The Revivalist Conspiracy - Brown Boots
Kathira stomped her way down Route 618. She didn't anticipate problems, except perhaps for the tiny Tinimer she'd recently caught in a competition her brother bullied her into. It was a steady road down to the Badlands, and the Jarovesu tunnels. That wasn't a place she wanted to re-enter, not really...Kathira shook her head. She had plenty of items, a full team of Pokemon (admittedly, Induam wasn't with them at the moment). And this was a road she had to walk for now.

Even if Xander, trotting away unhappily harnessed to a little cart with a box meant to be delivered in Verserecto, wasn't exactly enjoying this.

OOC: Rename Tinimer to Induam, then gimme a wild battle.
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
OOC: Renamed. Also felt like doing something different. My apologies.

The dusty, hot, barren lands between Fractura City and the Jarovesu Badlands bore little plant life, and even less shade for the wandering pair, though the creatures that roamed the land seemed to mind it little. Many creatures could be seen, from swarms of Durant hunting for any plants to devour, sand crocodiles of varying sizes sun bathing or playing in the sand, and so on. None seemed to want to bother with Kathira however. Since nothing wanted to come to Kathira, the only other option was to look for something...

Which didn't take long at all.

Kathira and Xander happened upon a caravan of Numels, grazing on some small patches of grass growing under the shade of a rock. Don't ask how it was growing. Logic doesn't exist in this world. The group consisted of one large Numel grazing by its lonesome, as well as a pack snacking together.

What will Kath do; Approach the big, or assault the small?
Chatta pecked Kathira in the head. 'Hey, horde battles are like, super rare. Especially here. I mean, like, how many other people have had 'em? I know you got a ton of Paras, but did anyone else? We can't waste this!' The idiot bird promptly charged the small group of Numel to bombard them with nerdy questions regarding gaming and fandom, until the icicles flew and brought the bird down low.

Petrice stepped up to the plate to beat all five [8] Numel.

OOC: Bait and switch Chatta to Petrice.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
As the rock creature approached and challenged the caravan, the five young Numel pulled themselves away and slooowly walked over, some snorting, some yawning, and one still chewing some bits of dry grass in its mouth. Switching from 'slow turtle' to 'hyperactive puppy' mode, suddenly the five calves swarmed over Petrice, each doing their own attack as the largest Numel watched on, thinking the five had this in the bag as it ate.

Two began to growl, their voices slow and derpy as they cried out. Two more attacked, one breathing out a rain of sparks while the other banged its head against Petrice's shell, though neither attack seemed to do nothing. The last finished the grass in its mouth, then focused, now looking a little more fired-up than the rest.

OOC: "Go, Chatta! Get dem free exps!"
"Return. You can do it, Petrice!"
Wild Numel's 1 & 4 used Growl! Petrice's attack fell!
Wild Numel 2 used Ember! It's not very effective... [-3 HP]
Wild Numel 3 used Tackle! Critical Hit! It's not very effective though... [-3 HP]
Wild Numel 5 used Focus Energy! Numel is getting pumped up!

[13] [sp=f] [sp=gravendou] 41/47 [Sturdy] @ [sp=fizzyfunjuice] [Att -2]

[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2]

Petrice scanned the Numel pack and settled on the most immediate threat of the collection. Setting her stance, she launched a collection of frozen spines at it, hoping to neutralize it before it could begin to do her harm.

OOC: Icicle Spear Wild Numel 5 (alive!)
The quintuplets began 'playing with Petrice once more, the somehow faster calves began to growl and spit flames at her tough shell once more, while another stayed back and focused like her sister did last round!

Petrice finally had enough. She shook her shell, making the five step back for fear of getting jabbed by her spines, before firing a trio of icy spikes from her back at one of the Numel's... I'm sure this would have hurt more if they would just stop growling...

Are you as surprised as i am that they're faster? What the heck?!

OOC: Wild Numel's 1 & 3 used Growl! Petrice's sharply fell!
Wild Numel 2 and 5 used Ember! Neither were very effective... [-6 HP Total]
Wild Numel 4 used Focus Energy! Numel is getting pumped up!

