IRP How the Ostento Stole Christmas (Eli and Kathira)
Szlazan City was a much bigger city than Eli was used to. Having grown up in the Sevii Islands, Eli had little experience finding his way around big cities. The open wilderness, sure. Eli had spent countless childhood hours roaming the Seavault Canyon, exploring until he knew the place like the back of his hand. This city, on the other hand... Every corner looked exactly the same to Eli. Everywhere he looked there was just concrete and buildings under construction. Eli was coming to terms with something he'd never experienced before, something that made him very uncomfortable.
Eli was lost.

After his excellent performance in the Pokemon Catching Tournament, Eli had been offered a free ferry trip to spend three days in any New Logoran city of his choice. He'd chosen Szlazan because of the Acoatyl Tower, an old Tanoby relic. He'd imagined what it'd be like to explore its heights. Sure, they'd probably be off-limits, but Eli had no problem sneaking past barriers. He'd done it before. But before he could sneak past anything, he needed to find the damn tower.

Eli scanned the area, hand to his forehead, but found nothing. That was fine. He had other methods. He turned to the Chatot that was sitting quietly on his right shoulder.
"Chuckles, buddy, why don'tcha fly up and point me in the direction of the tower?" he asked. Chuckles didn't move. Eli squinted closer at him. Chuckles' eyes were closed tight, and the Chatot's chest slowly rose and fell as small whistles came from his beak. Eli smiled. Looked like that plan wasn't going to work either. When all else failed, Eli had a strategy that never did.

Eli looked around again, but this time he wasn't looking for the tower. He was looking for people, someone who might be open to Eli's unique method of persuasion. There was someone. She was a young woman, with her back turned to him. She was quite tall, but still not as tall as Eli, and had long black hair in a ponytail. She'd do fine. Putting on his best winning grin, Eli walked up behind her and lightly tapped her on the shoulder.
"Excuse me, darlin', but you wouldn't happen to know the way to the Acoatyl Tower, would ya?"

OOC: Adventure start! Enter Kathira.
Much like the rest of New Logora, Szlazan had an unpronouncable name. Not for the first time, Kathira found herself mentally cursing the Tanoby as she herself searched for signs pointing the direction of the more pronouncable Acoatyl Tower. The Chatot in her company, Chatta, personally wanted to have a look and maybe 'do some sidequests', as she put it. Which did not sit well with Kathira as Acoatyl was under Revivalist control and, although the wound had healed, the bandage come off, the stitches been removed a while ago, Kathira still did not like them.

She didn't like anyone that much, really, and had to force her fist down before she punched the man who'd just asked her what she didn't know. After all, Chatta hadn't come back from a flyby yet.
'No, I'm afraid I don't,' Kathira replied sharply to the man, turning to face him. Induam, a little Tinimer she'd recieved in a competition she'd failed, was visible hiding in her collar from this angle to avoid getting blown away by a currently non-existant stiff breeze. She observed the man: similar hairstyle, similar height, but much leaner and with a red bandanna around his neck. And a grin that Kathira didn't particularly like the look of. 'Did you just call me...'darling'?'
This often catches me out, too, but Xander the Crocoal is female.
Avi by DevArt user DragonA7X, taken from here. Free to use.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
[Image: 76561198157421562.png]
Eli was more than experienced enough at reading people to immediately see the anger in the young woman's eyes, and his grin faltered for an instant before coming back even wider. She seemed bold, and adventurous. He liked that.
"I did indeed, but I can use your name if you prefer," he said without skipping a beat. He stuck out his hand. "The name's Eli, but you can call me anytime." That was risky. If he judged her temperament correctly, she just might try to hit him now. It wouldn't be the first fist he'd had to sidestep.

OOC: Short post this time. Not sure how we're going to get these two on the Ostento's trail, but if you have any ideas let's discuss them in the signup thread.
OOC: Had to look up my answer thread for Kathira's specific reactions in general.

'Wha-? F-flirting?!' Kathira's expression turned murderous as she threw a punch at the jerk who thought he could screw whoever he chose. Apparently, he was used to violent retaliation, judging by the ease with which he dodged the blow. So Kathira switched tack. 'No, I will not 'call you'. Talk like that to me again and I'll break your ribs. Surname? In case I need it?'

