Hallo.
So...I see that you use fakemon. While I'm not strictly against them, I am curious regarding them. For example, does a character's starter have to be a fakemon? I noticed that you have 3 listed that are fakemon.

I've always been slightly wary of fakemon because...well, they're fanon rather than canon. There's usually no established knowledge base for them (that's relatively simple to find and has ample information regarding them) and they're typically not very well put-together.

On the other hand, some of the more recent additions to Nintendo's Pokemon roster have been...odd, to say the least. (I mean...an ice cream cone for a Pokemon? Am I supposed to train it or eat it? Or an over-sized ring of keys? Seriously?)

You guys do have a wiki...but anyway, my question above stands.
One dark night in the middle of the day,
two dead boys went out to play.
Back to back, they faced each other,
drew their swords, and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the shot
and came and got them two dead boys.
If you don’t believe this story that’s true,
ask any blind man; he saw it, too.

[spoiler=Vocabularic Genius & Wisdom]
Favorite Words
Agathokakological, Deleterious, Discombobulated, Existential Cessation, Impugn,
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

[Image: ruur2ot.gif]

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

The American way is lost.
There is only the commercial way,
which has become a communist capitalism
concealed behind a thin veil of democracy.
[/spoiler]
Well...

For starters... hello! I'm Taav, and this is Turquoise. Welcome to our modest slab of internet, Kraken! We hope you stick around.

To answer your question: Yes, you do have to chose between one of the three listed starters (Acafia, Crocoal, Spraylet). Whether you end up using it or trading it away is completely up to you though. Even if you aren't interested in the fakemon, there are plenty of canon Pokemon in the regional Pokedex.

That being said, I think the fakemon here are pretty good, so I hope you give them a chance.
~ Taav
Taavministrator // Senior Bracer
[Image: GziDAAU.png]
[Image: YfzdtMe.png]
Avatar/Signature theme: Estelle Bright of the Trails in the Sky series.

Hmmm...

Well, Bossorna's an interesting twist on typing. It looks more like a ground-type than a poison-type. I do like that nice, red coat of Feucrota's...and Osgrave does look rather impressive, admittedly.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. And okay. I'll see about maybe starting up a character, then...because wynaut.

Favorite Words
Irascible, Poetaster/Poeticule/Poetling, Rodomontade, Schadenfreude, Transmorgrify

Percussive Maintenance: When you beat something until it works. (Shan, Imythess C-Box)

It’s better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

Judge not another by hir stature, especially when hir stick is bigger than yours.

[/spoiler]
I never really know what to so, so I'll make it simple for me.

Welcome welcome to Turquoise. :3 I hope you enjoy your time here. Are you from Orange Island, or did you happen upon us purely by chance?

I know what you mean about fakemon. I feel more comfortable with pokemon I have prior knowledge of, but any here are great. Freaking turtle shurikens and walking fire flowers~

If you need any help, please check out that wiki you found, or even ask the mods and admins. We'll he happy to help. :3c
The 'D, actually. I just love saying that. It's so much cooler than RPG-D.

So...even though my birthday has passed, you mentioned something about claiming a Pokemon. I do love Rhyhorn, although the only idea I could come up with is one derived from the Kalos anime pilot...and I hate just ripping ideas from something else, even if they're good ones. No, I'd rather catch a Rhyhorn...

But anyway...how would I go about claiming a birthday Pokemon, then?

Favorite Words

[/spoiler]
Go to the RPG Promos section of the Global Plaza [Link included >>Here<< for good measure]

If you want a Rhyhorn, sadly that won't happen unless it is added to New Logora's pokedex at some point in the future.
http://turquoise.alteredorigin.net/pokem...a-pokedex/ < Pokedex

Some pokemon can not be chosen unless you have a specific number of badges due to their rarity and/or power, but there are still quite a number that can be chosen for a new trainer. :3 Just be sure to post the pokemon you want, a nickname if you would like one for it, and your birth day and month.

My apologies if this is a mess of a post. I'm not the best at explaining things.
The wiki holds less of the most useful information than you think, mate! I strongly recommend you go looking through the early posts of most threads here, particularly every stickied one. That'll give you the most info.

For your birthday pokemon, go the the 'RPG Promos' forum, in the Global Plaza section. You'll find everything you need there.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]