Petrice used Icicle Spear on Numel #5! [-2 HP]
Hit twice [-2 HP]
Hit three times! [-2 HP]

[13] [sp=f] [sp=gravendou] 35/47 [Sturdy] @ [sp=fizzyfunjuice] [Att -4]

[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 29/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2]

Petrice groaned. Status effects. Why did it have to be status effects? But she had something the Numel did not: a trainer stocked up on Potions. So she began piling on the status effects herself, wagging her rear adorably to counter the considerably less adorable Numel growling.

OOC: Tail Whip
Despite their new plaything actually fighting back, the five fire type's continued to bully poor Petrice. Once more, one growled... How much lower can her attack fall? Two assaulted the rock-upine with fire and body slams, but Petrice don't give no craps. The last two began to focus as well, making four little crit haxers out of five!

Since attacking seemed to do nothing, debuffs were the best way to go! The group stopped, entranced by Petrice's rhythmic tail waggling, the five never realizing the effect it had on their defense...

OOC: Wild Numel 1 & 2 used Focus Energy! Both Numel are getting pumped up!
Numel 3 used Growl! Petrice's attack fell even further...
Numel 4 used Ember! It's still not very effective... [-3 HP]
Numel 5 used Tackle! Nope, still not effective. [-1 HP]

Petrice used Tail Whip! The defense of all five Numel fell!

[13] [sp=f] [sp=gravendou] 31/47 [Sturdy] @ [sp=fizzyfunjuice] [Att -5]

[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -1]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -1]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Def -1]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -1]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 29/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -1]

Petrice kept waggling her butt at the Numel, calmly working through how best to tell her team to never mention this demeaning display to anyone, ever.

OOC: Tail Whip. Got a lot of Tail Whips to go to counteract the Growl-induced debuffs.
And the onslaught continues! Once more, the Numel's seemed to pair off to do their thing, with two trying to cook Petrice, two trying to crack her shell, and for good measure, one growled her attack power right into the ground.

With a wiggle waggle of her tail, the Numel's were once more entranced, one even approached at pawed at the moving appendage much like a kitten with a string. It would be adorable if they weren't all so annoying!

OOC: Wild Numel 1 & 3 used Ember! Why try, it's not gonna hurt? [-6 HP total]
Numel 2 used Growl! Petrice's attack has hit rock bottom!
Numel 4 & 5 used Tackle! Both were crits, yet they both still sucked. [-6 HP total]

Petrice used Tail Whip! The defense of all five Numel fell again!

[13] [sp=f] [sp=gravendou] 19/47 [Sturdy] @ [sp=fizzyfunjuice] [Att -6]

[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -2]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -2]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Def -2]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -2]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 29/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -2]

Petrice waved her tail one way. The Numel followed it. She waved her tail the other way. The Numel followed it again. They really were completely stupid, weren't they...?

OOC: Tail Whip. Again.
More fusterclucking by the five Numel! A pair of body slams to Petrice's shell, one spitting fire in an attempt to fry'er up good, one focusing up, and of course, one idiot that tried to drop Petrice's attack ever lower. Of course, Petrice returned the favor by waggling her tail... Suddenly one of the Numel calves bit onto the swaying appendage, the rock-type now dangling from its mouth like a Bucarat to a Caslot.

I'm more interested in the bigger Numel. Why is it just lying there, eating as it watched the show? Does it care? Is it even the parent to these five? ... Are the Numel's even related?!

OOC: Wild Numel 1 used Growl. It failed. Idiot Numel.
Numel 2 used Ember! Still not effective, yet Petrice is starting to get that burned food' smell. [-3 HP]
Numel 3 used Focus Energy! Lookit all them pumped-up camels!
Numel's 4 & 5 used Tackle! How have they not hurt themselves yet?! [-2 HP total]
How were there no crits, interrobang?!

Petrice used Tail Whip! The defense of all five Numel keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'...

[13] [sp=f] [sp=gravendou] 14/47 [Sturdy] @ [sp=fizzyfunjuice] [Att -6]

[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -3]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -3]
[8] [sp=m] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -3]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 35/35 [Simple] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -3]
[8] [sp=f] [sp=numel] 29/35 [Oblivious] @ [sp=rawstberry] [Focused: Crit +2] [Def -3]

It was clear to Petrice that she was a little injured. The constant stream of attacks, though weak, had taken their toll on her. So she waggled her tail at her team. Thelx clumsily scooped a Potion out of Kathira's pocket and handed it to the Gravendou. Ahhhh, much better...