As if to save the shameless flirt from further retribution, Chatta the little Chatot fluttered down from her extensive flyby in search of the best route to Acoatyl Tower and landed on her trainer's shoulder, looking exceptionally proud of herself. Kathira wasted no time.
'Well? You got a route?'
The Chatot grinned - or whatever the beak equivalent is - and put her surprising skills in the English language to use. 'Sure did! Should be simple route from here on, but uh...you're not gonna like what's waiting there.'
'What am I not going to like, Chatta,' Kathira sighed. 'The birds? I put up with you, for Helix'ake. I can handle a few birds.'
'Ain't the birds that's the problem! Acoatyl's a Revivalist thing, so that's a thing, but there's also a biiiig crowd at the tower. Outside it. They seemed angry 'bought something, but I was too high to hear what it was.'
Kathira cracked her knuckles. 'Well, I guess that to get to the tower itself, I'll have to suplex a few people. Just because I can.' Ignoring 'Eli', she turned on her heel and headed off in the first direction Chatta pointed her wing in.
'...No matter what you do or what you become: You are nothing less than beautiful.'--SCP-1342
'One voice is small, but the difference between zero and one is as great as one and infinity.'--SCP-1281
Eli felt a pang of disappointment as he sidestepped the young woman's furious fist. That happened sometimes. Eli's good looks were often enough to let him get away with being very forward, but not always. That attack had given him even more insight into the young woman's character. She'd lashed out at him with her fists, failing to notice the sword hanging on his hip. That meant she was rash and reckless, rushing in without thinking beforehand. A lot like him actually. A real shame. There may have been something there, if she weren't so, you know, angry.

The woman then proceeded to ignore Eli as her own Chatot came fluttering in. It spoke English as well, although its speech was more straightforward than Chuckles' usually was. Eli quickly checked on his own avian companion. He was somehow still sleeping, despite the sudden movement Eli had made to avoid getting hit. The other Chatot seemed to know of a route to the Tower, although it also mentioned some kind of angry mob, and the Revivalists. That didn't bother Eli. The mob would hopefully distract the tower staff and make it easier for Eli to sneak past. And he could find out more about the Revivalists, which he was hoping to join, while he was there. But first there was the matter of getting to the tower. He waited for the Chatot to show the way, then set off a bit behind the young woman, just in case.
Kathira strode down multiple streets, making a brief stop to make sure her remaining mons were alright in the PC, and finally ending at the entrance to Aciatyl Tower. Chatta was right, there was a large crowd of angry people shouting about missing boxes and decorations, and a sudden invasion of Curlsa and Coifaire. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened.

But why were the Revivalists being blamed? Not that they weren't full of...Kathira casually nudged one of the protesters at the rear of the crowd. 'Hey, buddy. You know what's going on?'
'We've had our belongings stolen by a horde of bears, that's what's going on!' shouted the teenager, a fairly androgenous type.
'Oookay. So, not that I like the Revivalists any more than you do, but what exactly did they do this time?'
The teen appeared to fail to comprehend her. 'They were doing something here, alright? And now the local Coifaire and Curlsa are running through the city taking whatever they like. So we're protesting Revivalist operations, since this is the second time...You did hear about Jarovesu, right?'
Kathira gave a short, humourless laugh. 'Heard about it? I was there. Welp, I'll let you get back to shoutin'. Maybe they'll listen this time.' She stepped back to enjoy the sounds of an angry mob giving the Revivalists some well overdue protestations.

OOC: Feel free to have Eli force Kathira into helping heroism.
The young woman took such a winding route to the tower that Eli almost lost her several times. But he got there in the end, and now stood a short distance behind her. Her Chatot had been right about the angry mob, that much was certain. Amidst the general yelling, he caught things like,
"My little Timmy is distraught! What am I supposed to do without Christmas presents?" and
"We need to get those thieving Curlsa and Coiffaire outta here!"
It didn't take long for him to piece together what had happened. Growing up rather poor, Eli knew what it was like to have a minimal Christmas. He was having one today, after all. But despite their struggles, Eli's parents had always managed to provide him with something. For a child to get nothing at all on Christmas Day because of a good-for-nothing thief... that was unacceptable.

