaign or one-shot?
This poll is closed.
Yes
83.33%
10 83.33%
No
0%
0 0%
If it gets going I'll tag along.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pokemon Aligned - Forum Tabletop RPG(stuff thread)
So yeah. A forum tabletop RPG is an idea that's been poppin up from time to time, with more or less appeal. So with the introduction of the Discord channel a while back, I figured: Maybe we could go and do something with it? This thread as of currently, is just a quick poll(Which should be above, unless sth goes wrong), and if enough people would be interested, we might as well go with it, righto?
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
I'm interested, what game were you thinking of using?
My initial concept was FATE mechanic with a Pokemon setting, though I'll gladly accept any idea you might have.
Hmm... Yeah, that's a signature... I think I'll keep it that way until I find anything better.
I have no clue how this works, and I'm kind of interested, but I'm too busy at the moment in these months..... : (
[Today 06:03 PM] Eonrider : See you in the future, suckers!
[Today 08:54 PM] Orchestra : Also yay, a Kaelyn post. x3 More text walls~
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll definitely participate if I can. I know BlackInfinity really likes tabletop, so I'll show this to him too.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: KHz5Qeq.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Yeah, I've never been in an online tabletop. Tried to get into D&D but the groups never stay together...
One dark night in the middle of the day,
two dead boys went out to play.
Back to back, they faced each other,
drew their swords, and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the shot
and came and got them two dead boys.
If you don’t believe this story that’s true,
ask any blind man; he saw it, too.

[spoiler=Vocabularic Genius & Wisdom]
Favorite Words
Agathokakological, Deleterious, Discombobulated, Existential Cessation, Impugn,
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

[Image: ruur2ot.gif]

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

The American way is lost.
There is only the commercial way,
which has become a communist capitalism
concealed behind a thin veil of democracy.
[/spoiler]
Wow. Throughout a single night this idea gathered more people than the last Turquoise Bingo! Certainly can't complain.

But yeah. Since we're apparently have enough people, let's not rush into this headlong, for there are questions of organizational matter, that need answering.
- What do we play?(As has been said, my deafult idea is FATE mechanics with a custom Pokemon setting, but I'm open to suggestions.)
- Where do we play?(Deafult idea: Using the Discord channel, either text or voice, depending on you guys, with rolz.org as a rolls rom, but again, open to suggestions.)
- Who's the GM?(I'd assume that'd be me, unless any of you are willing. Or we could do a monster-of-the-week format with rotating GMs)
And, most importantly:
- WHEN do we play? Since, you know. We're all kinda scattered around different time zones. I propose that each of us willing to play post when in the week they'd be avialible(Preferably using GMT or EST time), and then we come to a conclusion about the best time[/size].
Honestly, I don't care how we do things. As long as someone with a little tabletop RPG experience can help me out a little. I've always wanted to try tabletop RPG of any kind, but I just can't find a group...
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
I don't know anything about FATE at all, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. There's also an already-made Pokemon Tabletop RPG that we could try. Of course, we can also fall back on classic D&D.

As for times, I think Fridays and Saturdays in your timezones work best for me. I'd also prefer to use voice chat, probably through Discord, as tabletops tend to bring out a level of emotion that's hard to convey through text alone. Also it means I can voice act my character.
Agree about voice chat. Voice acting and quirky accents are the best parts of roleplaying.
Generally speaking I chose FATE beacause A: It's really streamlined and emphasises narration, which is always a good thing, and B: It's a really good set of mechanics for first-timers, and from what I can see most people here fall under this category.
Nothing against Pokemon tabletop United/Adventures or classic D&D though. Vox populi, vox dei, et cetera.

About timing, for me it's practically any time in the weekends, and 5 through 11 pm GMT on the other days.
I've seen the PTU before, but not in practice, and the general impression I got from it was... that it's awful hard to tell if it'd actually work out well without seeing it in practice.

Also, personally, I'm not particularly big on using voice chat, since in general spoken communication is difficult for me to keep up with, but I can definitely just go along with it if everybody else wants it bad enough.

As for the timing: my Sunday nights (relative to my timezone, which is UTC -3, currently on DST) are taken, but any other time in the weekend is fair game.
I agree voice chat, and best day for everyone would likely be Saturdays or Sundays. We should probably start figuring out time zones in my opinions
Best time for me is 5 PM - 2 AM Fridays, 12 PM - 2 AM Saturdays, and 2 PM - 8 PM Sundays. ( In EST )
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
During the weekdays is best for me, generally after 9. 15:00 is a good stopping point, 16:00 at the latest. Seriously, with my mother around, it's guaranteed that I'd slow the game way down - and that's not fair to anyone. That's also why weekends are pretty much off-limits for me, sadly.

Also, I'm kind of in the same boat as Kath, as implied.

And voice acting would be...interesting. I actually have a really fucked-up evil voice that's hard but fun to do, but I don't think it would work for Pokemon. XD Unless it was a talking Pokemon, maybe...? I dunno. But it would be interesting, anyway. I could practice horrible accents and piss off everyone that has those actual accents. =P

Favorite Words
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

[/spoiler]
This sounds awesome. I love tabletop roleplaying, and normally I'd be the first to sign up, but I really have no time this semester. I'm already in one campaign with friends, and I'm GMing another campaign (with the same group of friends). Plus this semester is one of my hardest (and most emotionally challenging) so far. So yeah, would love to, but really can't.
कालो ऽस्मि लोकक्षयकृत् प्रवृद्धो लोकान्समाहर्तुमिह प्रवृत्त
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”
-Bhagavad Gita (XI, 32), as quoted by J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog, Caspar David Friedrich. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...of_fog.jpg

Hmm... Alright, how is everyone about 6 pm GMT(1 pm EST, 10 am PST), on saturdays?
Oooo, that's actually surprisingly tricky for me. I mean, sure, I can get up in the morning to be there and I can prepare my lunch beforehand for consumption during the session, but 11-12am is about when Dad gets home from grocery shopping, and I'm rather expected to help put the stuff away. I'm on MST, by the way, 6pm GMT is 11am MST. Just an hour later would be fine for me, to be honest.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
2 PM EST, so an hour later, would be helpful to me as well due to the chance of me sleeping extremely late, but 1 PM EST is fine.
Moderator Hawkman32
Smash Player, Lazy Mod, Horrible Person
Steam FC - 2466 2802 2212 PSN - KingHawk3210

[Image: e5b0d748a4d2d748e9a64d8c3e20799ea0ddadfe...1u1838.png]
That... is at 6 in the morning for me. So maybe one or two hours later would be better.
18PM GMT is workable as-is for me, but two or three hours later would be a little better, so I wouldn't mind that general motion.
Yeah, sorry. That's supper time for me.

Favorite Words

[/spoiler]