OOC: Use Potion.
OOC: Being a wild encounter with many targets, you can choose to do two commands a round, though there is a greater risk in doing so.

Thelx tried to navigate around the playful group of calves, but it only resulted in the ray dropping the purple bottle. Lucky for him, it struck Petrice's spiked shell, shattering and spilling its contents onto her. Sweet relief~

Though that relief didn't last for long. While two Numel sat back and continued to do typical idiot moves, the other three were busy chipping away with critical hits. The worst came from an Ember that scorched Petrice's shell badly, the spot smoking as the poor porcupine whined in pain. Ooh, right in the shell...

OOC: Potion used! [+20 HP]

Numel's 1 & 3 used Ember! That smell is making me really hungry...
Also, 1 scored a crit and 3 burned. [-9 HP total]
Numel 2 used Tackle! Think it got some critical brain damage from that one... [-2 HP]
Numel 4 used Growl. Sigh...
Numel 5 used Focu- why?!

Petrice winced, but carried on as if nothing had happened. She gestured to Thelx to bring her another pair of Potions.

OOC: I'll take two turns, then. Both to Potion.
Thelx didn't even bother to leave, roosting atop Petrice's shell while somehow avoiding being struck by the constant Tackles and Embers. Once both potions were emptied, Thelx returned to Kathira's side, floating in front of her open finned, waiting for more healing items.

Meanwhile, I'm regretting ever doing horde battles. x.x

[spoiler=Turns 1/2]
OOC: Turn 1
Potion used! [+20 HP]

Numel's 1 used Ember! There's nothing I can really say now... Also crit. [-6 HP]
Numel 2 used Tackle! [-1 HP]
Numel 3 & 4 used Focus Energy...
Numel 5 used Growl...

Petrice's burn is really starting to suck. [-6 HP]

Turn 2
Potion used! [+20 HP]

Numel's 1, 2 & 5 used Tackle! [-6 total]
Numel's 3 & 4 are still stupidly Growling...

Still feeling that burn... [-6 HP]
[/spoiler]

Taking the time while Thelx grabbed another pair of Potions of Kathira, Petrice waggled her tail again. Hopefully not too long now...

OOC: Tail Whip, once. I may need to heal straight afterwards, I may not. I don't know.

Meanwhile, I'm regretting forgetting to get Petrice Skill Link before leaving Fractura. Once this battle is done, that'll be what I'll do, return to Fractura and do some maintenance.
Twas a bright, beautiful day to Numel as he grazed on a particularly dry and crunchy patch of grass. The dark, almost grey bits of greenery tasted dusty from how dry they were, but it was nothing he wasn't used to. Beggers can't be choosers in a wasteland after all. Turning his head up from nearly dead patch before him, Numel watched the ensuing battle, the quintet of young calves playing in the sun, though the seemed to be wearing themselves out.

Must be simpletons, them. The Numb pokemon thought to himself, wondering how the young'ins were able to be so energetic when it's such a sunny day.

Yup, sure is bright out. Hope no one forgets that. It being so hot and sunny an' such.

And suddenly Sunny Day came into effect, as it should have been the entire battle...

OOC: Sunny Day permanently in effect

Numel's 1 & 4 derpishly used Focus Energy... Why?
Numel 2 used Tackle. They're bashing out what little brains they have left. [-1 HP]
Numel's 3 & 5 used Ember. I think Petrice is ready to come off the grill.
One normal, one crit btw. [-13 HP total]

Petrice shook her groove thang. All Numel bowed to her dancing prowess.
She's certainly feeling the burn from all that booty shaking. [-6 HP]
OOC: Oh, Orch, you silly!
Thelx made another two Potion run. They were nearly there, nearly at the point where Petrice could begin to attack...
OOC: Two turns, both to heal.
Although most of the Numel derped around and did nothing constructive, a few of them did manage to land a hit on Petrice, several of which were ineffective criticals. Petrice also suffered through her burn, but the two Potions have definitely helped the situation a lot.