Eli was tempted to rush off and confront the Revivalists about this problem, but he doubted he could do it alone. A voice on his shoulder chimed in.
"Bawk! Talk to the girl!" squawked Chuckles. Eli hadn't noticed him wake up, although how he knew about the woman Eli had talked to Eli had no idea. Perhaps the Chatot had never been asleep in the first place. Chuckles' idea seemed like a good one. The young woman seemed to have some kind of a grudge against the Revivalists, so it should be easy to convince her to help interrogate them.

Eli tapped her on the shoulder once more, his face set. No flirty shenanigans this time.
"Right, I be the good-looking cop, you be the beat-things-up cop. We're going to talk to the Revivalists and get to the bottom of this," he said, before pushing his way towards the front of the crowd. He felt reasonably sure she would follow. If not because she wanted to help, because she wanted to beat him up for talking to her again.
Kathira paused. On the one hand, this guy was a creep. On the other, she was herself a little curious about what was going on...and any chance to punch someone in the face was a chance to take. She cracked her knuckles. 'Hee hee, alrighty then. Who's our victim?' She made sure to say her final sentence once she'd caught up to Eli at the front of the crowd, within earshot of the Revivalists being accosted by the mob.

She put on her best menacing grin, for the sake of further intimidation, to look like she really enjoyed beating people up. This wasn't hard. She really enjoyed beating people up.
There was a perimeter around the tower. Of course there was. Wouldn't want the angry mob beating up the fragile scientists inside. But Eli had yet to find a barrier he couldn't slip past. He scanned the ranks of security guards looking for a target. That one looked good. A young man, perhaps a year or two younger than Eli, stood looking about the crowd. He seemed nervous. Probably new to the job. He'd be perfect.

As Eli approached the young man, he tripped. But it was no accident. 'Catching' himself by placing both hands on the guards shoulder's, Eli stared into his eyes for a little longer than was normal before righting himself again.
"Heh. Sorry about that..." Eli said with feigned awkwardness.
"Oh! Uh, don't worry about it," stammered the guard, looking even more nervous. Eli sometimes had that effect on people.
"Yeah, I don't really know what happened," Eli said. "I guess I just really fell for ya," he continued with a wink. At this the guard turned bright red, stammering incoherently.
"Tell ya what," Eli went on. "To make up for my little mishap, I'll take you out sometime. Why don't you go grab your phone and I'll give ya my number." Still red and now sweating a little, the guard nodded and rushed off. Just as planned. Eli turned and motioned towards his temporary interrogation partner, then slipped under the barricade.

Finding an actual scientist didn't take long. Eli never even got stopped on the way. He knew how to walk like he was supposed to be there. The scientist Eli had found was sitting at a table under a canvas. He pulled out a chair and sat on the opposite side, making a point of slamming his hands on the table to get the man's attention.
"So I heard you got a Curlsa problem," Eli said. The man looked up, startled.
"Uh, yes. How did you get in here?" Eli waved a hand dismissively.
"Same way as always," he said. "Now, my friend here doesn't like you guys very much. So you're going to spill the beans or she might just make your face a little less handsome. Capiche?"
The researcher mumbled for a few minutes, eyes darting around for an escape. Kathira calmly wound around behind the man and placed a hand on his shoulder, gripping tightly but not causing pain. In case the scientist turned around and could see her face, she retained her menacing grin.
'Hey, buddy, you don't have to answer. I'd really enjoy rearranging your bone structure.'
The scientist managed to look even more panicked. Then he noticed that Eli happened to have a rather sharp weapon strapped to his waist. That was it. He spilled.

Apparently, the Revivalists in the area were continuing to study the ruins in their usual fashion. Unlike the fiasco at the Badlands, the Revivalist researchers here were more interested in examining the tower itself for further information about the history of the Tanoby. A handful of others had been performing observation studies of the local birds and Unown. Nothing had changed in normal operation. They could think of no real reason for the Curlsa acting the way they were.

'Are you sure nothing changed?' Kathira asked, irritation back in her voice. As usual.
'P-positive! Well, I mean... those looking at the Unown said that a couple of wierd ones showed up just before the Curlsa mobbed the town, but what's that got to do with it?' The scientist gabbled.
Kathira went pale. 'Unown. Wierd how?'
'Um...black ones, I think. With multiple eyes. But even they did exist and the Unown observers weren't mistaken, they haven't been seen since! Not one spotted while we looked around to try and find out what happened to the Curlsa.'
Kathira released the scientist, taking a step back and clutching the ragged scar on her left arm. 'Right. Black Unown.' She turned to Eli. 'Black Unown. However one got here, whatever it was doing...it's the source of these problems. Now, I'm a little ashamed to sy it, but I don't know a lot about Pokemon. I do know that it would take a lot of Unown to muster the power to drive an entire horde of pokemon out, even black ones, so that can't be what's happening here. Can you think of a reason why a ton of Curlsa would go around stealing everything they could?'

OOC: Kath doesn't actually know what an Ostento is, let alone that it would be ordering Curlsa and Coifaire to steal everything.
Eli noticed how his companion reacted at the mention of strange Unown. She'd obviously tangled with them before, and had come off worse for it, judging by the way she clutched that scar. As for Eli, he'd spent most of his childhood exploring Tanoby ruins, and never once even heard a rumour of Unown like the ones the researched described. That was intriguing. Eli smelled an adventure brewing.

"Well, I'm not from 'round here so I'm afraid I don't know much about Curlsa either. Nor have I ever heard of any Unown like what he said, even though I grew up exploring Tanoby ruins," Eli said, placing a hand on his chin in thought. "But if Curlsa are stealing things across the city, then maybe there's something coordinating them. I say we find one, and follow it to see where it goes. But to do that, we need bait..." As he trailed off, Eli grinned devilishly at the researcher.
"I don't suppose you have any unopened presents, eh? You can have it back after. Probably. Maybe."
The researcher shook his head. 'We're as affected as you are. No presents left whatsoever.' Kathira cracked her knuckles, just in case. 'I-I swear! We don't have anything! I'm sorry!' He buried his head in his hands. 'I truly wish we could help but we just don't have anything. We're all tied up in the tower trying to figure this out ourselves...'

Kathira groaned. This wasn't going anywhere; the only useful information she'd had was the fact that one of those things had been here, and Eli's theory that the Curlsa were bringing their loot to something else. Only, how to get to that someone else...?

'Alright, I got an idea. We find a box, we wrap it to look tempting, we stake out. Problem is, we'd need a box, some wrapping paper/tape/ribbons, and a place to put the 'present' that we can stake out. Sound good?
Eli frowned when the researcher admitted he was also a victim of the cunning Curlsa criminals.
"Well," he started. "I didn't want to do this but it looks like I don't really have much of a choice." With that, he reached into his backpack, and pulled out a small package wrapped in blue.
"I was going to give this to my best mate next I saw him, but if we're going to get to the bottom of this, then I need to use it here," he said, looking genuinely regretful. "I just hope I can get it back."

Shooing the researcher away from the table, Eli flipped the thing onto its side, placed his package onto the floor, and motioned for the others to join him in hiding behind the newly placed table. As he crouched, he took another look at his tenuous female companion.
"So, I don't believe I got your name?"
Kathira kept herself in a half-kneel she knew she could leap from at a moment's notice if she had to. After all, whenever the Curlsa showed up, she - no, they - would have to tail it for answers. She paused at Eli's question. 'No, I don't think you did. I'm Kathira Narae. Call me Kath.'

As an afterthought, she checked Induam was still clutched to her neck, then balled her Chatot. Chatta had about as much common sense as her trainer, and was liable to sqawk at just the wrong time and blow everything. She could be highly useful in getting the stolen goods back via translation service...provided Eli was somewhat decent at diplomacy and wanted to try that. But then again, Kathira had always preferred kicking problems in the teeth until they weren't problems anymore. Whatever. They'd cross that bridge when they got to it.

What was interesting was the business of the bait itself. 'That was nice of you, Eli. You didn't have to take out one of your own gifts for bait. I guess it's something this friend of yours will appreciate?'
Eli, too, crouched behind the table in a ready position. When Kathira inquired about the present, he merely shrugged in response.
"He'll appreciate it, sure, but it's more that I'd feel guilty if I didn't come up with something to give him. He's done a lot for me over the years," he said in a low whisper. "Anyway, we should be quiet if we want the Curlsa to think it's safe, so let's save any talking for later."

The wait was only 5 or so minutes, but being in a crouched position made the time seem to stretch forever. Eli felt incredibly relieved when he heard the soft sound of footsteps enter the tent. He peeked over the edge of the table. A small, bipedal ursine Pokemon with golden fur stood holding Eli's present. Go time. Moving with deceptive speed, Eli leaped out from behind the table with a yell, causing the Curlsa to briefly freeze with fright before dashing away as fast as its little feet would carry it.
"Chuckles!" Eli called. "Track it from above!" Squawking in affirmation, Eli's Chatot rose from his shoulder and took to the air, flying after the fleeing Curlsa, with Eli himself running at a full sprint in pursuit.

The Curlsa took a winding route through the city, doubtlessly in an effort to evade its pursuers. In fact, it would have lost Eli very quickly were it not for Chuckles' aid. The Chatot flew high above, chirping out the direction the Curlsa had gone. Eventually the Curlsa ducked into a side alley with Eli hot on its heels, but when Eli turned the corner, the Curlsa was nowhere to be seen. Chuckles flitted down and landed on Eli's shoulder.
"Didja see where it went buddy?" Eli asked. Chuckles shook his head.
"Bawk, city smog makes sight difficult," he chirped. "But Curlsa is still in the alley, bawk!" Eli nodded. The Curlsa must have some kind of bolt hole in this alley to quickly dive into. Eli turned to Kathira.
"Right. That Curlsa's still here somewhere, all we have to do is find it. Any ideas?"

OOC: Hope you don't mind me semi-controlling Kathira by having her also chase the Curlsa. The Curlsa's lair is in this alley, so it shouldn't take too many more posts from here.
Kathira chuckled. 'I'd be all for smashing things until we uncover it. You're the ideas man, what fresh plan can you come up with?' She strode down the alley, shoving dumpsters and other moveable objects away from the buildings either side. 'Although the least I could do is move stuff so there are less hidden bolt holes around.' She paused and turned back to him. 'Actually, now that I think about it, what we gonna do to whatever's down there? Punch it into submission to get the presents back?'

OOC: Blarg, short post is short.
Eli raised an eyebrow at the term 'ideas man'. That wasn't something typically used to describe him. 'Reckless idiot' was much more common. When it came to taking action, Eli tended to do the thing that first came to mind, and right now that was to have a look for bolt holes. He walked around the alley, kicking boxes which lined the side as he went, in the hopes of uncovering a hole in the wall or something similar. When Kathira asked him about plans, he simply shrugged.
"Honestly, I don't usually think that far ahead," he said. "I don't really know what I'm expecting to find. More Curlsa, probably, and the missing presents, hopefully. I guess what we do depends on what's there."

Eli wandered around the alley for a short while longer, before he came to face an old wooden door. It looked disused and somewhat rotten, while the building it was attached to looked like it hadn't seen human use for years. Curious, he kicked the bottom of the door. It swung inward, as if on a hinge. Eli's eyebrows shot up. That was most certainly the kind of bolt hole he was looking for.
"Hey, Kath, c'mere," he called. "I think I've found it." He tried the door handle. Unsurprisingly, it was locked. Eli frowned. Then he kicked the door, which, as rotten as it was, fell apart. Eli stepped through.

A short way from the destroyed door, the floor was littered with wrapped boxes of widely varied shapes, sizes, and colours. Several Curlsa which had been scurrying around froze in place at Eli's intrusion. Towards the centre of the room the presents grew into a large pile, among which the largest presents had been fashioned into a sort of throne. Seated upon the throne was what could only be the leader of the Curlsa. Standing well over a foot taller than even Eli, the bearlike Pokemon's torso, jaw and head were covered in luxurious tufts of golden fur. Slowly it rose from its makeshift throne. It was looking directly at Eli. Eli gulped.
"Aw hell."
Kathira grinned. From the look of it, the giant golden bear was gearing up for a fight itself, to defend its home and its hoard. Kathira was having none of that. She lived for the fight, and this one was going to be one to remember. Probably less likely to get her killed, too.

Induam clung on to his trainers neck as she charged the Curlsa's head honcho, only to trip over a line of Curlsa that had suddenly appeared between the girl and mon. No matter. The other reckless idiot of the room began punching Curlsa left right and centre, sometimes kicking them, sometimes throwing, sometimes delivering headbuts to those foolish enough to leap that high, sometimes suplexing them just because she could. Groups were always a nicer fight, you didn't have to see where you were aiming. Curlsa went flying through the room, but there seemed to be an unending supply of them. These minions forced Kathira's progress to a crawl, as she was bogged down in a sea of creamy fur, unable to actually reach the throne.

The sounds of Curlsa screeching and Kathira's occasional battle cries was very loud, loud enough to carry for a full block. A passing ranger patrol, one of many through the city in search of thieving Curlsa, heard the racket and immediately came rushing to investigate, radioing for backup in case it was necessary. It probably was, there were that many Curlsa. The team that was there brought out their own Pokemon, of all kinds, from all across New Logora, and began to catch the Curlsa and stem the hoard.

A second team arrived, following to orders to provide backup, and successfully brought the hoard under enough control that the golden bear realised this opportunity was over. It turned and ran, through an unnoticed back route, into the streets outside. Unfortunately for it, there was a ranger waiting. A ranger with an Ultra Ball. There was no escape. The mon screamed in an unearthly manner, reminiscent of a child in pain, to stop the ranger for long enough that it could escape, but the attack failed to hit. One throw, and it was over.

Kathira, fairly bruised, giggled enthusiastically. 'That. Was. AWESOME! I got into a fight! A biiig fight, a super-duper ENORMOUS fight, and you helped me get there, Eli my main man, my buddy old pal, thankee to you!' She hopped on the spot, like a kid told he was allowed to eat and entire mountain of candy. 'EEEEEeeee, ohgod, big bro ain't gonna like this, OH WELL, so much hitting things, s'AWESOME!' She managed to sober up a little, and grinned lopsidedly at her partner-in-crime. 'You know? You're all right. Bad first impressions, but I think I like you! You want my number? I'll gladly give it you, I want us to meet up sometime, maybe do this again!'

OOC: As if to make up for my short post earlier, here's an extra long one!
Almost as soon as Eli had entered, Kathira was on his heels, charging straight for the Ostento, only to get bogged down by hordes of Curlsa. Meanwhile, the Ostento itself maintained its death stare across the room at Eli. Eli grinned.
"Well, if we're fightin' might as well get in on the action, eh?" he said, drawing his rapier, then charging at the great golden bear. The Ostento roared back in challenge, and the two met in the most colourful battlefield both combatants had ever seen.

Eli moved like a blur as he constantly darted out of reach of the Ostento's claws, and occasionally ducking a flying Curlsa launched by Kathira. The Ostento had several cuts on it oozing blood where Eli's blade had found its mark, but all were shallow, and the Ostento had plenty of endurance to spare. Eli gritted his teeth as he bent backwards away from another claw swipe. As quick as he was, he was tiring, and fast. He couldn't dodge forever. Something needed to change, and soon. As Eli thought this, he felt a large impact to his side, and was sent flying into a nearby pile of presents. Supported into a sitting position by the presents, Eli reached a hand to where he had been hit. It felt warm and sticky, and when Eli brought his hand to his face, there was bright red blood on his fingers. A shadow fell on him, and he looked up to see the Ostento looming over him. He then spoke what he thought would be his last words.
"Aw Hell."

But it was not Eli's time just yet. He heard a slam, and the Ostento looked away, then fled. As Eli lay there in a daze, wondering what had happened, a figure came before him and extended a hand.
"Here," a kind-sounding male voice said. "Let's get you bandaged up." Eli gladly accepted the hand as the stranger helped him to his feet. The man took him outside where a team of rangers had heard the commotion and come to investigate, just in time for Eli. Thankfully Eli's wound wasn't serious, and the worst he'd suffered was exhaustion. He was so exhausted that he didn't even have the energy to make a flirtatious comment as his shirt was removed to dress his wound. Now taken care of, Eli was approached by Kathira.

Still a little stunned, Eli didn't make out everything she said, but she sounded very excited, despite being somewhat bruised herself. His ears perked up when she mentioned numbers, though.
"Heh, course you can have my number, mate," he said with a mile-wide grin. "We really will have to do this again sometime. It was a good first date."

OOC: Adventure Finish! This was a lot of fun to write.
OOC: We really will have to IRP together again some time, this was pretty fun when I was able to do things. I'm also glad we both got to do our intended endings; 'It was a good first date' sounds like a much better ending that Kathira retaliating for being told that!

Total counts
Kath: 9
Words
Eon: 2552
Kath: 2097

Don't think it qualifies for Kaelyn-style. We didn't manage quite enough wall-of-texting for that. :P It's still a good six unformatted pages in GoogleDocs, though.